You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

cruise control not turning on
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

bikeit02
Posted 2015-10-08 11:19 AM (#175320)
Subject: cruise control not turning on

Puddle Jumper

oskaloosa, IA United States
Last year I pulled my front forks for a seal and oil change and all went fine. I went to put cruise on and no cruise.I checked and every thing is hooked up. I go to the service manual to trouble shoot. cruise control switch diagnostics and I can not get through the first test. press and hold cruise control on and set buttons then turn on ignition switch cruise control indicator should illuminate well the light is not coming on so where do I go from here? help would be much appreciated Dale.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
V92SC
Posted 2015-10-08 3:22 PM (#175326 - in reply to #175320)
Subject: Re: cruise control not turning on

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
Make sure the front brake light switch leads are connected at the brake lever. They sometimes are inadvertently dislodged.
bikeit02
Posted 2015-10-09 10:07 AM (#175330 - in reply to #175320)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the reply my brake lights work when i use the front and rear brakes is there a fuse for the cruise I do not see one that is labeled in the fuse boxes. the red light comes on when i turn on the cruise. I unhooked the two spade connectors on the throttle cable should there be continuity on that switch thanks in advance if you can help with this Dale.
wingit3611
Posted 2015-10-09 10:19 AM (#175332 - in reply to #175320)

Cruiser

I had a pinched wire in my vision fairing that blew a fuse when mine failed to set on, even though the cruise control power lite was on.
bikeit02
Posted 2015-10-09 12:28 PM (#175333 - in reply to #175320)

Puddle Jumper

Was there other electric things on the bike that quit working when this fuse was blown? I have not found any pinched wires
wingit3611
Posted 2015-10-09 2:16 PM (#175335 - in reply to #175320)

Cruiser

No, every thing work. Just the cruise would not set, even though it showed to be turned on.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-10-09 5:30 PM (#175336 - in reply to #175320)

Visionary

I think the horn fuse and cruise are the same left hand block.
Now here's a tricky part.
Pull the seat. Now standing on the left side of bike look between frame and the back of the right saddle bag. Look towards the front of the backside of bag. You will need flash light. There are two (black) colored breakers there. ( kinda behind ) the two little pockets on the inside of the right hand bag.
I'm not sure if there for the cruise or not. I don't have a shop manual to look at. If you can get them out with volt meter you can check if there good.
Or before trying to pull them ask dealer tech if they are
bikeit02
Posted 2015-10-10 10:01 AM (#175342 - in reply to #175320)

Puddle Jumper

Visionary thanks for your input the horn works. The only thing that I can think of that might not be correct is when i went to put the radio back on the bike there where two spade connectors male and female that came out of the same wire lume and I just connected them back together. I marked all of the other wires so they should be correct. I checked all the wires going into the cruise unit. I think I will check what looks to be relays by the saddle bags not sure what they are for.
BumbleDB
Posted 2015-10-10 8:50 PM (#175346 - in reply to #175320)

Cruiser

The big relays attached to the frame behind the front part of the right saddlebag are to make the tail lights DOT legal. They shut off the middle light bulbs when the turn signals are on. I don't think that will be your problem. Download a copy of the 08 manual, it has complete wiring diagrams ( including the CC ) that should help lead you in the right direction.
bikeit02
Posted 2015-10-11 11:07 AM (#175348 - in reply to #175320)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the information I am working this weekend so not much time to work on it. I can not get past the first trouble shoot in the service manual so that is what has me stumped. thanks for this information
bikeit02
Posted 2015-10-14 9:12 PM (#175376 - in reply to #175320)

Puddle Jumper

I found the problem with my cruise control not working. I had a blown fuse in the right hand fuse box in the front of the bike. The fuses are not marked what they are for I think this fuse also controls the heated seat. I wanted to post in case someone else has this problem it could make it an easy fix. Dale.
senior
Posted 2015-10-15 11:18 AM (#175384 - in reply to #175320)

Puddle Jumper

Lum, MI United States
Just as an FYI for future. When the dealer installed my trailer wiring they used cheap wire taps under the seat. After only a 1K miles the cruse started not working on and off and shortly there after when I put on a blinker, they would all flash like the hazard lights were on. After finding the problem in the wiring for the blinker issue it solved the cruse problem. Unknown to me until the blinker issue, when the wires chaffed in half in the wire taps the brake light was also stuck on which told the cruse not to engage like I was applying the brakes. After fixing the wiring connections in the middle of a 5K trip I have never had any more issues.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™