You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

CB Radio & Bluetooth headset
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

lstayner
Posted 2015-09-30 10:48 AM (#175247)
Subject: CB Radio & Bluetooth headset

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
I ride with a few Goldwings on occasion and they all use a CB radio for communication between bikes. I am looking for a CB radio that has the capability to hookup directly to my UClear intercom system. I would prefer a handheld CB radio. Anybody had success doing this and if so what are you using?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2015-10-01 11:48 AM (#175257 - in reply to #175247)
Subject: RE: CB Radio & Bluetooth headset

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I just use the factory CB on my Vision and talk to the Harleys and Goldwings in our group, and I don't know how to do what you are wanting with the Bluetooth gadgets.

Try these guys http://www.sierra-mc.com/

Ronnie
DSmith
Posted 2015-10-04 9:44 PM (#175291 - in reply to #175247)
Subject: Re: CB Radio & Bluetooth headset

Cruiser

Bainville, & Mesa, AZ, MT
I have looked extensively for a bluetooth cb, the only one I have heard of is from Sena. According to what I have read and the folks at sierra confirmed is that it will only work with certain handheld cb's and cannot be adapted to any others. You must also use Sena headsets to make it work. I also visited with some representatives of UClear at one of the rallies we attended this year and at that time they had nothing to offer either.

If you want a cb, either get yourself a J&M or try one of the handheld units.
lstayner
Posted 2015-10-05 7:54 AM (#175293 - in reply to #175291)

Tourer

DSmith - 2015-10-04 9:44 PM

I have looked extensively for a bluetooth cb, the only one I have heard of is from Sena. According to what I have read and the folks at sierra confirmed is that it will only work with certain handheld cb's and cannot be adapted to any others. You must also use Sena headsets to make it work. I also visited with some representatives of UClear at one of the rallies we attended this year and at that time they had nothing to offer either.

Thanks for the information. Looks like I will just use hand signals for now. The convenience of the boomless UClear headsets is no worth losing for an occasional CB need.
DSmith
Posted 2015-10-05 10:57 PM (#175307 - in reply to #175293)

Cruiser

lstayner - 2015-10-05 6:54 AM

DSmith - 2015-10-04 9:44 PM

Thanks for the information. Looks like I will just use hand signals for now. The convenience of the boomless UClear headsets is no worth losing for an occasional CB need.

My wife and I have used Scala riders for years and like you we started riding with others that use CB's. I actually have a helmet set up for both and it works quite well, I would think it would work great with the UClear's also, especially since the UClear's are boomless. We are planning on doing the same thing with my wife's helmet as she wants to be a part of the group conversation also. It will also save me from having to repeat everything back to her!
lstayner
Posted 2015-10-06 9:06 AM (#175310 - in reply to #175307)

Tourer

I sent an email to Sierra. I will let you know what they tell me. This shouldn't be that hard to do. It is not like Bluetooth is new technology.
ljurgens
Posted 2015-10-07 3:49 PM (#175317 - in reply to #175247)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

Sena makes a bluetooth adapter called the SR10 that would connect a wired device to your headset, and has an optional wired PTT button: http://www.sena.com/product/sr10/

I used this device to connect a 2-way radio (GRMS) and that worked ok.

Here is an article from a GL1800 rider who is doing the same thing you want to do with the CB:
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?337938-Midland-822-and-Sena-SR10

DSmith
Posted 2015-10-10 6:15 AM (#175340 - in reply to #175317)

Cruiser

ljurgens - 2015-10-07 2:49 PM

Sena makes a bluetooth adapter called the SR10 that would connect a wired device to your headset, and has an optional wired PTT button: http://www.sena.com/product/sr10/

I used this device to connect a 2-way radio (GRMS) and that worked ok.

Here is an article from a GL1800 rider who is doing the same thing you want to do with the CB:
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?337938-Midland-822-and-Sena-SR10

?

That's the same thing I was referring too, however the OP has UClear headsets already and supposedly this setup only works with the Sena headsets. If this setup actually works on a UClear or Scala headset I would like to hear about it.
ljurgens
Posted 2015-10-10 7:51 AM (#175341 - in reply to #175247)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

I had the SR10, used it for 2-way radio. It says it will connect to any headset, not just Sena. There may be limitations but Sena makes really good stuff.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™