You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

alternative Vision headlights
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2015-11-25 6:59 PM (#176726 - in reply to #176720)
Subject: Re: alternative Vision headlights

Cruiser

I DID use the rubber boot again but I cut it in half, if that makes sense, to make sure there was enough air flow in there. The instructions that come with the LED's recommend doing that and I ran with it because the thought of NO rubber boot bothered me even though I used a vasolinesque type liquid on it like Tennessee Vision did. I could probably made the hole I cut a bit smaller but the new lights/fan fit through easily.

Edited by beemerdad2@yahoo.com 2015-11-25 7:03 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2015-12-21 1:56 PM (#177011 - in reply to #175164)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
I've been thinking about LED replacements for a while, and heat was always the primary concern. It looks like the fan would be on the outside of the beet if you could place the boot at all. Any info on temps? And please, keep us posted in the Vaseline seal and how it holds up. Nice to see someone take the plunge! THANKS!
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2015-12-21 2:02 PM (#177012 - in reply to #175164)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
Thanks beemerdad2, I did not see your post when I posted last. I assume by cut in half you mean do not mean completly in half, but rather a cut from the center to the outside on one side allowing you to place the boot. Sounds right?
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2015-12-23 7:34 PM (#177025 - in reply to #177012)

Cruiser

Yep, that's what I meant. There're "rings" on the rubber and I just picked one of them that looked like it would be big enough or small enough depending on whether or not the glass is half full/empty kind of thing. AND...being the accurate cutter I am, they're both different. Still..I feel better having some rubber on there. I love the lights too but I'm still not too crazy with the pattern which I think is probably due to the reflector design more than anything. It's a bit more "scattered" than I'd prefer but WAY better with the LED's.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-12-28 5:47 PM (#177059 - in reply to #175164)

Visionary

is it the pattern of the lights or where they shine.
you can adjust left and right on the headlight if you didn't know
atvtinker
Posted 2015-12-29 12:19 PM (#177080 - in reply to #175164)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
The problem with LEDs right now is that they don't shine in a "circular pattern" which our OEM headlight bulbs do. So you tend to lose some of the light where there are no LEDs so the reflectors won't shine right. This is why you can put a decent HID kit in and it work as long as the filament is the correct length. Some of the HID kits on the market don't take into account of the filament placement so that's why it is hit or miss with some of the kits out there. Some of the LED kits work decently, but none of the ones I've seen yet work correctly yet. Hopefully someone will figure out how to get an LED in a cylindrical pattern that has decent power to work for headlights.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2016-01-02 8:09 AM (#177107 - in reply to #177059)

Cruiser

HAH...again you tell me something I didn't know! Left or right is ok but I DO wish the both lights I've had on the bike were a little more focused. These LED's are way better than the stock lights. But...I'm still curious how the lights are adjusted left or right if you don't mind explaining that.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™