You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

CB HELP PLEASE
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

vtwin17
Posted 2008-10-10 3:56 PM (#20339)
Subject: CB HELP PLEASE

Cruiser

Northern RI
Finally after 5 weeks got a new radio and CB. They are new because the others didn't work right. Well I get everything put back together last night and meet a couple of friends to see how everything is working. Now I have another problem. When they talk to me, it sounds great, volume perfect, get the RX on the display, I'm thinking great. Then I transmit and I can hear myself through the helmet speakers. Their speakers cut out as if they are receiving me, but there is no sound. TX shows up on my display and RX shows up on their display. One of my buddies called it a dead carrier. I have the J&M headphones with the HO mike. I know they work because my buddy plugged it into his ultra and it worked fine. Am I missing something simple? I've also tried all the different settings etc. AVC, CBvolume control, ICOM volume control, VOX, Local and Distant settings and so on. Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks to everyone in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
radioteacher
Posted 2008-10-10 5:53 PM (#20346 - in reply to #20339)
Subject: Re: CB HELP PLEASE

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
I think that Harley and Victory use the same plugs with different pin outs. So....A Harley headset will not work on a Vision.

Maybe someone can confirm this.

jama
Posted 2008-10-10 6:19 PM (#20349 - in reply to #20339)

Cruiser

Arkansas
If you are using a Harley lower cord, it won't work. You can get a j&m cord for the vision- my guess is that will fix it for you. If you already have the proper lower cord, then I'm not sure.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2008-10-10 9:17 PM (#20360 - in reply to #20346)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

radioteacher - 2008-10-11 12:53 AM I think that Harley and Victory use the same plugs with different pin outs. So....A Harley headset will not work on a Vision. Maybe someone can confirm this.

I can confirm it.  When I ordered my lower cord from J&M in the early days of Visionness, I was told that J&M's Harley cord would work. 

It didn't.

I spoke to the president of J&M, who told me the pinouts were different and that they had developed a cord to fit the Vision.  I bought two and they have worked great.  No problems with reception or transmission.

You also might want to check with J&M about the High Output mike.  The company president told me something about one of the mikes they sold wouldn't work well (or at all - I misremember, since it was nearly a year ago).  Give J&M a call about it.

Edited by Lone Ranger 2008-10-10 9:19 PM
rdbudd
Posted 2008-10-12 2:29 PM (#20535 - in reply to #20360)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
The pinouts are different. All you need is the proper lower cord from J&M. The HO microphones work TOO good on the Vision. They will pick up all the ambient noise and make the CB transmission hard to understand at any speeds over 60-65 mph, especially if you're riding double, since both mikes are active. HO mikes are not needed on the Vision. That's what I have (I figured I would get the best for my Vision) and I'm experimenting with ways to mute the mike. On the upside, the headset speaker volume is VERY good with the J&M's. I've been meaning to call J&M and see if they have a less sensitive microphone that I can replace mine with. The J&M's are modular, so it would be easy to substitute another mike. I've always found J&M to be very customer oriented, but I've not had time to call them during business hours.

Ronnie
jama
Posted 2008-10-12 4:48 PM (#20541 - in reply to #20339)

Cruiser

Arkansas
I was told b J&M that all you have to do to decrease the output on the HO mike is block a few of the holes in the mic face plate. The reason this works is due to the fact that there is no difference in the mic, other than that. You could just put a little drop of nail polish or similar substance in a few holes until you get the response you desire. Or, find a non-HO mike and count the holes and duplicate that. Of course you can call them to confirm this, if you want.
vtwin17
Posted 2008-10-12 7:25 PM (#20550 - in reply to #20339)
Subject: RE: CB HELP PLEASE

Cruiser

Northern RI
I should have given a little more info. I do have the J&M patch cord (2 of them) for the Vision. We were testing that cord on his bike with his headset. Just to rule out the cord.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™