You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

License Plate Frame attacment Clip
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Bull
Posted 2015-09-09 9:15 AM (#174738)
Subject: License Plate Frame attacment Clip

Puddle Jumper

, WI United States
Hello All - well the very first thing I ordered even before I brought my vision home was to get the body panel that covers the top trunk bolts so I can turn my vision tour into a street. I've been getting pretty proficient at taking the tour pack off and on. Have timed myself and in the 15 minute range.

I new before hand though that the weakest link in the swap was going to be the license plate. It has to be removed every time to free up the body panels enough to slip in the top trunk panel. Then when it's in street mode with the top trunk off the license plate is kinda sticking right up back there. And sure enough the other day the GF was getting off the bike and managed to trip on it and loosened up the attachment clips underneath the frame mount.

The next day when I took all the rear body panels apart to get at the clips - I saw that the two clips had pulled out of the plastic holes they sit in. BUT when I took the taillight panel off that covers the clips - in the process of lifting it off and setting it off to the side - One of the two clips disappeared. I am pretty sure it fell inside the bike, Looked and looked, went around everything with a magnet even and the one clip is lost. So now for the time being my license plate is held on with one bolt instead of the two.

I found the exploded parts diagram online and guess what - it is not showing those attachment clips. They are two small metal body clips or "bolt pals" that sit inside the plastic panels that the license plate frame bolts into.

Does anyone happen to know the part number? And BTW even the part guy at my local victory dealer can't find it because he is looking at the same part diagram as me and plus that he doesn't have any understanding of the license plate frame because he's just a part guy and never actually saw what I'm trying to describe to him. (my polite way of putting it... )

If anyone had ordered these clips or had a link to a part diagram that shows it will be appreciated. It's a common body clip I'm sure.

THANK YOU

Edited by Bull 2015-09-09 9:18 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ljurgens
Posted 2015-09-09 12:00 PM (#174742 - in reply to #174738)
Subject: Re: License Plate Frame attacment Clip

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
Check your local auto parts store, they probably have exactly the same one. Lots of common parts on these bikes it seems!
Bull
Posted 2015-09-09 1:40 PM (#174744 - in reply to #174742)

Puddle Jumper

, WI United States
Even though this nut/ body clip isn't shown on any parts diagram I do see that the screw is the same common 4mm course thread screw that most of the rear fender is put together with. - I'll order a couple from the dealer. I see they are just a little over a dollar a piece. The hole and threading should be correct, At worst I may have to epoxy it in to the inner body panel.

Just got off the phone with the parts person again. no clue,,, they think the license bracket screws directly into the frame - it doesn't.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-09-09 8:07 PM (#174752 - in reply to #174738)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
is it anything like these? http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Nuts_Cage_s/116.htm
Bull
Posted 2015-09-09 11:15 PM (#174753 - in reply to #174738)

Puddle Jumper

, WI United States
Similar but no, really looking for the OEM part. I know it exists and I surely cannot be the only Vision guy with a loose license plate frame.... But thanks!
Bull
Posted 2015-09-09 11:15 PM (#174754 - in reply to #174738)

Puddle Jumper

, WI United States
Similar but no, really looking for the OEM part. I know it exists and I surely cannot be the only Vision guy with a loose license plate frame.... But thanks!
Octane
Posted 2015-09-10 11:43 AM (#174757 - in reply to #174738)

Puddle Jumper

I had the same thing happen when I installed a laydown license plate mount. They are called speed nuts and are available in Pepboys and Home Depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Tools-Hardware-Hardware-Fasteners-Nuts-S...

...Alan

Edited by Octane 2015-09-10 11:46 AM
Bull
Posted 2015-09-11 12:43 AM (#174770 - in reply to #174738)

Puddle Jumper

, WI United States
Thanks!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™