You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Clock help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

excelboy10
Posted 2007-11-15 8:21 PM (#1889)
Subject: Clock help

Cruiser

Birmingham, AL 08 MC Tour Premium 2012 Bronze Mist
I just picked up my Midnight Cherry Tour Premium today from Freedom Powersports in Kennesaw, GA (just outside ATL) and I love it. I've owned 7 Goldwings (1200, 1500 and 1800's) and most recently 4 HD's (Heritage Softail, Road Glide and Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic). This bike is so refreshing to ride, comfortable, powerful and up to date design.
Now for my request for assistance. The dealer didn't set the clock on my bike so it flashed 12:00 for the entire 138 mile ride home. I broke out the owners manual and read the instructions for setting. Seemed pretty straight forward but I must be doing something wrong.
Has anyone else encountered this. I can get the hour to flash by holding down the Mode switch and then releasing it, but the manual says that once it starts flashing you should be able to tap the mode switch again and advance the clock. It doesn't, it just changes the mode of the display.

Thanks for any input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-11-15 8:50 PM (#1891 - in reply to #1889)
Subject: Re: Clock help

Cruiser

Lexington, North Carolina
Congrats on the new ride and wlecome to the forum. Just like you I had a long ride home and clock flashed 12:00 all the way home. Best I can remember the clock setting was just as you describe. Make sure once you have the hour flashing just tap quickly the mode switch to advance the hour. Make sure the display is showing the mileage when you begin setting the clock.
VisionTex
Posted 2007-11-15 9:11 PM (#1894 - in reply to #1889)
Subject: RE: Clock help

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
It is nice to hear that you got your bike. Obviously you've ridden some really good motorcyles and now have decided to ride Victory. I did that three years ago with a Kingpin Deluxe and enjoy every minute I'm on that bike. Welcome.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-15 10:43 PM (#1902 - in reply to #1889)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Congrats on the new Big Boy Toy (Double BT). Lets see the new pics. Boy if there ever was a guy qualified to give an opinion of style, choice, service and overall best bike, you might be the guy for the job.
JAM if he is interested it might be a good article.

Edited by pollolittle 2007-11-15 10:45 PM
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-16 5:15 AM (#1904 - in reply to #1889)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
congrats on the bike! about time you came over to the winning team! I have been waiting to get into the battle, and rumor control has it, that my prime mover is on a truck somewhere in Oregon. I will continue to check with you men on the front lines, but will stay in reserve until the General calls me to pick up the package. exelboy10, I'm the post crack pot. I lost my marbles when my shipping date was changed back in Aug. been seeking help thru the VA (Victory Assistance) but they haven't been listening. I have to keep my ears open to what you troops are saying to get the scuttlebut on the latest. ROCK AND ROLL HOOCHIE KOOOOOOO
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™