You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Awwwww, crap
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

j.wales
Posted 2016-02-04 8:01 PM (#178616)
Subject: Awwwww, crap

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
My will power was tested today. I happened to be working within a half mile of my Victory/Indian dealership today. Went at lunch to say hey y'all. That's when they started talking trading my Vision in on a 2015 Red Chieftan. I just like the styling of my Vision better. They're working up numbers for their proposal. I'm on the fence, but teetering back toward my black Viz and trying not to look at that chromed out 111 Thunder Stroke. Woe is me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-02-04 9:23 PM (#178619 - in reply to #178616)
Subject: Re: Awwwww, crap

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Is that a frame mounted fairing on the Indian?
RedRider
Posted 2016-02-05 4:58 AM (#178626 - in reply to #178616)

Visionary

I was ready to buy a new Roadmaster at Indian of Sturgis this past rally. I was talking to the guy in charge of sales. We talked a little and then I said I have a question I could not find on the Indian website. Does it have or is reverse available? He said no and I said we are done. I have a 28" inseam.
Indian of Sturgis is a great dealership with really nice people working there.

Later when we were at the Buffalo Chip I ran into several guys that I highly respect their advice. They all told me that everyone that switched from a Vision to a Roadmaster was disappointed. The RM is a really nice bike but it's like a Buick compared to a Cadillac. I was told a new redesigned Vision was coming out. I have started saving and recommend you wait and see what Victory has in store. No I do not know which year the new Vision comes out. Just gives me more time to get 100k on Anny.
j.wales
Posted 2016-02-05 5:10 AM (#178627 - in reply to #178616)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
It would take the deal of the century to get me to switch at this point. I prefer the look of the 106 without pushrod tubes. Since I have installed the D Wray trailer hitch and rack and I have a brand new never used trailer to pull behind the Vision the saddle bags make no diff anyway.
j.wales
Posted 2016-02-05 5:12 AM (#178628 - in reply to #178616)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
No, it's not a frame mounted fairing and the lowers aren't built in, they're add on and look too much like a Milwaukee bike. Ok, ok..........stick with the Vision.

Edited by j.wales 2016-02-05 5:14 AM
jimtom
Posted 2016-02-05 9:32 AM (#178631 - in reply to #178627)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
j.wales - 2016-02-05 5:10 AM

It would take the deal of the century to get me to switch at this point. I prefer the look of the 106 without pushrod tubes. Since I have installed the D Wray trailer hitch and rack and I have a brand new never used trailer to pull behind the Vision the saddle bags make no diff anyway.

I have the BigD hitch too. I also was considering the RM and everyone says the Vision is the better traveler. I know a guy that owns both. He says while the RM is close, the Vision is still the greatest long distance traveler.
huts'putt
Posted 2016-02-05 1:29 PM (#178632 - in reply to #178631)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
I have to disagree about the Roadmaster comment. I traded my '13 Vision for a '16 Roadmaster, and found that the ride was quite the difference. The Roadmaster seemed to float over the bumps whereas my Vision took them harder, and yes, the shock was at the right pressure as well as the tires. Also, the wife enjoys the ride more on the Indian as compared to the Vision. On the Vision, she was always sliding forward in the seat, which was somewhat annoying to her. My feelings are somewhat like coming off a Corvette and getting on a Cadillac. My only concern is that the drivers seat is a little wider than what was on the Vision. Both are great bikes, and I love them both. Will I get another Vision, probably, but for now, I'm more than happy with the Roadmaster.
jimtom
Posted 2016-02-05 2:16 PM (#178634 - in reply to #178632)

Visionary

The RM demo was very comfortable for me. My RM/Vision owner friend has 2 visions and a RM and said it just isn't as good a long distance ride as the Vision.
j.wales
Posted 2016-02-05 3:14 PM (#178635 - in reply to #178616)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
I run up to Arlington sometimes twice a year from Western North Carolina. My old Rocket III was a beast and bearable on longer hauls but the Vision is the best for these 60 year old cheeks. Just ain't ready to switch again. It's like looking at a young hooker under a lamp post across the street, I crossed the street to look a little closer but that was all. I'll stick with my queen of the night, and Sundown is her name.

