You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Looking for a Full Face Helmet / Modular
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-15 9:30 AM (#1869)
Subject: Looking for a Full Face Helmet / Modular

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Like to drink the Dr. Pepper on the way in. I see the Nolan Victory branded but a little spendy. Don't think I have to have a Victory branded item. Any ideas?

My head and ears getting a little cold on these 30-40 degree temps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-15 9:47 AM (#1873 - in reply to #1869)
Subject: Re: Looking for a Full Face Helmet / Modular

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
Voz runs small, and is a little Noisy, but priced right. Any model with "R" proceeding it has ear cavities
for speakers. I like all the HJC fits. The Symax has speaker cavities, but the CLMax does not. The
CLMax is supposedly quieter. I have all of these. I bought one from JCWhitney, and used it for a few
Months. I dropped it just from the seat of the Goldwing. The chin spilt about a full inch from the bottom.
www.Denniskirk.com has some on clearance right now. I am worse than a woman with shoes when it
comes to helmets. LOL I have about 7 right now. Copy & paste this link:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=330...

Herb

Edited by g1nomad 2007-11-15 9:47 AM
jama
Posted 2007-11-15 9:49 AM (#1874 - in reply to #1869)
Subject: RE: Looking for a Full Face Helmet / Modular

Cruiser

Arkansas
Po,
I've got a black HJC Symax in Medium that is in very good condition-never dropped . With a light smoke shield. Let me know if you're interested. I cpould bring it over to FRS one of these weekends for you to try. Might save you some bucks and help clean my shelf of one of my 5 helmets. Wasn't even used much.
Jim

Edited by jama 2007-11-15 9:54 AM
Visioneer
Posted 2007-11-15 10:11 AM (#1877 - in reply to #1869)
Subject: RE: Looking for a Full Face Helmet / Modular

Cruiser

Ann Arbor, MI
From the research I did the Arai and the Shoei seemed to be the favorites out there in full faced but they're not modular. They're even more expensive than the Nolan's but appear better constructed.

I had a Harley modular which I believe is made by HJC. It was OK until I bought an Arai Profile (non-modular). I changed because Snell won't rate a modular helmet and I figured if they won't rate one then I'm probably not getting the best protection. The Arai is much quieter and fogs considerably less. It also has removable/washable liners. The cheeks are a little snug for my head shape but I believe they offer thinner ones if I don't get used to these. I will probably miss the convenience of the flip up but so far it's not bad especially since the weather is colder and I'd rather have the non-fogging now. The modular was nice in the warmer weather when sitting at a stop light.

As for the Dr. Pepper how about an IV? Maybe drill a hole for a straw. LOL

Good Luck! There are no easy choices out there. Figure out how much your head is worth and that may narrow your choices.
metalguy
Posted 2007-11-15 10:16 AM (#1878 - in reply to #1869)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I have a Caberg modular that I use. It is a sweet helmet, quiet, and the faceshield is fog-free. Kinna spendy, but NICE. Mine has an integrated sunshield too, for those sunny spots. It can be retracted when not in use. Most of the time for my commute I just use my 3/4 helmet, tho. The Caberg will get my headset.-----Metalguy
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-15 11:40 AM (#1882 - in reply to #1869)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I looked on their website for the Caberg and I don't see where they distribute to the U.S.A. Where did you find one? or had to order online.
Visioneer
Posted 2007-11-15 12:36 PM (#1883 - in reply to #1882)

Cruiser

Ann Arbor, MI
Here's a USA site: http://caberghelmets.com/

Those are nice looking helmets. They'd look great with the Vision.
metalguy
Posted 2007-11-15 3:41 PM (#1887 - in reply to #1869)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I got mine at an independant motorcycle shop in Lacey, WA called Vince's. He had a few, and he was local so I was able to check them out first hand. Mine is a metallic black, and way nice.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-16 5:33 AM (#1908 - in reply to #1869)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
pollo,,,full faced helmet? i'm no gynocologist, but i know one when i see one. Oh, yeah...the weather. Never mind.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 8:49 AM (#1917 - in reply to #1869)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Dude, all about the comfort. I know the flip up even adds more Sci-fi to me and the bike, but I haven't figured out how to stay warm and still get to enjoy the Dr. Pepper. I rode in this morning and couldn't even drink my DP, because I had the neoprene stretchy face covering over the nose and mouth and it doesn't always go back the way I set it. So, no DP (or coffee in Buckeye language) for me on morning ride. I tooo neeed the jUICE.
lowtone9
Posted 2007-11-16 9:23 AM (#1919 - in reply to #1917)

Cruiser

I wear only full-face, would also like to find a modular that i like. No luck so far.

These guys are great to deal with, and accept returns no hassle.

www.helmetharbor.com
RedRider
Posted 2007-11-16 10:26 AM (#1926 - in reply to #1869)

Visionary

Check out the Scorpion line. I really like the EX-100 but it's not a full face but does what I want.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-16 12:42 PM (#1927 - in reply to #1869)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Have a whole row of helmets also- I sure can endorse the new Nolan N102 - full face with the flip capability,pricey yes, but I have several less expensive ones I don't like and won't wear - Anyone want to buy some used ones?
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 3:04 PM (#1936 - in reply to #1869)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
The new Nolan can you give a brief synopsis opinion. Where at and how much? I see the one in the Victory Catalog and the local dealer has one for 350.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 3:08 PM (#1937 - in reply to #1869)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
jama, I appreciate the offer I just got a bigger ego, I mean noggin. Maybe put some of that stuff in the classifieds on this site or up on E-bay.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-16 4:46 PM (#1939 - in reply to #1937)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
Poo- I paid like $275 for all black at the dealer store - It had an option to add Victory brand to the helmet which I declined. With the Victory branding it was goin to be like $75 more. My wife got one with fancy design without branding and it was $350. You might try your dealer, or I can give you # for mine, I would imagine all the ones on the Polaris site include the Victory branding.

BTW, like you, I like to flip the face up for drinkin etc. and lock it down on the road.
LOL
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 10:05 PM (#1943 - in reply to #1869)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
DessertJam, not that I'm an engish major or can spll or nuthin, but it might bee easier to cut, copy, paste the name, I am not sure who "POO" is, I'm pretty sure I showered before I came on here. I don't care about the Brand portion. Just need a good flip up helmet. Thanks for the info.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 4:32 AM (#1994 - in reply to #1869)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
poo,,,LOL ! Thank goodness he didn't just come out with it... hey POOP! LOL...hahahaaaa POOP, ha, ha.....dang thats a funny word to spell also...POOP.. I was thinking more along the line of a Pollo shirt,,,but POOP...POO...LOL! I'm glad I don't have to wear the full face helmet. Then again, the woman think it's mysterious if they can't see your face..poop. HAHHHHHAAA dang thats funny. Dude, they want an arm and leg for those jammies. I wonder if you could get a heated one? The neoprene face mask sucks. I had to cut a hole out of my skeleton mask so i could smoke, and then my sun glasses fogged up. Your going to need 2 helmets. One for winter, and one for summer. I got my 2003 eglide up for sale...$9000. Think thats to low?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™