You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Gas Smell on my Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

ironhead
Posted 2015-05-03 9:33 PM (#172231)
Subject: Gas Smell on my Vision

Puddle Jumper

Took my bike out for the 2nd time this year and smelled gas on start up and slow speeds. Even though I have been noticing my fuel mileage seemingly getting worse I have never smelled gas until today.There was no gas smell when I went into the shop to get it out. We road about 20 miles to eat and I didn't smell any gas when we parked. We were at the restaurant about 45 minutes and when we got going through the city streets I told my wife that i smelled gas. She said she did too. I stopped, checked the gas cap to see if it was lose or I was even thinking I might have left it somewhere when I filled up. I did not stop to get gas on this little trip to town, so It wasn't spilled gas from a fill up. But we only smelled it at slow speeds. We are headed to the Smoky's in two weeks and I need to get this issue resolved. Hoping for some help on here and hoping for an easy fix. If not I will call the dealer and take there. Any help would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2015-05-04 4:41 AM (#172232 - in reply to #172231)
Subject: Re: Gas Smell on my Vision

Visionary

Like my '09 some Visions had a problem with the filler neck. Victory replaced my right tank and a sticker that says not to let the gas nozzle rest in the filler, hold it so it doesn't cause stress on the neck. Have the shop check it out.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-05-04 8:16 PM (#172239 - in reply to #172231)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
are you OVER filling the gas tank.. and there for its coming through the over fill tube?
PCNova
Posted 2015-05-07 4:52 PM (#172306 - in reply to #172231)

Cruiser

Had this issue with mine bought new gas cap and fixed issue, rubber was wearing out on cap I guess.
lennyb
Posted 2015-05-07 6:32 PM (#172312 - in reply to #172239)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Arkainzeye - 2015-05-04 9:16 PM

are you OVER filling the gas tank.. and there for its coming through the over fill tube?

+1 but add that over fill can be just getting near the top of neck, not driving enough miles to burn much off, then leaving bike sit out in sun. Expansion from the heat will cause overflow and odor. Get some speed going and the air flow could be eliminating the odor until you slow down again.

Can't beat taking the Vision to the Smokies - ENJOY!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™