You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Any new Vision riders
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Glen OS
Posted 2016-01-02 6:49 PM (#177110 - in reply to #177049)
Subject: RE: Any new Vision riders

New user

I got my 14 Vision in July. I had been keeping an eye on this one as soon as it landed in the dealership last year. I traded my 07 KingPin in, right after spending well over $1k on maintenance and tires. The rear tire literally had only 200 miles on it. Loved the KP, bought it in Feb 11 with only 2500 miles on it, traded it in with 66k miles.
My son almost ruined my car, so needed a new car but wanted a new bike. Get a new car, then no new bike anytime soon and want to kill son. So I bought the Vision. Rode out of the dealership with 44 miles on it, Monday 13 July. Did the 500 mile service on Wed and rode to NJ on Thursday. Has 6500+ miles on it now.
I have been very impressed with both bikes. Loved the KP. Test rode a CCT and not impressed. Rode a Vision and instantly knew that I would get into trouble on it.
End of 2010, we decided to get a bike. Went into a used bike dealership to purchase a GoldWing only to find out that I was too broken and not able to bend to fit on one. The KingPin was the first bike to fit on, but knew little about Victorys. I liked the reviews, but wasn't sure about spending 10K on a bike. Went 30 years without one, not sure if I could do a lot of riding with my body as broken as it is. So sat on over 100 bikes but kept coming back to the KingPin.
The Vision is a 900 lb sportbike that tours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
j.wales
Posted 2016-01-02 9:10 PM (#177113 - in reply to #177049)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
Sorry that I haven't posted much. Been out riding my Vision. We rode down to The Possum Drop on n New Year's Eve in Brasstown, NC. We were the ONLY motorcycle in attendance. It's a great machine. I do not regret trading two Triumphs in on it. I bought a rack and hitch set up from D Wray, love that too.
varyder
Posted 2016-01-04 8:04 AM (#177123 - in reply to #177049)
Subject: Re: Any new Vision riders

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I like the responses to this thread. I've been riding again this hitch for 10 years now after a 17 year hiatus. I never really thought that I would buy another bike, but I will say it is one of the most single best choices I have made. I've had 10 great years of riding, but this is the first year I might fall into decline as by body refuses to cooperate properly in the colder weather. I'm making consciences decisions not to ride in lower tempatures, whereas in the past, ice was my only serious consideration not to ride.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2016-01-04 9:26 AM (#177124 - in reply to #177049)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Thanks to unseasonably warm weather, I was able to get out for a nice run (100mi) on Christmas Eve and again on Jan 2nd which is unheard of for the Boston area. Still get a lot of "What is that thing?" stares from other bikers. Whenever I think about trying some other bikes (Victory or not), I take a putt on my '03 Victory Cruiser. I love it but it quickly illustrates how the Vision excels in every aspect of riding. I'll keep them both.

(jeff_2bikes.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments jeff_2bikes.jpg (109KB - 1 downloads)
wild scot
Posted 2016-01-12 7:10 PM (#177213 - in reply to #177049)

New user

I just bought a 2008 vision at the beginning of winter just been around the block a few times cant wait for spring to get her out on the road, so cant say anything good or bad just got ton wait and see.

rainryder II
Posted 2016-01-13 12:53 PM (#177217 - in reply to #177049)

Cruiser

Jedi:
Love the 8-Ball! Any idea how many of that model were made? I know of three now...I'd post a pic but 1.) I don't know how, and 2.) It looks the same!
No riding up here in the Great Northwet for awhile...not without floatation tires anyway!

I am not afraid to ride in the rain, just scared of dirty motorsickles

Edited by rainryder II 2016-01-13 12:55 PM
jamesrobert
Posted 2016-01-14 11:00 AM (#177221 - in reply to #177049)

Puddle Jumper

Redwood Falls , MN United States
My new Vision is getting dropped off at my house next week, to bad it will be so cold!!
j.wales
Posted 2016-01-14 7:30 PM (#177224 - in reply to #177049)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
We get intermittent warm days here around Asheville and Maggie. More curves and a lot less tourists riding now. The leaves are long gone and visibility is good. Unfortunately, it's cold rain for a day or two.

(1114151342~2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1114151342~2.jpg (87KB - 0 downloads)
j.wales
Posted 2016-01-14 7:35 PM (#177225 - in reply to #177049)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
Nice Jedi Jeff
ljurgens
Posted 2016-01-17 10:37 AM (#177255 - in reply to #177049)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
My journey started when I wanted to get a scooter for a short 9 mile commute to work. Found a scooter at the HD dealer and not only would he not budge on the price but wanted a "dock" fee! So, my father-in-law gave me his VStar 650 due to him not riding anymore. Rode that for a year and then found a beautiful 2008 Kingpin. A coworker had an 07 KP and I loved the look and feel. Rode it and loved it for 2 years, and then went on a long day ride with my wife and she did not like the Pillion. She said we should probably get a bike with a better back seat (Her dad had road goldwing for many many years and she knew how comfy that was).

