You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bleeding Rear Brake
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

DarthMonolith
Posted 2015-05-18 9:47 AM (#172469)
Subject: Bleeding Rear Brake

Puddle Jumper

Great Mills, MD
So in early spring, I didn't ride my bike for about 2 weeks, and when I finally went for a ride, the rear brake was spongy. I looked up the proper procedure for bleeding the brakes in my service manual, but hadn't got around to doing it. I had my bike re-dynoed when Kyle was down here in Southern MD, and he mentioned the rear brake to me. I told that I planned on doing it myself, his advice: bike on side stand, handlebars to the left, and bleed from the front right caliper, bottom bleed screw. Advised me to jam sharply on the rear brake to open the linked valve, I jammed it hard 2x and the third time, opened the bleed screw and there was alot of air in the line. I did 2x times to ensure there was no more air and fluid ran clear. Refilled the rear brake reservoir, good to go. A big thanks to Kyle for the tip, per the book, I would have to bleed all three calipers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2015-05-18 11:23 AM (#172471 - in reply to #172469)
Subject: Re: Bleeding Rear Brake

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
thanks for sharing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™