You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

wiliturk
Posted 2015-09-29 9:40 PM (#175234)
Subject: vision

New user

Is the Vision getting dated in its design or is it still a viable choice for a distance tourer?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
turbobuick
Posted 2015-09-29 10:06 PM (#175235 - in reply to #175234)
Subject: RE: vision

Cruiser

Tampa, Fl United States
If you own one & you ride it you would know the answer to your question!
donetracey
Posted 2015-09-30 2:20 AM (#175236 - in reply to #175235)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

turbobuick - 2015-09-29 8:06 PM If you own one & you ride it you would know the answer to your question!

After 56 years of biking - 7 1/2 years on a Vision SPCSHP, I agree.

Street Eagle
Posted 2015-09-30 5:47 AM (#175237 - in reply to #175234)
Subject: Re: vision

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
Its timeless
varyder
Posted 2015-09-30 7:36 AM (#175239 - in reply to #175234)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
absolutely timeless. It is of the best design and engineering that I know of. A dream cruiser, I wouldn't own anything else for the long haul.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-09-30 9:04 AM (#175240 - in reply to #175234)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
If the vision at 7.5 years old is getting dated. . Then what is a Harley with their designs.?
varyder
Posted 2015-09-30 10:35 AM (#175246 - in reply to #175240)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Arkainzeye - 2015-09-30 10:04 AM If the vision at 7.5 years old is getting dated. . Then what is a Harley with their designs.?

Rockitman
Posted 2015-09-30 11:05 AM (#175248 - in reply to #175234)

Puddle Jumper

I've owned Kawasaki tourers, a Triumph Rocket, an HD Ultra Classic...and the Vision beats them all hands-down. With the exception of possibly the Goldwing...I think the Vision is the best tourer on the road. I've put more miles on my Vision in the past two months than I put on the Ultra Classic in two years. Why...? Because the Vision is an absolute joy to ride...can't wait to get on it each morning. The others were just motorcycles...
lstayner
Posted 2015-09-30 3:11 PM (#175251 - in reply to #175234)

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
Dated? No. Are there some small tweaks that would be nice? Yes. That said, I have owned a 2010 Goldwing and the Vision is hands down a better bike to ride distance. It is a very reliable bike that just takes normal maintenance to keep it in tip top shape. Since owning this bike I haven't even taken a serious look at any other model on the market. Like they say, "ride one and you will own one"
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2015-09-30 3:34 PM (#175252 - in reply to #175234)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
IMO, the bike is great, but the electronics are dated. The radio and the cruise control are really dated. Seems like Victory could do more with the center panel area and clean up the radio and cruise controls on the handlebars. I guess it's better than nothing.
sdvic
Posted 2015-09-30 5:55 PM (#175253 - in reply to #175252)

Cruiser

San Diego, Ca
I was hoping for more upgrades / advances. But I just bought a 2015 Mfg date 7-26-15 last month. Much improved from my 2008 and no regrets!

Ken
jimtom
Posted 2015-10-01 7:53 AM (#175255 - in reply to #175235)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
turbobuick - 2015-09-29 10:06 PM

If you own one & you ride it you would know the answer to your question!

What he said
wiliturk
Posted 2015-10-01 9:37 PM (#175260 - in reply to #175234)

New user

Well, I don't own one. I am considering it though. I have a GS BMW and I enjoy it. I would like to ride more long distance and I need something a little bigger. I test rode a Vision over the summer and I enjoyed it. Nothing like anything I have ever owned though. Some of you mentioned a Harley and alluded to the fact they are stuck in time and those people are happy. I agree with that but that's not me. However, I do appreciate the simplicity of an air cooled v-twin. I don't like having to pay for expensive services just for the latest technology either. I would love a simple , reliable, modern motorcycle that I can ride and maintain without being a certified master motorcycle technician
wiliturk
Posted 2015-10-01 9:38 PM (#175261 - in reply to #175234)

New user

Oh yes, thank you for all your replies.
rdbudd
Posted 2015-10-02 11:31 AM (#175266 - in reply to #175260)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
wiliturk - 2015-10-01 9:37 PM

Well, I don't own one. I am considering it though. I have a GS BMW and I enjoy it. I would like to ride more long distance and I need something a little bigger. I test rode a Vision over the summer and I enjoyed it. Nothing like anything I have ever owned though. Some of you mentioned a Harley and alluded to the fact they are stuck in time and those people are happy. I agree with that but that's not me. However, I do appreciate the simplicity of an air cooled v-twin. I don't like having to pay for expensive services just for the latest technology either. I would love a simple , reliable, modern motorcycle that I can ride and maintain without being a certified master motorcycle technician

I always tell those who ask me how my Vision compares to a Harley, or compares to a Goldwing, that Victory took the best features from both and combined them into one bike. Mine has been as reliable as my Goldwing was, and is far more comfortable than it was. The Goldwing had a little more luggage capacity and better electronics. The cruise control on both works equally well.

In my book, the Goldwing and the Vision are the two best long distance touring bikes on the planet. Maintenance on either is simple. Personal preferences will make the choice for you. You can't go wrong either way.

My 65 year old knees really appreciate the Vision's long floorboards and the ability to move my feet around at will. Neither the Harleys , nor the Goldwings rival the comfort the Vision provides.

Ronnie
Bashcars
Posted 2015-10-02 11:45 AM (#175267 - in reply to #175234)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I have a 2013 VV. It is just over 2 years old and only a few miles from 25,000. Most comfortable bike I have every owned or ridden. All my other bikes were Hondas (no Wing though). When I decided I wanted a touring bike, the wife and I sat on a Wing, HDs, Cross Country and Vision. The vision was the most comfortable for me at 6'4". I then road a Vision and that was it, I was hooked. It rides so smooooth and handles as well as my Honda ST1300 sport-touring bike that I traded in on the Vision. My only real complaint is the radio antenna - very poor reception. I have tried two different options and still not good. I have no problems with the cruise control and use it all the time.
jimtom
Posted 2015-10-02 11:57 AM (#175268 - in reply to #175260)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
wiliturk - 2015-10-01 9:37 PM

If you want to ride long, the Vision is the way to go. Comfort of the stock seat allows the wife and I to stay in the saddle through tank after tank. We only NEED to stop for gas. We consistently ride 180ish mile legs before getting gas/food/bathroom break. We have done an ironbutt together (her as passneger) over 1,000 miles in 19 hours and some change. I have done several more ironbutts including the extreme Bunburner 1500 Gold (over 1,500 miles in less than 24 hours). Vision is built with ironbutt riders in mind I think. Ask Steve Roland about longer rides on the Vision.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™