You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision Cam Dyno RESULTS
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

kevinx
Posted 2009-01-06 12:54 PM (#26183 - in reply to #25022)
Subject: Re: Vision Cam Dyno RESULTS

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Man I had not seen thi thread pop back up so many times, and missed it.

Couple of high points
1] Victory does NOT keep track of a bikes service history once it is past the 12 month warrenty. Basically if you do not tell anyone; they will never know you have camss at the extended warrenty company

2] There is a port on the back of the VFC3 that allows it to have it's software updated. Lloyd will make the extra fueling a running change,to all of them. It will not hurt anyone, but it will help those with stock maps, and cams

3] The new HOH cams have NOTHING to ddo with Andrews. They were co-developed by a firm in NZ that does cam design for MOTO GP bikes. These guys know OHC motors like few others in the world. Thye grins so not look like they are even for the same motor as the Andrews stuff

4] I charge 4 hours for the install, and thee motor stays right where it belongs. In order to o the job I had to spend a bunch of coin on tools to get the damn valve cover bolts out. They are a true PITA

Hope that answer the questions
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lotzafun
Posted 2009-01-06 1:13 PM (#26185 - in reply to #26174)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

Arkainzeye - 2009-01-06 8:04 AM The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states that a warranty can NOT be denied IF the dealer provides the "parts" you need FREE of charge.. Example oil changes. if the dealer or maker of what ever you own provides FREE oil changes with free labor and you don’t use it and you have a warranty engine failure claim. NOW you will have a fight on your hands. If you read the entire act it states this. The Act is NOT!! For add high performance parts!! lol not even close. its for maintence related items. Items you need in order to maintain your car ,truck,motorcycle.. I think people need to actually read this act. Its not a crutch for doing whatever you want to your bike and having a get out of jail free card when your motorcycle fails on you.. Oh here is a perfect example. On this forum this is a guy that has a Vulcan 2000. with a aftermarket intake. His engine started using oil very badly, it was determined that the engine needed a rebuild! Well kaw denied the warranty because of a aftermarket intake. It was that simple. They claimed the aftermarket intake didn’t seal properly and let in dirty which caused the rings to wear. But yet others with the same bike needed a rebuild also and they had stock intakes.. But still the warranty was denied. And was legally allowed to do so… Once again Read the act.. its not for performance parts. Its for REPLACEMENT parts.. Under this federal statute, a manufacturer, who issues a warranty on your motor vehicle, is prohibited from requiring you to use a particular brand of air filter, oil filter, or other service or maintenance item, unless such item is provided, free of charge, under your warranty or unless the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) waives this prohibition against the manufacturer.

Well...I don't wish to start a debate on the finite translation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It has already been debated and translated and whatever tens of thousands of times all over the net.

I also don't wish to attempt to convince you or anyone else on what to do or not do when it comes to changing or adding or modifying or anything with a vehicle or motorcycle or anything else that may have any type of written warranty.

But I will say that I make my decisions based on previous experience thru my years and also on on my research such as the following.....

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/keeping-your-mods-warranty-intact.html

http://www.pt-tuning.com/policies/Magn-Moss-Act.html

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/aftvsfac.htm

http://www.fuelhoarder.com/page.php?5

http://www.ts-mag.com/t_stx.cfm?action=current_issue_pick&id=281

http://www.allaboutdiesels.com/index.php?view=warranty

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus01.shtm

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

Now...there might be some site that may dispute the information from the sites I've posted above. And to be honest I would like to see "the other side of this coin" so to speak. But until someone does the research and shows me that doing performance mods voids or alters or changes my warranty I'm going to take the path of going with what I know....and order & install cams and whatever other goodies I feel worth my money and time. And I feel pretty much 99.99% confident that I will not have any issues whatsoever with any future warranty claims. I guess this is one of those "I'll do what I wish and you do what you wish" type things.

Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-06 2:16 PM (#26187 - in reply to #26185)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
im not arguing with you.. I just want to be clear. are you saying you can do whatever you like to your motorcycle in anyway that you see fit and No one can deny your warranty claim if the motorcycle failed/broke down? Because the Magnuson-moss Act will protect you? It makes me want to read my extended warranty to make sure i didnt sign (agree) to their terms and not knowing what their terms are? I mean with the extended warranty not the factory stock warranty. It makes me wonder why the pages for the warranty are so long if they really cant deny you for whatever you do to your motorcycle. If this is true, and i can do Anything i like then.. WOW let the mods flow~!

