You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bought it and left it in the crate.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

swiftvtx
Posted 2007-11-21 6:29 PM (#2172)
Subject: Bought it and left it in the crate.

Cruiser

Bought mine monday but left it in the crate. Ordered the stage two and a bunch of the chrome accessories. When all of the stuff comes in they'll put it all together. And then I'll have to haul it somewhere to ride.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-21 6:44 PM (#2174 - in reply to #2172)
Subject: RE: Bought it and left it in the crate.

Visionary

Memphis
My dealer told me to wait until the 500 mile break-in to upgrade the pipes. I got the Stage 1 Level 1 put on yesterday. Not sure of the reason to wait. No big deal to me.
okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-21 8:15 PM (#2178 - in reply to #2172)
Subject: Re: Bought it and left it in the crate.

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
How loud is the Stage 1? Are you able to hear the radio ok? I have installed intake and performance exhaust on all of my bikes. I was thinking this time I would keep the original exhaust so I could hear the radio. How much improvement in performance are you seeing with the Stage 1?
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-21 8:56 PM (#2181 - in reply to #2172)

Visionary

Memphis

If you are used to (and like) the Goldwing or BMW you will want to stay with the stock exhaust on the Vision. If you are a previous Victory owner, do not think that the stock Vision exhaust is the same as the other Victories. The exhaust port on the stock Vision exhaust is twice that of the other models.

I could probably put the Stage 1/Level 1 on a dyno and see some marginal improvement on the numbers but from where I sit, the upgrade is psychological. The bike took 2-3 cranks of the starter before it would fire off with the stock exhaust. With the S1/L1 it lights of with the first crank. Throttle response is more immediate. At idle, it is just a hair louder than stock (maybe 10%). It is a little throatier and just feels like it is breathing easier. Nice lope at about 950-1000rpms. With the stock exhaust, I could idle into the garage and no one in the house really heard me pull in. With the S1/L1 it sounds like a Blackhawk off in the distance from inside the house. It has more of a high compression, air pressure "feel" to it rather than just more noise. (I've never put pipes on anything so I'm not real good at explaining it.)

Hammering the throttle on the stock exhaust sounds kind of like a ripping sound. Definitely louder, but not really throatier. Hammering the S1/L1 (to blast around a clueless idiot talking on a cellphone who just cut you off for instance ..........hypothetically) really wakes the dead. Every other noise in your world just went away for a few seconds. Then you roll off the throttle, ease back into a nice spot in traffic and, viola, you hear the radio again. It just purrs when cruising.

I had a buddy get on it and drive away normally in his neighborhood I could still hear the engine/tranny whine over the exhaust. It is not obnoxious at all as far as neighbors hearing you coming and going. If you want to be heard, you can be heard. If you want to blend in, you can. I consider the Stage 1/Level 1 to be the subwoofer everyone misses. I'm happy with it.

Edited by SongFan 2007-11-21 9:03 PM
jama
Posted 2007-11-21 9:43 PM (#2184 - in reply to #2181)

Cruiser

Arkansas
Song,
What about the download for S1/L1 (or L2 for that matter)? I thought they weren't available yet.
Is this true or did you keep your stock EFI map? ( "Prolly" not from your throttle response comments ). Oh, and how did your MPG change?
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-21 10:02 PM (#2185 - in reply to #2172)

Visionary

Memphis

The download arrived at the dealership the morning I got the upgrade (yesterday).  It is all very black box kind of security with that download being assigned to that bike.  The download itself took a little over 2 1/2 minutes to complete.  Everything had to be powered up and any power interrupt would void the whole thing.

The download not being available may be the reason my dealer had me hold off until I brought it in for the 500 mile check-up.

Rained all day today so I haven't compared mpg yet. 

okthenbye
Posted 2007-11-22 12:06 AM (#2192 - in reply to #2172)
Subject: Re: Bought it and left it in the crate.

Cruiser

Stockton, Ca.
I did have the stage 1 on my Kingpin. It sounded kind of like a big V8 when idling. When opening up the throttle it really gets loud and throaty. The Kingpin definately drowns out any other sounds and would make the radio useless. Not that I ride to listen to the radio but since it is there I would like to make the most of it. I do like the best of both worlds (BMW quiet and Victory loud) so I'll have to feel it out when it comes in and decide. I'll probably end up with the Stage 1 kit. For now I have to rely on the feedback from you lucky folks out there that have already taken delivery. Thanks for the info...
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-22 7:49 AM (#2198 - in reply to #2172)

Visionary

Memphis
My dealer just got a wall display that has about 7 or 8 exhaust recordings. Push a button to hear stock, Stage1/Level 1, Stage 1/Level 2, Stage 2, and the other options for the other models. The speakers are small and wimpy but it gives a surprisingly good representation of the differences. I couldn't really tell a big difference between S1/L1 and S1/L2. There is a noticeable difference between Stock and the Stage 1's and again between the Stage 1's and Stage 2. If you are a "loud pipes" kind of guy, you will like the Stage 2.
chitowntom03
Posted 2007-11-22 11:38 AM (#2199 - in reply to #2172)

Cruiser

thanks for the info guys happy thanksgiving, customer appreciation at randys
cycle in huntley on 11-23& 11-24 maybe i will hear some good news re bike
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™