You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

What do you have planned for your winter updates?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

ljurgens
Posted 2016-01-17 10:48 AM (#177256)
Subject: What do you have planned for your winter updates?

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

For all of you northern riders who can't get out and ride this winter. What do you have planned or have you done to your Vision this off season?

For me: I will be adding a set of Centramatics balancers, a set of cam tensioner covers, a 1/4 turn throttle ring and I think I might build a set of sequencing tail light harnesses too. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-01-17 6:36 PM (#177260 - in reply to #177256)
Subject: Re: What do you have planned for your winter updates?

Visionary

if you do sequential turn signals. I would love the information. I want them but don't don't have the $250 bucks
Rowebote
Posted 2016-01-18 9:19 AM (#177264 - in reply to #177256)

Cruiser

Eagan, MN United States
I was going to redo the trunk brake lights. I followed your post in the tech section and bought the same lights you suggested. They work well but I saw a set of the Custom Dynamics Stingerz and they were brighter. So I'm going to swap those out and add a better connector for when I take off the trunk. I was also thinking of adding in 6 or 7 individual lights around the mirror to add a turn signal there. The lights I added behind the mirror don't seem to do a lot during the day so I want to try something different. What I'm thinking would require drilling so if I do it I had best like it! Other than that I don't know. I think I've done most everything I want to it. I'd like to get the rear led lights or radiantz/mbw but that is out of my price range or desire to diy. If it wasn't so cold I might get around to painting the metal lowers I got from CycleOps but that is going to have to wait until there isn't a negative sign preceding the temperature. Stay warm!

ljurgens
Posted 2016-01-18 9:37 AM (#177265 - in reply to #177264)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

I was thinking of doing the stingerz too, due to the brightness. I think a simple split into two halves would work nice so they are all on when braking and 1/2 on when blinking would be really nice. Let me know what connector you figure out, I too want to make that an easier unplug when removing the trunk.  And I need to add in a trailer harness at the same time.

Definately let me know on how you do the LEDs around your mirror or fairing. I too think the behind the mirror lights just aren't good during the day, but they are great at night!

I bought a set of LED arrows that I though I would be able to put on the back of the mirrors but i don't want to attempt them and ruin my stock mirrors so I've left them sit on the bench ;-)

Edited by ljurgens 2016-01-18 9:38 AM
nailer
Posted 2016-01-18 9:58 AM (#177266 - in reply to #177265)

Tourer

Albuquerque, NM
Installed the 1/4 turn throttle ring a couple of weeks ago. Working on sequencing LED front turn signals.

(IMG_20160118_085817.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20160118_085817.jpg (96KB - 1 downloads)
Rowebote
Posted 2016-01-18 10:10 AM (#177267 - in reply to #177256)

Cruiser

Eagan, MN United States
I was going to follow the same sort of setup with the trunk brake/turn lights. A red 30 light set for the brake and 2 orange 30 lights for each sides turn signal. I bought some 2 and 4 pin connectors off Amazon that look like they will do the job well (linked below). I think my splice into the harness is where the weak link will be anyway. I used Posi-taps and they work easy but aren't water tight and don't lend themself well to heat shrink due to their size.

For the lights I am thinking of buying individual Stingerz and drilling holes around the mirror to place them. I'm not sure how many or how bright they will be so when I order the brake lights I am going to buy one to get a better idea. In my head I'm thinking of placing one in the top outside corner with 3 other along the top and 2 going down the side so it sort of looks like an arrow pointing. But I need to see if that is too many, not enough and how bright the inidvidual stingerz are. I think wiring may create a little of a rat's nest at first but should be easy to wire in. I also need to take apart the instrument panel and see if there is enough room to do what I'm thinking.

Oh, the other thing I'm going to do is mount my garmin 660 and wire that in. Figure that should be pretty straight forward tho.
4pin
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PP7T0Q8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref...
2 pin
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VZO35QG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref...
j.wales
Posted 2016-01-18 6:32 PM (#177274 - in reply to #177256)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
I'm installing Witch Doctors running board signals for better side visibility for when it does warm up here in Dixie and all the tourists come back in for spring. We ride the Dragon BEFORE EASTER and there is usually snow up on the Cherohala. After that we hit or own personal favorite back roads. Still need better lights, I'm liking the Radiantz LED programmable tail lights a lot, pain to install and $409 is a bit pricey. I did see a video mod somewhere and you clip two wires under the seat and you get 4 lamps burning instead of two on the tail lights. May try that too.

Edited by j.wales 2016-01-18 6:39 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™