So, I had ridden a Vision and liked it. I wasn't sure about the handlebar ergonomics but decided I wanted one. Did some searching and found a new in the box 2013 in Kalamazoo Michigan, a 900 mile round trip from my Wisconsin home. Did some email and phone negotiation over trade value etc and then did the deal for $15k minus my trade, for my brand spanking new 2013 Vision Tour.

Love this bike, and my wife loves this bike too.
I especially love that this bike is different than every other bike I ride with.
I like that I could get a Bluetooth transmitter all setup so I can hear and control my tunes from the bike in my Sena headset.
I love that it does not leak oil on my garage floor, and I do not need a mat under it ;-)
I love that I can change my oil in 15 minutes without getting dirty!
I love that with a stock bike, I can roll on and cruise past my harley buddies on their smaller lighter bikes!
I love that I can almost keep up with my buddy who rides an ST1300, almost because he is a much more seasoned rider ;-)
I love that I can putter out of the driveway in the early morning and not wake up my neighbors.

Can't wait to get down to the Vic Shop this summer to get the PCV, top filter and Dyno to really wake this beast up.
rdbudd
Posted 2016-01-18 10:55 AM (#177268 - in reply to #177255)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
ljurgens - 2016-01-17 10:37 AM

(Her dad had road goldwing for many many years and she knew how comfy that was).

Can't wait to get down to the Vic Shop this summer to get the PCV, top filter and Dyno to really wake this beast up.

You might want to talk to Rylan this Winter, and possibly start saving your pennies now.

Not only do you have a bike even more comfy than a Goldwing now, and the PCV, top filter, and Dyno will show a modest improvement in power, adding VM1 cams and a rev-extension to them will give you power exceeding that of the 1800 Goldwing to boot.

The stock cams are done accelerating your bike after about 4500 RPM, no matter what else you have done.
The VM1 cams feel about the same as the stock cams up to about 4500 RPM, BUT they keep pulling hard all the way past 6000 RPM. My bike actually feels like it "wakes up" when it hits 4500 RPM and really starts to pull hard. To get all they offer, you need to raise your rev-limiter. It is a bigger gain that what the numbers look like on a Dyno sheet. You get another 1500 RPM of strong, usable power. That is a significant gain.

If you never go past 4500 RPM, you don't need them. If you ever want to show a Goldwing who is boss, get the cams and rev-extension.

Personally, I hardly ever rev much over 4000 RPM MOST of the time, even though I have the cams, but let me tell you, when I do it puts a HUGE grin on my face. The Goldwings who have tried can't keep up.

I have a stock sounding, stock appearing Vision. Stock exhaust, stock front filter, cams, top filter, VFCIII, and Lloydz reprogrammed ECU. More power, all the way from bottom to top than a GL1800. Better fuel economy too.

Discuss this with Rylan.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2016-01-18 11:01 AM
ljurgens
Posted 2016-01-19 12:59 PM (#177281 - in reply to #177049)

Tourer

I will Ronnie, but as you said I rarely go over 4k RPM (but would love that power when I do). It comes down to $ spent on toys and I have a graduate this spring so they will be scarce ;-)
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2016-01-20 6:22 AM (#177290 - in reply to #177217)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
rainryder, No clue on how many 8ball Vision were produced. I went with the 8Ball because of the painted front forks & calipers and the contrast cut wheels. I added heated grips,motorized windshield, lower wind deflectors, and radio. I guess it's now a 9 Ball!

Visions are still selling, albeit slower than the X-platform bikes, and are still considered the best handling Victory tourer.
Oldman47
Posted 2016-01-21 3:31 PM (#177307 - in reply to #177049)

