You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2008 Vision Tour Trunk question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

witchbiker
Posted 2015-10-12 8:57 AM (#175351)
Subject: 2008 Vision Tour Trunk question

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States

I've had the trunk off a couple of times, once when I lost the lock clip on the inside(had to separate the outer shell from the inner trunk body), and once attaching the trailer hitch. I presume the pocket is for the CD player/CB, but is there supposed to be a "Seal" or "cover" to block rain(wash water) from coming into the pocket/storage space through the hole behind the passenger seat area? I've never seen anything that should go there in the few times I've had the trunk off, but thought that there should be something to keep the CB/CD player, or whatever else is in the pocket, dry. I keep my owners manual there, along with polishing cloths and my air pump, but the book has gotten wet in the past, having ridden many miles in the rain over the 62K that's on the bike.

Just curious,

witchbiker

Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2015-10-12 9:52 AM (#175352 - in reply to #175351)
Subject: RE: 2008 Vision Tour Trunk question

Visionary

Jasper, MO
The CB/Intercom unit does go into that space. Mine doesn't have any kind of seal at the bottom either. A little water and a fair amount of dirt (I live on a gravel road) finds its way up in there. I also use the leftover space for small items and basic tools. I just put them in ziplock plastic bags and stuff them in around, and on top of the CB. I keep my owners manual in the bottom of a saddlebag, next to a 12 volt air pump. I haven't looked at the manual in years. The air pump has come out for use a few times.

Ronnie
Bashcars
Posted 2015-10-12 5:23 PM (#175354 - in reply to #175351)
Subject: Re: 2008 Vision Tour Trunk question

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
You are not missing anything, nothing blocks that. I have a CB mounted there and never had a problem. Does not look like water has even gotten into there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™