You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

RainX on my windshield
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-15 9:33 AM (#1870)
Subject: RainX on my windshield

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Maybe I have to redo the rainx on my windshield. Last night got stuck in one heckuva rain storm couldn't see through my glasses or my windshield, almost gave up. I had put Rainx on the windshield but it didn't do like it does on my car. Maybe I need to refigure.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-15 9:39 AM (#1871 - in reply to #1870)
Subject: Re: RainX on my windshield

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
RainX ruins our Goldwing Windshields, and some aftermarket ones. There is a very thin hard coating
on the plastic windshields. The RainX will get under it, yellow it, and put little bubbles under it. It is
intended for glass only. Just a warning.

Herb
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-15 10:10 AM (#1876 - in reply to #1870)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Too late, dun dunnit. Maybe I wax it like a car.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-16 5:44 AM (#1909 - in reply to #1870)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
pollo, it happens, you know, shizzle just happens. Can't you use some type of solvent to get that crap off? Did you get wet? THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BRAGGING ABOUT RIDING YOUR VISION. Of course I didn't mean that....or did I? I'm loosing it, its' back back back back,,,it's lost. Did your rain ex leave the windshield stained? Dang it brother, Thanks for posting it, so nobody else does something that dumb, I mean, makes that mistake. Yeah, I have vision envy! Why a black street? Man, that sounded ghetto..but thats the way I roll up in this hizzle. no-what-im-saying?
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 8:44 AM (#1916 - in reply to #1870)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I got your shizzle, bizzle, whizzle and the whazzle. Doesn't look like it stained it or even affected it in anyway, it just didn't let the water sheen off like on my car. I can just about go through a downpour with rainx on my car windshield and never turn wipers off. The water just slides right off. The Vision windshield just seem to hang onto the water. I had water droplets everywhere, I thought with all the buttons on the bike I would be able to find the windshield wiper. I couldn't find it. I even looked in the book, and the accessory book and I still haven't figured it out. Could somebody please help me? I can't find THE WIPER SWITCH!
Yes, you are right it is what I get but what else can I say except that I now have two thousand eight hundred miles under the warm buttocks. Oh, yeah, rode in this morning too, listening to a little Def Leppard, Poison, Nickelback, Tracy Lawrence, Conway Twitty, all through my MP3 player (not IPOD). It got to my AC/DC collection and hung again, I'm starting to think it is just the ACDC collection, giving me problems. But I be rollin' with my stock bling bling, STILL!
lowtone9
Posted 2007-11-16 9:43 AM (#1920 - in reply to #1916)

Cruiser

Use Plexis. The Vision windshield is plain old Lexan.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 9:57 AM (#1921 - in reply to #1870)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Define Plexis
RedRider
Posted 2007-11-16 10:25 AM (#1925 - in reply to #1870)

Visionary

The windshield on your bike is plastic. The windshield on your car is glass. That's should reason you are getting different results.

I have read where owners have said Rainx damages their windshields. Most of the ones I have read have been older ones. There are lot of different plastics out there today. We are using one for electronic cabinet doors that is just about impossible to scratch. I have use a putty knife on it and no damage. You may find with your new windshield you may not get any damage from the Rainex but in case you are worried about it I would clean it with automatic dishwasher cleaner. It works great. When you get bugs on it just put a wet towel over the windshield the dead bug soak up the moisture and come off easily. I think if you read the directions on the Rainx it tells you what you an and can not use it on?

Plexis is a product in a spray can that cleans and coats you windshield. It's good. I use a different one called Nevus.

