You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

1/4 turn throttle ring
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

johnnyvision
Posted 2016-04-12 6:44 PM (#181974)
Subject: 1/4 turn throttle ring

Visionary

Bought this from Lloydz and have tried for two days and can not get it on. Its the right ring Lloydz has p/n stamped on it 

can not get adjusted correct. It binds now and don't know what to do. 

http://lloydz.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=77

Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-04-12 6:44 PM (#181975 - in reply to #181974)
Subject: Re: 1/4 turn throttle ring

Visionary

http://lloydz.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=77
Rowebote
Posted 2016-04-12 7:41 PM (#181976 - in reply to #181974)

Cruiser

Eagan, MN United States
Hey John, make sure you did in fact get the right one. I don't remember if you have stock or aftermarket grips but that will make a difference in which one to get. I assume you know that though and got the right one but just checking. Second, make sure you have given as much slack as possible at the throttle body. You won't have enough if you just rely on the slack at the grip. The other thing that may get you is that it's binding inside the housing. You might need to grind some clearance inside it with a dremel. I just put one on my jackpot and had to grind a lot. This is more of an issue with the 07 and older but can affect the newer ones as well. Oh and it is possible that the cables came off inside but you will find that out when you take it apart to check clearance.
atvtinker
Posted 2016-04-13 7:50 AM (#182105 - in reply to #181974)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
John, when I put one on the '08 Vision I had to back the nuts completely loose from the throttle body to get it work. I never had to grind anything inside the handlebar piece but you do have to make sure it is centered inside and that the cables are completely seated in the grooves and the cable ends seated properly. I'm sure you did back the adjuster completely in also at the grip?
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-04-13 6:01 PM (#182116 - in reply to #181974)

Visionary

how the hell did you get at the nuts on the throttle body
Rowebote
Posted 2016-04-14 8:20 AM (#182141 - in reply to #181974)

Cruiser

Eagan, MN United States
not sure. Rylan put the one on my Vision when I had the cams put in. Witchdoctor has a Video showing him getting to them from the side. It's on a Cross bike but I think he says it applies to a Vision as well. On the Jackpot I just took the tank off. I've done that so many times replacing clutch cables that I probably could remove the tank now with my eyes closed....
atvtinker
Posted 2016-04-14 10:20 AM (#182145 - in reply to #181974)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
John, you can get to them with a long handled open end wrench, but it is tedious. I got them loose that way, but ended up taking the fairing off that side to get them set back right. The lower edge of the fairing on that side makes it hard to get the wrench to turn enough to tighten. The CCT was easy to do because you can take the tank off with just a couple of bolts and just lift the tank enough to get to them.

Edited by atvtinker 2016-04-14 10:22 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™