Edited by j.wales 2016-02-05 3:19 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-02-05 5:32 PM (#178639 - in reply to #178616)

Visionary

Indian so but ugly to me. I have to believe a chrome motor gives off more heat
jimtom
Posted 2016-02-06 5:02 AM (#178643 - in reply to #178635)

Visionary

j.wales - 2016-02-05 3:14 PM

I run up to Arlington sometimes twice a year from Western North Carolina. My old Rocket III was a beast and bearable on longer hauls but the Vision is the best for these 60 year old cheeks. Just ain't ready to switch again. It's like looking at a young hooker under a lamp post across the street, I crossed the street to look a little closer but that was all. I'll stick with my queen of the night, and Sundown is her name.

The Hooker comment is priceless! LOL!
jimtom
Posted 2016-02-06 5:03 AM (#178644 - in reply to #178639)

Visionary

johnnyvision - 2016-02-05 5:32 PM

Indian so but ugly to me. I have to believe a chrome motor gives off more heat

The TS111 is my favorite thing about the RM. Owners do report extreme heat. They appreciate it February though
huts'putt
Posted 2016-02-06 11:23 AM (#178651 - in reply to #178616)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
jimtom, I will admit, that at about 250-300 miles, my butt was a little sore, but, the Roadmaster seat is all leather, and may not be broken in yet. Like I said before, the RM seat is a little wider than the Visions seat, and will take a while to adjust to. I got the RM in August, and put just a shade under 3000 miles on it before bad weather hit. The heat off the motor isn't that bad, almost, if not just a little more than the Vision. You will notice it more on your right leg as Indian put a air scoop in the air cleaner that directs the flow of air onto the rear head, thus directing the air flow past the head and onto you leg. The more I rode it, the more I was able to adjust the vents in the lowers to get more clean air on my legs. Sure, I miss the Vision, but I really do enjoy the RM just as much as I did the Vision. Both are great bikes, and thank goodness we have two fantastic bikes to choose from.
Pops
Posted 2016-02-06 4:15 PM (#178652 - in reply to #178616)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
I have to make a comment here. The Vision does have a tight somewhat firm suspension. That's one of the reasons I purchased it. With me, I do a lot of mountain riding. A bike with softer suspension soon gets worn-in and a bit sloppy trashing it through the twisties. That good handling firmer suspension does make for a slight bumpier ride on the long flat runs, but I feel it's worth the trade off.

The Vision is the best two-up bike for the twisties that I've ever ridden. The firm suspension is a real plus for me.
jimtom
Posted 2016-02-06 8:04 PM (#178657 - in reply to #178651)

Visionary

huts'putt - 2016-02-06 11:23 AM

jimtom, I will admit, that at about 250-300 miles, my butt was a little sore, but, the Roadmaster seat is all leather, and may not be broken in yet. Like I said before, the RM seat is a little wider than the Visions seat, and will take a while to adjust to. I got the RM in August, and put just a shade under 3000 miles on it before bad weather hit. The heat off the motor isn't that bad, almost, if not just a little more than the Vision. You will notice it more on your right leg as Indian put a air scoop in the air cleaner that directs the flow of air onto the rear head, thus directing the air flow past the head and onto you leg. The more I rode it, the more I was able to adjust the vents in the lowers to get more clean air on my legs. Sure, I miss the Vision, but I really do enjoy the RM just as much as I did the Vision. Both are great bikes, and thank goodness we have two fantastic bikes to choose from.

