You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Anybody using the ICOM / CB yet?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

excelboy10
Posted 2007-11-22 7:27 PM (#2204)
Subject: Anybody using the ICOM / CB yet?

Cruiser

Birmingham, AL 08 MC Tour Premium 2012 Bronze Mist
I picked up my bike last Thursday and purchased the ICOM/CB setup with the bike. They didn't have the wiring harness (seems to be a hard to find part) so I rode it for a few days (I'm in love!!) and used the down time around the wife cooking the Turkey day feast to install what I have.
I'm interested to hear opinions of the funcionality of the electronics. Anybody here already have it working?
I've owned Goldwings and got used to the high level of quality in there setup (not actual sound from there dinky speakers, but the operation and useability of the electronics). Then I stepped off in the Harley world and had to get used to the poor functionality of what they provided.
I'm anxious and hopeful that Victory has put together some good stuff for the sweetest bike I've ever had the pleasure of riding.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
excelboy10
Posted 2007-11-29 8:53 PM (#2328 - in reply to #2204)
Subject: RE: Anybody using the ICOM / CB yet?

Cruiser

Judging by the lack of any response on this thread, nobody's "hooked up" yet. My dealer called this morning and said they had received my wiring harness and would ship it today (they're about 100 miles away). I should have it tomorrow and I plan on taking the bike from Birmingham to Little Rock on Monday. It should be a good opportunity to check it all out.
I'll report back to the group on my take.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-11-30 12:23 AM (#2345 - in reply to #2328)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

I have all the parts for mine (just got the wiring harness a couple of days ago) but haven't done the work to install it yet.  I will be doing it myself - don't want to pay $75 an hour for something I am capable of.  It looks simple enough, but I am having trouble finding a 11/16th hole saw that the instructions call for to install the communication jacks. 

BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-30 4:56 AM (#2358 - in reply to #2204)
Subject: Re: Anybody using the ICOM / CB yet?

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
and the drama begins....that drill bit is only the tip of the iceburg. anytime I want to work on the e-glide, it looks and sound easy, until i start applying my mechanical skills. i'm stubourn and will wait til i can't take it anymore, and end up at the shop days later and have to spend more money to fix what i've jacked up, and then the normal installation fee. I can't wait to get my vision. it has everything i want, straight from the factory... But then again, I have suasage hands, an attention span of a 16 year old, and the mechanical skills of a spider monkey. Good luck, and I hope it all works out for you. $75 an hour! Thats a Travisty, sham, and mockery...a Travashamockery! Give me the dang drill bit, I'm going in.
excelboy10
Posted 2007-11-30 7:22 AM (#2370 - in reply to #2204)

Cruiser

I had the same problem finding a 11/16 hole saw so I wound up using a 11/16 wood boring bit. It has a very sharp point and 2 more points on the edges of the bit. It zipped right through the plastic and worked great.
Lone Ranger
Posted 2007-11-30 12:25 PM (#2388 - in reply to #2370)

Tourer

Cleveland, GA

I bought a 11/16 wood boring bit, as well, but I had someone tell me that it would jack up plastic parts, so I was afraid to use it.  Good to hear it worked well for you!  Now I can drill the holes without worrying.

By the way, the instructions for the wiring harness don't tell you which end goes to the front and which goes to the back, or which plug goes to the CB.  The best I can figure from looking at my CB and such is to put the single connector end toward the front.  There will only be one that can connect to the CB, but will have two or three connections left unused at that end.  I figure they are for the CD player and/or the XM.  FYI.

If you order a helmet speaker system from J&M (supposedly much better than the one you can purchase from Victory), the connecting cord you need from your helmet to the bike is the 7-pin for Harley Davidson after 2005.

excelboy10
Posted 2007-11-30 11:15 PM (#2403 - in reply to #2204)
Subject: Right side only

Cruiser

I received my long awaited wiring harness today and followed the instructions to install it. I was excited and turned the key only to get audio in the right side and erractic VOX behavior. The mic isn't functioning. I can hear CB traffic and tried several times to get a response to "radio check" with no luck.
The headset I'm using is the same one I had on my 06 Ultra Classic and although no one has told me it would work, I assumed it would being a compatible connector.
Do we have to buy the Vision headset to make it work???
excelboy10
Posted 2007-12-01 6:12 PM (#2416 - in reply to #2204)

Cruiser

Update! I went down to our local dealer, American Cycle Center, and they let me try a Victory headset to see if my one sided helmet audio was due to a mismatch between my 06 HD setup. Well good news and bad, it wasn't an incompatibility problem. Even with their new headset I only got right side audio. I've double checked my installation and believe everything is installed by the book. The wrench at the dealer told me to take it all apart and look for pins that are pushed back. I'm taking it to Little Rock Monday and can't leave it with the dealer to figure out. I'll do my best to figure it out this weekend.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™