You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Names called...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

metalguy
Posted 2007-11-26 10:24 AM (#2248)
Subject: Names called...

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I saw this in another post by Bearcat, so I would post some of the names the bike has been called so far.
Something George Jetson would ride
Starship
Judge Dredd's bike
I tghink its fun, to hear the comments!-----Metalguy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pollolittle
Posted 2007-11-26 10:34 AM (#2249 - in reply to #2248)
Subject: Re: Names called...

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Power Rangers, Mighty Blue Morphin Power,
The one I personally like is the Batman Bike. If you could black it out, with very little Chrome it would look sharp and it might actually look like a Batman Bike. Then I just need the outfit. I want the one with the larger package holder and the ultra cut six-pack costume.
Concept Bike, they actually making that.
That ain't no Harley, ya think!
"What is that?" from a guy ridin' a Harley, rubbin his hands (vibration). Two answers, "Better Bike!" & "I call it an UPGRADE!"
metalguy
Posted 2007-11-26 3:38 PM (#2253 - in reply to #2248)

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I had a gal come up to me yesterday and ask "What the HELL bike is THAT??
likerace4
Posted 2007-11-26 4:41 PM (#2254 - in reply to #2253)

Puddle Jumper

Bar Hopper quote of "What the hell it that" is the question I get the most. I swear it should Victorys new slogan. It alway seems to come from harley guys in a demeaning way.
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-26 8:07 PM (#2255 - in reply to #2248)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
When I get the "what the hell is that" I show em the back of my victory t-shirt that says -"if I have to explain you probably ride a Harley" It usually gets a few chuckles=

Edited by DesertJim 2007-11-26 8:18 PM
jimtom
Posted 2007-11-27 8:56 AM (#2257 - in reply to #2255)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I want that t-shirt Where'd you get it
DannyB
Posted 2007-11-27 1:38 PM (#2259 - in reply to #2248)

Tourer

2 mi from Jim Beam n KY
Yeah! Where????

"BatBike"
"BatmanBike"
"HellBike"
"JetsonBike"
"StarshipBike"

I love it!!
VisionTex
Posted 2007-11-27 5:53 PM (#2263 - in reply to #2259)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Hey, I just want my bike so people can call it names!!!!!
Carolina Tom
Posted 2007-11-27 8:29 PM (#2264 - in reply to #2248)

Cruiser

Lexington, North Carolina
This car pulls up beside me at a stop light the other day. They're on my left, man in the front woman in the back. The conversation goes something like this...

Man- Wow! That's a cool bike. What kind is it?

Me - Thanks, it's a Victory Vision

Man - Who makes it?

Me - Victory

Man - Who?

Me - Victory, as I point to the badge on the side.

Woman - So, is it a Harley or something?

Fortunately for me about that time the light turns green and it ends this wonderful dialogue.

The moral is, even people that know what appears to be absolutely nothing about motorcycles, notice that there's something special about this ride.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2007-11-28 7:34 AM (#2270 - in reply to #2248)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Had almost all of the above comments but the best one so far: "Where's the button you push to beam up to the Mothership?"
likerace4
Posted 2007-11-28 4:33 PM (#2274 - in reply to #2248)
Subject: RE: Names called...

Puddle Jumper

Now we know what it was like to be the Wright brother. It never gets old listening to the stupidity that comes out of peoples mouth when asking about our bikes.
tralphaz
Posted 2007-11-28 7:37 PM (#2285 - in reply to #2274)

Tourer

The most annoying thing I hear is from a guy who rides an '04 Electra Glide with parts constantly falling off or breaking. He calls me rocket man, second worst was the comment from another who said the first guy wanted to get me a t-shirt with "Cris Jetson" on it, I told him that I thought it was f**king stupid.
One of the most enjoyable experiences I had with Harley riders was the first day I brought it home, I parked it at Starbucks, a guy on a Streetglide was all over it, he spent about 15 minutes walking around it, looking, I thought I was going to have to give him a rag to wipe the drool off it, he sat on it, loved the comfort of the seat, we turned on the radio, I personally don't think the radio sounds very good, he said "wow, that sounds better than mine".
Rebel
Posted 2007-11-28 9:02 PM (#2289 - in reply to #2274)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
likerace4 - 2007-11-28 4:33 PM
It never gets old listening to the stupidity that comes out of peoples mouth when asking about our bikes.