Tourer

Central Illinois
VARider, I am not at all tired of my '13 Vision but this site is very slow. I seldom come here only because there is really nothing new to see here. One of the other sites is far more active and has a dedicated Vision section so I spend more time there. This place only really excels at DIY threads as far as I can tell.
varyder
Posted 2016-01-21 4:05 PM (#177309 - in reply to #177049)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
this is my final site that I even check, and there was only one other that I did check but cut my loses. I guess everything is for a time. I've not rode for two weeks due to knee surgery, but I hope that will change in another week or so, serious DTs. I just remember how all of us originals would rattle away about how excited we were on our Visions and the rides we took. I figured if someone got a new one today it would have the same excitement. Everybody blames stuff on fb, but even fb has minimal discussions, at least for me.
varyder
Posted 2016-01-21 4:07 PM (#177310 - in reply to #177110)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Glen OS - 2016-01-02 7:49 PM I got my 14 Vision in July. I had been keeping an eye on this one as soon as it landed in the dealership last year. I traded my 07 KingPin in, right after spending well over $1k on maintenance and tires. The rear tire literally had only 200 miles on it. Loved the KP, bought it in Feb 11 with only 2500 miles on it, traded it in with 66k miles. My son almost ruined my car, so needed a new car but wanted a new bike. Get a new car, then no new bike anytime soon and want to kill son. So I bought the Vision. Rode out of the dealership with 44 miles on it, Monday 13 July. Did the 500 mile service on Wed and rode to NJ on Thursday. Has 6500+ miles on it now. I have been very impressed with both bikes. Loved the KP. Test rode a CCT and not impressed. Rode a Vision and instantly knew that I would get into trouble on it. End of 2010, we decided to get a bike. Went into a used bike dealership to purchase a GoldWing only to find out that I was too broken and not able to bend to fit on one. The KingPin was the first bike to fit on, but knew little about Victorys. I liked the reviews, but wasn't sure about spending 10K on a bike. Went 30 years without one, not sure if I could do a lot of riding with my body as broken as it is. So sat on over 100 bikes but kept coming back to the KingPin. The Vision is a 900 lb sportbike that tours.

Welcome aboard the starship Visin. Great bike that never gets old to ride.

jimtom
Posted 2016-01-22 5:21 AM (#177314 - in reply to #177307)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
Oldman47 - 2016-01-21 3:31 PM

VARider, I am not at all tired of my '13 Vision but this site is very slow. I seldom come here only because there is really nothing new to see here. One of the other sites is far more active and has a dedicated Vision section so I spend more time there. This place only really excels at DIY threads as far as I can tell.

I come here and the VMC everyday and there is almost never any fresh discussion on either site for any of the Victory models. Only time there is activity is around model release.
ljurgens
Posted 2016-01-22 10:29 AM (#177319 - in reply to #177049)

Tourer

Jimtom, I'm the same way with this site and the VOG, I don't go to the VMC any more because I don't like the software there. The 2 facebook Vision groups are fairly active, but they are so similar as most people post in both. Why they can't combine those two groups is beyond me.

Edited by ljurgens 2016-01-22 10:29 AM
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2016-01-22 3:28 PM (#177322 - in reply to #177049)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
IMO the lack of forum activity indicates that Victory Visions are pretty reliable so there's nothing new to talk about. The bike hasn't really changed in 8 years and most mods have already been posted. No one is griping. Of course, we can always update the oil topic. I find the same issue with the Yamaha FJR forum too. Even less activity over there except with the new 2016 model with a '6th' gear finally.

Edited by YENRABSRIDE 2016-01-22 3:32 PM
rainryder II
Posted 2016-01-24 1:58 PM (#177339 - in reply to #177049)

Cruiser

1/24/16: Looks like I'm gonna miss the AFC Championship game today at least, if not the NFC also, BECAUSE THE SUN CAME OUT IN THE SEATTLE-TACOMA AREA!!! Looks like we finally quit sending rain and snowstorms to the rest of the country for a day or two anyway, and my '10 8-Ball as been sitting so patiently, if forlornly, for way too long. SEEYA!! :0>
jimtom
Posted 2016-01-25 5:14 AM (#177415 - in reply to #177339)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
rainryder II - 2016-01-24 1:58 PM

1/24/16: Looks like I'm gonna miss the AFC Championship game today at least, if not the NFC also, BECAUSE THE SUN CAME OUT IN THE SEATTLE-TACOMA AREA!!! Looks like we finally quit sending rain and snowstorms to the rest of the country for a day or two anyway, and my '10 8-Ball as been sitting so patiently, if forlornly, for way too long. SEEYA!! :0>

That's the spirit!
rainryder II
Posted 2016-01-27 1:03 PM (#177448 - in reply to #177049)

Cruiser

Thanks for the input Jedi! I couldn't find any info on the web either. Maybe they only made a dozen 8-Balls or so...
mshafer
Posted 2016-01-27 1:38 PM (#177449 - in reply to #177049)

New user

Just purchased a 2011 Vision...going to pick it up Saturday...I CAN'T WAIT!!
varyder
Posted 2016-01-27 2:55 PM (#177452 - in reply to #177049)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
excellent, Mike, welcome aboard Vision-Riders and the Vision!
Rowebote
Posted 2016-01-27 3:22 PM (#177453 - in reply to #177049)

Cruiser

Eagan, MN United States
Congrats on the new ride Mike! Hopefully you live somewhere you can enjoy it this time of year.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™