Amen! I still believe the RM is a great bike, just can't afford it.
donetracey
Posted 2016-02-07 1:28 AM (#178659 - in reply to #178616)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Y'all have convinced me to STAY with my SPCSHP - gonna be my last? bike. Maybe even make a TRIKE out of it when I get old. But at 72, I LOVE MY VISION !!!
varyder
Posted 2016-02-07 4:48 AM (#178661 - in reply to #178616)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
The Vision is the better riding bike, and it's comparison, as with anything, is subjective. The Indian is a beautifully styled bike and I do love the leather seat aspect. Leather always to be treated and broken in to bring out the best. It truly is unfair to compare the two bikes, RoadMaster and the Vision. You are better to compare an RM to a Harley UC, then you will see that the Indian come out on top. You buy the Vision for the way sit and ride, being a little stiff is fine. Remember this, the Indian is built on the same type of framing as the Vision, just a little more refined. The Vision has aerodynamics that makes it's handling superior. Again, this is subjective, the beauty is the eye of the butt-holder.
huts'putt
Posted 2016-02-07 12:29 PM (#178666 - in reply to #178661)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
Let me ask this question, how many have actually rode a new Indian? I've ridden both, and loved the ride on both of them. But, for me and the wife, the Indian is the more comfortable ride. And it actually suits my riding style better. I've had sport bikes in the past and they just didn't do anything for me, guess I'm more the cruiser type rider. When I ride, I don't have to push the limits of the bike to enjoy it. Love enjoying the scenery when riding, and both the Vision and now the Roadmaster both fit the bill for me and the wife. You see, I enjoy taking the wife with me, and if she's not comfortable, neither am I, and the RM fills that need better than the Vision did. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have a street Vision for the times when I feel like a rebel (lol), and just hop on and go. Maybe in a couple of years I'll get another Vision just for the purpose I just stated. Everyone on this site, with the new riding season coming, be safe, enjoy your bikes, and live to ride another day!
jc0808
Posted 2016-02-07 12:39 PM (#178667 - in reply to #178616)

Puddle Jumper

VA Beach
I have a 2009 Vision and an Indian Chieftain. It is hard to compare the two bikes, both have their unique personality. The VV is massive with a lot of wind protection, reliable engine that really comes out with a few modifications. The indian is more refined, modern and very nimble. The 111 thunderstroke is an awesome engine with a lot of low end grunt. I sold my high mileage 2007 Goldwing to acquire a low mileage Vision and I do not miss the Wing. Although I love the Indian Chieftain, if I had to keep only one bike, I would keep the Vision. My choice may be different if I had the Roadmaster. Bangs for the bucks $$, the Vision wins.
varyder
Posted 2016-02-07 1:11 PM (#178668 - in reply to #178616)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I rode the 2014 Vintage. I thought for a moment I was ready to go Indian. The 300 miles home on the Vision convinced me to take my time.
j.wales
Posted 2016-02-07 1:13 PM (#178669 - in reply to #178616)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
I live near Maggie and the Dragon even though I rarely ride to either of them( sometimes I go to Deals Gap to watch the bike nerds aka posers and trailered clean machines) and the Vision does all I need it to do. I see quite a few Visions up here, must be tourist Visions.

Edited by j.wales 2016-02-07 1:16 PM
j.wales
Posted 2016-02-07 1:19 PM (#178670 - in reply to #178616)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
JimTom, I know I'm blessed, you should see the roads and this glorius creation around me. I haven't had the Vision over at The Devil's Triangle in Tennessee but I will this spring. We always start at Brushy Mountain State Penn. gates
j.wales
Posted 2016-02-07 1:22 PM (#178671 - in reply to #178616)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
https://youtu.be/pK5d-hJKMUI

Edited by j.wales 2016-02-07 1:38 PM
j.wales
Posted 2016-02-07 1:39 PM (#178672 - in reply to #178616)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
http://devilstriangletn.com/
jimtom
Posted 2016-02-08 5:18 AM (#178678 - in reply to #178670)

Visionary

j.wales - 2016-02-07 1:19 PM

JimTom, I know I'm blessed, you should see the roads and this glorius creation around me. I haven't had the Vision over at The Devil's Triangle in Tennessee but I will this spring. We always start at Brushy Mountain State Penn. gates

I'm not that far from Deal's Gap. About 3 and a half hours. Some amazing riding there for sure. We haven't done devils Triangle yet either. You are truly blessed to be in that part of creation.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™