You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Ness Twin Sucker & Lloydz Intake Plate Combo?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Lotzafun
Posted 2008-10-20 6:36 PM (#21209)
Subject: Ness Twin Sucker & Lloydz Intake Plate Combo?

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

Ok...after some preliminary research it appears that Lloydz doesn't offer an air intake system. However they have the Intake Plate setup. And Arlen Ness has the Twin Sucker system. My questions are...

Can the Twin Sucker setup be combined with the Lloydz Intake Plate?

And if they can be combined would they "compliment" each other to produce more h.p.? Or would one negate the other and possibly result in lower overall h.p. than if either was used seperately from each other?

I know the engine is an air pump and more air equals more performance. But is it possible to introduce to much air into the 106?

How bad is the labor to install these two parts? Could some dyno runs be ran? Meaning run a dyno with just the Twin Sucker and then another with just the Lloydz Intake Plate and then another with the two units combined? Or is the labor to switch everything in between runs to time consuming to make this feasible? I know...this is assuming they can even be used together.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ness_fan
Posted 2008-10-20 6:56 PM (#21210 - in reply to #21209)
Subject: Re: Ness Twin Sucker & Lloydz Intake Plate Combo?

Cruiser

US
very good questions hopefully someone can answer. I definitely want the mufflers 1atom12 had done, they sound great.
Robert
Teach
Posted 2008-10-20 10:21 PM (#21232 - in reply to #21209)

Visionary

Send an email to Lloyds and they'll let you know.
dwhite28
Posted 2008-10-20 11:15 PM (#21236 - in reply to #21209)

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States
Why dont you just buy the twin sucker front and the twin sucker top filter from ness if you want to combine the two?
In fact Ness offers the Twin-sucker performance kit which is both filters for one price.
Lloyd
Posted 2008-10-21 8:47 AM (#21255 - in reply to #21209)
Subject: RE: Ness Twin Sucker & Lloydz Intake Plate Combo?

Cruiser

We don't currently sell the front filter because the use of the intake plate flows enough air that the stock front filter can still be retained without a flow restriction. Our intake plate can be combined with other front filters and will work fine. At the power levels these bikes are currently at 83-90hp it's not really necessary to have to run a good front filter with an intake plate (ours anyway). I'm positive that by spring it will be necessary to run both for most people.

"But is it possible to introduce to much air into the 106?"

No, the motor will only intake what it needs and maximum cylinder fill 90+ % can only be obtained by pressure (Turbo-Blower) or high performance work and higher RPM's. The current cylinder fill of these motors would be equal to that of an 90 Cu. Inch motor based off of 85% V.E. The filling of these motors is probabley around the 83-86 % range. Even though the motor is of 106 cubic inches, it only intakes 90 cubic inches of volume or 45 cubic inches per cylinder of fill. Those numbers are probabley slightly high. So too much airflow ability isn't necessary because we're only filling 85% of the cylinder max at peak efficiency. What's all that mean? I don't know.

Lloyd
ness_fan
Posted 2008-10-24 8:14 PM (#21524 - in reply to #21209)

Cruiser

US
Lloyd does the intake mount go on the back of the frame? or underneath where the throttle body is?
Robert
BarryBennett
Posted 2008-11-01 2:40 PM (#22237 - in reply to #21524)

Cruiser

Columbia,MO
The Lloyds Intake Plate replaces a solid plate on the top of the frame. It is under the console where the radio controls and ignition are located. The Ness Twin Sucker(the half that does not look like the front filter) goes in the exact same place as the Lloyds Intake Plate. It also replaces the solid stock factory plate. I installed the Lloyds Intake myself. It made a noticiable increase in response and power. Hope this helps.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-21 9:51 AM (#32749 - in reply to #22237)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
whats involved with installing one of these Lloyds intake plate. and is there more than one air filter on these bikes if this intake doesnt mount to the front of the bike..
VisionTex
Posted 2009-04-21 12:02 PM (#32774 - in reply to #32749)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
The Lloyds plate is easy to install as described in the previous post. It does not have anything to do with the the bikes air filter, it is an added air filtered inlet to the motor. So as you just installed a stage 1 kit that included a high performance air filter in the that kit. The Lloyds plate has nothing to do with that filter.
Member No. 1
Posted 2009-04-21 12:35 PM (#32778 - in reply to #32774)

Cruiser

Under the Rule of Jedi - Masshole
Question...
Since you have opened up a new air intake under the dash, how is the intake noise?
I know on my Hammer after installing a PMRT air cleaner it was noticeable louder. But with the pipes on that bike being loud in themselves, it was livable. I'm just worried about noise since this bike is so quiet. I do have the S1L1 pipes, but it's still quiet.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-21 3:57 PM (#32800 - in reply to #21209)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
since you are opening up a new place for air to go.. is it filtered air? and if so is it a cleanable air filter? what kind of intervals are for cleaning or replacing that filter?
stumpy
Posted 2009-04-21 4:52 PM (#32807 - in reply to #21209)

Cruiser

Cabot Arkansas
I just installed this system on my bike and love it. As far as service I was told by lloyd to service it at around 20K give or take for the riding conditions that you have, just wash it out and reinstall. Yes there is some noise at idle but at cruise you will never hear it. The added HP is great also advise installing the programmer for a complete package
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-04-21 6:00 PM (#32811 - in reply to #21209)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
see i just spent about $500 bills on the S1L1, i wouldnt mind getting the intake plate. but not if getting the intake plate involved spending close to $300 to get it to work right. fuel controller. i really dont want a fuel controller at all. im looking for hassle free.
VisionTex
Posted 2009-04-21 10:12 PM (#32853 - in reply to #32811)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
The best thing you can do is send an e-mail to Lloyd and he will answer all of your questions about the intake plate and what it is worth to you.
Chico7z
Posted 2009-04-21 10:19 PM (#32855 - in reply to #32778)

Cruiser

Barrington, NH
Member No. 1 - 2009-04-21 12:35 PM

Question...
Since you have opened up a new air intake under the dash, how is the intake noise?
I know on my Hammer after installing a PMRT air cleaner it was noticeable louder. But with the pipes on that bike being loud in themselves, it was livable. I'm just worried about noise since this bike is so quiet. I do have the S1L1 pipes, but it's still quiet.

Where is mass are you? I am in rochester nh and we(www.rochestersportscenter.com) have two visons with the lloyds intake plate in them, one with s1l1 and one stock. At idle you can hear it and taking off from stop lights as well but I actually like how its sounds and my dad doesnt mind his either. Come take one for a test ride if you want.
Member No. 1
Posted 2009-04-22 5:30 AM (#32866 - in reply to #32855)

Cruiser

Under the Rule of Jedi - Masshole
Chico, I'm down by Providence RI. Thanks for the offer, but I'll see if anyone around these parts has one.
Ploz58
Posted 2014-04-24 3:35 AM (#155575 - in reply to #32800)

Cruiser

Central Victoria, Australia
this is an old thread, i have had the Ness set up for two years, and I would like to know if the Ness Units are cleanable/reuseable?
Has anyone done this succesfully,
Thanks in advance
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™