You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Fog Lights
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

GericaRM
Posted 2016-03-05 2:50 PM (#179126)
Subject: Fog Lights

Puddle Jumper

Hello All,

After desnagging an electrical issue that led to changing a couple of wires, the 40 amp breaker and a couple of fuses, I then moved on to the difficult job... changing a bloody light bulb.,, LOL!!

While dismantling the front end... my mitts do not fit in small places... I learned something very important... my local Victory Dealer... 3 hrs away, is NEVER again working on my bike. After the shop put my bike together after a crash, I found a number of connections missed, and a number of screws missing. 

I also went out and bought a new HID bulb because I thought that the shop did not replace the one that was installed and broken, however, what they did was connected it to the switch on my center console that is used to control my highway lights. Now my highway lights do not appear to work.

I am currently looking through the wiring diagrams to find physical connection points that might have been switched. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should be looking for the correct connections to switch?

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-03-05 5:38 PM (#179127 - in reply to #179126)
Subject: Re: Fog Lights

Visionary

the HID is all ways controlled by dash switch.
you would have to add a switch for running light. Now look by the HID ballast there is a wire there for running lights
you'll have to trace that to where it goes for powering running lights
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-03-05 5:41 PM (#179128 - in reply to #179126)
Subject: Re: Fog Lights

Visionary

by the way you don't need to double post about same subject
GericaRM
Posted 2016-03-05 6:35 PM (#179129 - in reply to #179126)
Subject: RE: Fog Lights

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the info... After taking a closer look at the wiring diagram I will have to apologize to my dealer the next time that I am down there... I found the issue... there is a relay within the wiring of the fog lights... it was the issue... now to find a replacement...

This thread can now be closed. I did post this as well in the Tec forum and I will keep that there in case someone else should have the same issue

Thanks All

Edited by GericaRM 2016-03-05 6:37 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™