You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Lessons Learned - Zumo 660 Install
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

GericaRM
Posted 2015-07-15 10:17 AM (#173481)
Subject: Lessons Learned - Zumo 660 Install

Puddle Jumper

Hello All

I just installed my zumo 660, which replaced the now obsolete streetpilot 2820, on my 09 ViVi. I am a military aircraft tech by trade, even though I have been working out of trade for a few of years, I still remember the main rule of desnagging an electrical issue, which is... when the light does not work, sometimes it is just the bulb... translated to mean always start with the most simple fix. I did remember this rule for this job, I obviously just remembered it sloppy.

When I first started the job I connected the power wires with no issue. I then connected what I figured to be the audio wires. I tried all combinations of the 3 wires coming from the gps into the 2 wires on the bike harness. Nothing seemed to work. I then started researching, and read that I needed to have a + and - audio going into each of the 2 gsp wires. So I made myself a little sub harness. Still nothing worked.

I finally decided that I had tried every possible combination and that I may have to just settle for having power only and not having the audio through the bike's speakers. For an A type can-do person like me that was REALLY irritating. So much so that once I got connectors on all of the of the wire ends I just could not leave well enough alone. I decided to start from the beginning and retry all of my combinations. And as I connected my first try all of a sudden POOFFFF!! it worked!!

Lesson learned - even though I remembered the first rule, I should have also remembered the second rule.... don't do a half-ass job (on connections), especially for quick desnagging/testing.

However, I do still seem to have an issue. The volume on the gps is coming through the speakers is VERY low. Has anyone had the same issue? Were you able to fix it?

Thanks
Gerry

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nozzledog
Posted 2015-07-16 12:35 AM (#173502 - in reply to #173481)
Subject: Re: Lessons Learned - Zumo 660 Install

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I had to have the 660 volume at 100% and control it thru radio volume only. MP3s come out loud enough, but directions are still a little low.
efd158
Posted 2015-07-26 3:54 PM (#173741 - in reply to #173481)
Subject: Re: Lessons Learned - Zumo 660 Install

Cruiser

Westchester Co., NY
Same here. With the volume on the GPS itself at 100% I find the volume is just adequate.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™