You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

RCP Day Lng Saddle
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

OldGringo
Posted 2015-10-19 3:09 PM (#175414)
Subject: RCP Day Lng Saddle

Cruiser

Republic of Tejas
I've decided to get a Russell Cycle Products Day Long Saddle for my 09 Vision. After filling out pricing forms for the nylon, nylon & leather, and all leather, I'm left wondering if the full leather for the saddle and pillion back rest is worth the price?

What do you guys think? Any first hand experience and comments?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2015-10-19 7:32 PM (#175415 - in reply to #175414)
Subject: RE: RCP Day Lng Saddle

Cruiser

Like you I'm planning on getting a Russell over the winter....and this is just my personal opinion here but the last 2 bikes have had a Day-Long on them. First one was leather...loved it but after a few years on the road (I lived 8 yrs. full time in a pop-up camper I pulled behind my bikes..)the stitching started to pull apart because the bike is out in all kinds of weather. The second bike had a vinyl...or nylon?...and it seemed to me that the nylon weathered a bit better and it got rained/snowed on as much as the leather.

I also tend to lean toward leather myself but I do think that unless you use a LOT of conditioning/water proofing, the leather..or stitching will tend to dry out. I think you'll like the Russell though no matter which you pick.

Edited by beemerdad2@yahoo.com 2015-10-19 7:33 PM
OldGringo
Posted 2015-10-20 12:54 PM (#175417 - in reply to #175414)
Subject: RE: RCP Day Lng Saddle

Cruiser

Republic of Tejas
OldGringo - 2015-10-19 3:09 PM

I've decided to get a Russell Cycle Products Day Long Saddle for my 09 Vision. After filling out pricing forms for the nylon, nylon & leather, and all leather, I'm left wondering if the full leather for the saddle and pillion back rest is worth the price?

What do you guys think? Any first hand experience and comments?

Sorry guys, my brain was thinking VINYL, but my fingers were typing Nylon. Go figure?
Bashcars
Posted 2015-10-21 12:07 PM (#175425 - in reply to #175414)
Subject: Re: RCP Day Lng Saddle

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
When I put a RDL saddle on my ST1300 I got the leather/vinyl combo (leather on seating areas).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™