If you go real fast the rain will blow off your windshield... O.o I don't know of a product that is made for bike windshields that does what you want. Maybe if you lower the windshield you won't see the rain on it????
lowtone9
Posted 2007-11-16 1:25 PM (#1928 - in reply to #1925)

Cruiser

A lot of bike shops have Plexis on their shelves, or you can get it online. Try it, I think you will like the results. Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish is good too. I`m sure there are others. The honda branded product you can use on the whole bike, pipes and all.
metalguy
Posted 2007-11-16 1:57 PM (#1929 - in reply to #1870)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
Lemon Pledge....
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-16 2:30 PM (#1932 - in reply to #1925)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
BlueOx USA - 2007-11-16 10:25 AM

We are using one for electronic cabinet doors that is just about impossible to scratch. I have use a putty knife on it and no damage.

Plastic?

Please let me know where I can get it, and what is it called? I want a different shield on both
my Kawasaki & my Vision. There doesn't seam to be very much bend in either, and I think I
could make them myself. I am good with my tall Tulsa® on the Goldwing (actually, spoiled).

Herb
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 3:00 PM (#1934 - in reply to #1870)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
does lemon pledge help it sheen off. I was thinking of making a different windshield just for these cold winters. Maybe expand it and make it taller. Just a smidge.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 5:05 AM (#1996 - in reply to #1870)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
pollolittle...the Plexsis is the best thing going. My buddy is a CH-46 crewchief and they get that stuff in by the loads. It is high grade stuff, that the Marine Corps aircraft use on their windshields. He brought a can home for me to use on the E-Glide windshield. Awesome. I got a bit of it on my paint, cleaned it like it was cool. tried it on a small spot on my pipes....better than pigs spit. Those wingers get all the goodies. But I do swear by that magical potion of mystical goodness.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-19 12:32 PM (#2024 - in reply to #1870)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Where you gettin it at? I tried you spelling version of it and nothing, but then Plexus shows up.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-19 2:25 PM (#2028 - in reply to #1870)

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
There is a product called Novus. It is formulated for plastics. You can get it in 3 stages depending on if you need to remove scratches or just polish up the suface. The final step can be used if you are just cleaning. It is antifog, antistatic and dust repellent. I have used this stuff on all of my motorcycle windshields and even for scratch removal the windshields look like new if not better. I purchase it at TAP plastics but it should be available at any plastics or plexi fabrication stores. Check out http://www.novuspolish.com/
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-20 3:13 AM (#2081 - in reply to #1870)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Plexus is what I meant to right....dang key board. It's a blue,black and white lable. I've seen it advertised in the back of a magazine once. I'll look on the net and get the site to you.....quit being so pushy, I'll get to it when I can. I mean I have no aircraft to talk to, and going out on civilian guard is getting old (I think the FAA is on to me). Those guys can't take a joke....I asked them to clear my wife into ZLA on her Buckeye Broom (her prime mover).....
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-20 7:34 AM (#2084 - in reply to #1870)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
heheehehehhe. What the cubes in that broom?
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-20 10:19 AM (#2095 - in reply to #1870)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
plexusplasticcleaner.com try the site. I found the ad in the back of my cruiser mag. You know the one thats fricken 4 months old! THE ONE I BOUGHT TO READ ABOUT THE NEW VISION EVERYONE IS RIDING AROUND ON! THE VICTORY VISION TOUR THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE 3 MONTHS AGO! i can't believe cjonoho got his before me....Yeah, weres the loyalty now? ever on the site anymore...how about some dang pictures. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-20 10:22 AM (#2096 - in reply to #1870)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I posted two pics and you say nothing and furthermore, no mention of the size of the motor in that broom. Quite disappointed! HUUUMMPPP!

Edited by pollolittle 2007-11-20 10:24 AM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-21 2:21 AM (#2130 - in reply to #1870)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
She's sporting a single turbo jet engine on a 7 foot long stick. She has forward controls, and it's painted Midnight cherry. She wants to put a trailer and use a full face helmet. To much drag with the trailer, so that sits in the cave. She has a chin strap for her pointed hat (DOT approved) and wears combat boots. The mole on her face is almost un noticable, and when she kackles, and says my name, it breaks glass. Besides that, there's nothing to report on 1st Civ Div Buckeye of the West.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™