You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Key trouble(s)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Bearcat
Posted 2007-11-25 9:54 PM (#2245)
Subject: Key trouble(s)

Cruiser

Prescott Valley, AZ
After locking the front end on my MCPT twice I have decided this is a bad thing. The key is now bent just a tad from my trying with VERY little luck to get it unlocked! It will lock quite easily but getting it unlocked is a problem. I push down to get it into the locked position and it works fine, but unlocking it has been a real issue, I've pushed it down, I've left it up, I've moved the handle bar while trying to unlock it. Nothing seems to help, I'll be seeing the dealer this Tuesday afternoon about this and the fact that the gear indicator doesn't indicate when I go into 6th gear.
Aside from these two items the first tank of gas is about history, the low light came on at 175 miles this afternoon. Each time I ride it I like it more. Victory did good!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cjnoho
Posted 2007-11-27 8:58 PM (#2265 - in reply to #2245)
Subject: Re: Key trouble(s)

Visionary

So Cal
I had the opposite problem when new. Couldnt lock the forks. Played with it some and it started working. Gets better the more I use it. It takes a light touch sometime. If it takes too much force I turn it back on and try again.
g1nomad
Posted 2007-11-28 1:36 PM (#2272 - in reply to #2245)

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
I hate to say it, but mine is just a little difficult both ways, and works.
My key is not getting bent. My gear indicator works well, as well.
I hope there is an alignment adjustment possible for you.

BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-30 5:39 AM (#2361 - in reply to #2245)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Get a REALLY big hammer! Anyway you can apply some lube? Lube and Hammer! Hey, I think I have something. What was the outcome? I should be getting mine within the next week. I have retained all the little "glitches" posted, and will address them at delivery. Do you have to leave the key in to ride? I have a key ring like a prison guard. Can't imagine what they would look like hanging out of the center panel.
Bearcat
Posted 2007-12-02 10:45 PM (#2434 - in reply to #2361)

Cruiser

Prescott Valley, AZ
My "plan" is to get the first 500 miles behind me (turned 400 tonight) and then let the dealership address the issues I've got. As for the key you do have to leave it in the ignition while riding so you had better loose the big key ring. On my old Nomad I removed the key after turning the lock to the on position, have attempted to do the same many times on the Vision but it won't come out in the on position. Good luck on your delivery, the wait has been too long but trust me, you're gonna LOVE IT!!!!!
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-03 3:18 AM (#2438 - in reply to #2245)

Visionary

So Cal
Got a call from Victory today, for a survey. I told them the main complaints were, lack of communication from the factory and my old dealer about delivery. Also mentioned the key problem. Asked if I would mind if I would being contacted by an engineer for more info and I said okay. The dents in the bags are the only other problem I can find. They are so hard to see, even in black, that I could live with them if Victory decided not do do anything about it. After comming off an HD, it all seems so minor.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™