It's not stupidity, man, it's ignorance. Stupidity is, well, stupidity; ignorance is just a lack of education or knowledge. Big difference.

Educate people in a nice, polite manner and you can wrangle us some more Victory converts. Don't treat them like morons, love them and turn them away from the Dark Side.
cjnoho
Posted 2007-11-29 12:56 AM (#2305 - in reply to #2248)

Visionary

So Cal
I agree. When we're on two wheels, regardless of what you ride, its us against the rest of the world. Too many people on 4 wheels with "more important things than driving" on their minds. If someone has a problem with what soeone else is riding, then they bought their bike for the wrong reasons. I've ridden harleys for a long time and I never put someone down for what they ride. (unless its not safe) In fact it bugs me when younger riders say their bike is nice but its not a harley. Anyone that has the guts to ride on two wheels rather than play it save on 4 doesnt need a harley.

My Visions been called many names. But its all been in fun from people that are happy for me. In fact they really like the bike.
For those that have negative comments I'll just smile. Because I know I have the better bike. I've been on both and the Vision wins hands down. If theyre too close minded to give it try, theyre missing out.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-29 5:35 AM (#2308 - in reply to #2248)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Mostly people call me an idiot for preordering this "vision". I should just forget the whole thing! but still, something tells me to hold on to this idea, that my bike will be in next week...or next WEEK, OR NEXT WEEK! I might just throw in the towel, keep the Harley, and by a fricken sports car. HELL, IT"S ONLY BEEN 3 MONTHS SINCE I WAS TOLD MY BIKE WAS ON A TRUCK HEADED TO MY DEALER! I digress...My motivation is at an all time low...victory vision..pththtthhhhwat, and blah blah blah!
DesertJim
Posted 2007-11-29 10:14 AM (#2315 - in reply to #2308)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
BUCKEYE - 2007-11-29 2:35 AM

Mostly people call me an idiot for preordering this "vision". I should just forget the whole thing! but still, something tells me to hold on to this idea, that my bike will be in next week...or next WEEK, OR NEXT WEEK! I might just throw in the towel, keep the Harley, and by a fricken sports car. HELL, IT"S ONLY BEEN 3 MONTHS SINCE I WAS TOLD MY BIKE WAS ON A TRUCK HEADED TO MY DEALER! I digress...My motivation is at an all time low...victory vision..pththtthhhhwat, and blah blah blah!

MAN UP BUCKEYE!! REAL MEN CAN WAIT! YOU WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THIS WHINE? BLA BLA BLA! VISION RIDERS STAY MOTIVATED!!
Rebel
Posted 2007-11-29 10:21 AM (#2316 - in reply to #2308)

Iron Butt

Linwood, MI
BUCKEYE - 2007-11-29 5:35 AM

Hey, Buckeye, now that a lot of dealers have Visions for floor stock (mine included), have you considered just calling around to dealers in your state to see if they have one in-stock you can buy right off the floor?
SongFan
Posted 2007-11-29 10:53 AM (#2318 - in reply to #2248)

Visionary

Memphis

BUCKEYE, 

Now that you are broken, you have nothing to lose.  It is unbelievable and I can relate to every minute of your despair.  Time will tell whether or not it will have been worth it.

You are not the idiot. 

BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-11-30 4:45 AM (#2355 - in reply to #2248)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Thanks gents, for the positive affirmations. I needed that, and the fact that the dealer called to let me know my Shizzle is on a truck as of the 30th (today). Not that I've heard this before....If I get SNAFU'd again, I will be on the prowl in So. Cal. to find a Vision. Either that, or I lock and load and low crawl up to my dealers and place a charge on his hatch. That kind of talk could get me time in the slammer...I didn't mean it, Forgive me and all the pigmys in south america. I'm harmless, yet extremely unstable at the same time. I've lost my marbles, and if I'm not riding a vision within the next 8 days, somethings going to get hurt. Whew...that felt good! DesertJim,,,thanks brother! The Buckeye is now manning up! Piss a brother off and he might get physcal up in here. Sometimes a good kick to the junk is all a brother needs to let him know he's alive. DesertJim, are you by the Grand Canyon? My uncles ashes will be here from Ohio in mid December. He wanted to be tossed out into the air there. Hope there's not an updraft! Seriously, is there any laws against that? My mother in law is bringing the ashes of my uncle and his dogs. (yes, we are all a bit crazy from that state) He kept his dogs ashes just for this. See a problem with it?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™