You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Midnight Metallic Cherry Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-16 10:51 PM (#1944)
Subject: Midnight Metallic Cherry Vision

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I saw the Midnight Cherry vision for the first Time. It belonged to Songfan. That is one awesome custom paint job. For all you guys waiting for it. The paint alone would be worth it. The metallic in it is better than the silver and there is no metallic that I can see in the Black. It almost looks like a custom paint job. There hasn't been a picture yet, that I have seen that does the metal flake justice. All I can say is WOW. I am almost envious of the beautiful paint. I love mine. I have a 2004 GMC Dually that is Carbon Metallic that I really like. HD had the same paint and I almost went with it. So, I am resorted to see if I can get the wife to do a custom paint job.
Maybe they should have gave the color a different name.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
WillieByte
Posted 2007-11-17 8:52 AM (#1948 - in reply to #1944)
Subject: Re: Midnight Metallic Cherry Vision

Cruiser

Plainfield Illinois
I have to wait till June or later for mine. The best picture I've found of the Midnight Cherry paint is at....

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycles/victory-vision/

The fifth picture from the top is a view with light coming down from the left with the right side in less light.

I'd be grateful if Songfan could replicate the shot or do it one better.

I'll tell ya wut tho. I ain't gunna be with any starvin' pygmies or give up my pomegranate juice for it either.

Happy Saturday Vision Addicts

Edited by WillieByte 2007-11-17 8:55 AM
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-17 12:21 PM (#1953 - in reply to #1944)
Subject: RE: Midnight Metallic Cherry Vision

Visionary

Memphis

I'm on it!

Grebs_59
Posted 2007-11-17 7:39 PM (#1959 - in reply to #1944)

Cruiser

Twin Cities, MN
I just posted a close up shot of my new Midnight Cherry. I had to drop the resolution to post it. It gives a "some" idea of the metalic depth. It is amazing in the sunlight!
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-11-17 8:11 PM (#1961 - in reply to #1944)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
I picked up my MCPTour this AM and you're right- the paint is amazing!!!!! I'll try to get some good pics tomorrow & post them in the Gallery. Luke
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2007-11-18 8:06 AM (#1968 - in reply to #1944)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
I think the best photo that illustrates the depth of the metallic paint is one of SongFan's:
victory rider
Posted 2007-11-18 10:10 AM (#1969 - in reply to #1948)

Puddle Jumper

Willie if your looking for a black cherry vision Loomis cycle in Merrillville,In has one for sale. Saw it on the showroom floor.
WillieByte
Posted 2007-11-18 11:07 AM (#1972 - in reply to #1944)

Cruiser

Plainfield Illinois
Thanx but I there's a monster feeding on me that demands it's fill before I should buy anything substantial.
Merrillville is further from me than Randy's.
Also, I'm hoping that before June I'll be able to change the order to a custom order so I can add a stage one and more bling to the Vision coming right out of the gate.
I might go over there with a camera though just to have some high resolution pics of Midnight Cherry on my hard drive.

Green Side Up
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-18 11:18 AM (#1973 - in reply to #1944)

Visionary

Memphis

Willie,

I agree with the indoor shot being one of the best of the Cherry paint. That photo is 140k and we are limited to 90k here. The indoor shot has an advantage with multiple light sources. In direct sunlight, the paint only jumps out from one direction, wherever the sun is hitting it. Even a little overcast makes a big difference on the darkness. Will try to overcome the limitations and get a better feel for it but until then imagine a 10 gig photo in 3-D and it might do it justice.

Next photo project will be night shots of the lighting pattern from both the saddle and the road. Will take some planning with a tripod. The HID pattern is truly 180 degrees. It goes straight out to the sides. Makes the normal low beam look light a Maglight. Incredible. Wish I could turn off the low beam just to see the HID by itself.

Newfie
Posted 2007-11-18 11:38 AM (#1974 - in reply to #1968)

Cruiser

Edmonton, AB
JAM - 2007-11-18 6:06 AM

I think the best photo that illustrates the depth of the metallic pain is one of SongFan's:

I agree....I've been using this pic as my desktop background since SongFan added it to the gallery...regularly changing up my desktop background with some of the new pic's you guys are posting helps pass the time till I get my own MCPT....Only 148 days to go.

Edited by Newfie 2007-11-18 12:02 PM
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-18 12:48 PM (#1975 - in reply to #1944)

Visionary

Memphis
The originals of the shots in my gallery are about 3mb each. (Taken with a 10mb Canon Rebel.) Anyone who wants a hi-rez shot can PM me and I will hook you up. I can size them anyway you want.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 4:03 AM (#1990 - in reply to #1944)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
VERY NICE. I'm about out of my skin now!
Do you think we could get a photo of you sitting on the bike, looking down at the consol, with the "flaps" open? I would like to see how that looks. A question on fueling.....can you fuel while saddled? I hope by the time you post the picture I'll be on mine....but who knows?
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-19 6:28 AM (#2001 - in reply to #1944)

Visionary

Memphis
You can fuel while saddled but you still need it on the kickstand.  Guys who have straddled it and left it upright lost about 25% of capacity.  Fuel pump goes on the right side of the bike now because you don't want to drag that hose all the way across the console.  I used to fill up from the left side on my other bikes.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 6:44 AM (#2002 - in reply to #1944)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Roger, so if it isn't leaning to the left, it's not going to fill to full capacity? Do you continue to fill and upright the bike to get the last 1/2 gallon in?
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-19 7:37 AM (#2007 - in reply to #1944)

Visionary

Memphis
Leave it leaned to the left and top it off.  No need to put it upright to top off.  Part of the magical engineering.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-19 8:07 AM (#2011 - in reply to #1944)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
those wonderful guys thought of everything, except for.....ah, i'll let it go, im to near shift change.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-19 9:26 AM (#2019 - in reply to #1944)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Nah! Songfan, if you can catch the look of the front fender without sun glare up close. I think that showed it's sparkle and depth. That should post pretty good.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-21 9:06 AM (#2154 - in reply to #1944)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
pollolittle, isn't yours black? does it have the sparklies? That would be cool. I haven't seen anything black with depth. I mean that in a Christian way.
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-21 11:41 AM (#2163 - in reply to #1944)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Yes Black, no sparklies, or it would have cost 500 more. When all shined up it does have a deep gloss to it. That makes it look like black glass. Very reflective and dark. COOOL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™