You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Using a Pit Bull lift on a Vision....answers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Lotzafun
Posted 2008-11-13 4:00 PM (#23194)
Subject: Using a Pit Bull lift on a Vision....answers

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

Ok...after getting a reply in this thread http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1834&posts=18&start=1 that said Pit Bull didn't recommend using thier lifts on a Vision I decided to do some checking on it. 

Well...after exchanging a few emails and a phone call with Mark (the owner) at Pit Bull I finally have a few answers as to why Pit Bull currently does not "offically recommend" using thier lifts with a Vision.

They have had a Vision in thier facility to test on thier lifts. He said that due to the engine casing seam the Vision does have just a teeny bit of a wobble on thier lift. It is safe to use thier lift for a Vision, but it could be safer though. He said they could very easily make and sell an adapter that would make it a lot more solid and safer. However.....due to Victory not returning ANY phone calls to him so he can simply ask them if there is any issues whatsoever with lifting the Vision using the engine he currently can not truly "officially recommend" that a Vision can be placed on thier lifts.

He said that they have sold thier lifts to Vision owners and he has not heard of any problems. He can also say that while it isn't a requirement he does recommend to consider using some type of adapter to make the Vision even more solid on thier lifts. He also says he wishes someone from Victory and/or Polaris would call him back and offically tell him that it is safe to lift a Vision from the engine casing so he can sell lifts with a Vision adapter. So he is basically in a catch-22 He is really hoping to catch a Victory engineer at a show so he can ask them directly on what thier "official position" is.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Wizard523
Posted 2008-11-13 5:11 PM (#23200 - in reply to #23194)
Subject: Re: Using a Pit Bull lift on a Vision....answers

Tourer

Woodland Hills, CA
Thanks for the follow up. At least you confirmed the info I initially got from Pit Bull. Its sad that Victory (Polaris) continues to be non responsive, but I, for one, appreciate your and Pit Bull's efforts.
ness_fan
Posted 2008-11-16 9:32 AM (#23393 - in reply to #23194)
Subject: Re: Using a Pit Bull lift on a Vision....answers

Cruiser

US
For Victory Im sure it is the old liability thing, unfortunately we have far to many bungholes in the world trying to make a quick buck off of someone instead of just getting a job, I remember as a kid I drank out of garden hoses rode in a car without a seat belt, rode in the back of a pickup the list goes on and on. Thanks for the info on the lift I saw a demo they did in Daytona a couple of years ago and was impressed with their lifts, if you drove your car there they would even take it to your car and load it for you. I will be buying one soon.
Thanks again
Robert
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™