Lotzafun - 2009-01-06 1:13 PM

Arkainzeye - 2009-01-06 8:04 AM The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states that a warranty can NOT be denied IF the dealer provides the "parts" you need FREE of charge.. Example oil changes. if the dealer or maker of what ever you own provides FREE oil changes with free labor and you don't use it and you have a warranty engine failure claim. NOW you will have a fight on your hands. If you read the entire act it states this. The Act is NOT!! For add high performance parts!! lol not even close. its for maintence related items. Items you need in order to maintain your car ,truck,motorcycle.. I think people need to actually read this act. Its not a crutch for doing whatever you want to your bike and having a get out of jail free card when your motorcycle fails on you.. Oh here is a perfect example. On this forum this is a guy that has a Vulcan 2000. with a aftermarket intake. His engine started using oil very badly, it was determined that the engine needed a rebuild! Well kaw denied the warranty because of a aftermarket intake. It was that simple. They claimed the aftermarket intake didn't seal properly and let in dirty which caused the rings to wear. But yet others with the same bike needed a rebuild also and they had stock intakes.. But still the warranty was denied. And was legally allowed to do so… Once again Read the act.. its not for performance parts. Its for REPLACEMENT parts.. Under this federal statute, a manufacturer, who issues a warranty on your motor vehicle, is prohibited from requiring you to use a particular brand of air filter, oil filter, or other service or maintenance item, unless such item is provided, free of charge, under your warranty or unless the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) waives this prohibition against the manufacturer.

Well...I don't wish to start a debate on the finite translation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It has already been debated and translated and whatever tens of thousands of times all over the net.

I also don't wish to attempt to convince you or anyone else on what to do or not do when it comes to changing or adding or modifying or anything with a vehicle or motorcycle or anything else that may have any type of written warranty.

But I will say that I make my decisions based on previous experience thru my years and also on on my research such as the following.....

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/keeping-your-mods-warranty-intact.html

http://www.pt-tuning.com/policies/Magn-Moss-Act.html

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/aftvsfac.htm

http://www.fuelhoarder.com/page.php?5

http://www.ts-mag.com/t_stx.cfm?action=current_issue_pick&id=281

http://www.allaboutdiesels.com/index.php?view=warranty

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus01.shtm

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

Now...there might be some site that may dispute the information from the sites I've posted above. And to be honest I would like to see "the other side of this coin" so to speak. But until someone does the research and shows me that doing performance mods voids or alters or changes my warranty I'm going to take the path of going with what I know....and order & install cams and whatever other goodies I feel worth my money and time. And I feel pretty much 99.99% confident that I will not have any issues whatsoever with any future warranty claims. I guess this is one of those "I'll do what I wish and you do what you wish" type things.

Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-06 3:25 PM (#26188 - in reply to #26187)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i was just looking at the FAQ section on Lloyds website. the last question on the page was interesting.
coachwes
Posted 2009-01-06 5:43 PM (#26197 - in reply to #25022)
Subject: RE: Vision Cam Dyno RESULTS

Puddle Jumper

savannah ga
HEY KEVIN whats your rate and when can you get the next bike in . How long does it take to get the cames from loyds .And the last one how long will you need the bike dropped off. SORRY for all the questions iam very intrested in this mod . I allready have the s1l1 installed so it should be just a R&R job for me .THANKS...
Lotzafun
Posted 2009-01-06 7:28 PM (#26208 - in reply to #26187)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

Arkainzeye - 2009-01-06 1:16 PM im not arguing with you.. I just want to be clear. are you saying you can do whatever you like to your motorcycle in anyway that you see fit and No one can deny your warranty claim if the motorcycle failed/broke down? Because the Magnuson-moss Act will protect you? It makes me want to read my extended warranty to make sure i didnt sign (agree) to their terms and not knowing what their terms are? I mean with the extended warranty not the factory stock warranty. It makes me wonder why the pages for the warranty are so long if they really cant deny you for whatever you do to your motorcycle. If this is true, and i can do Anything i like then.. WOW let the mods flow~!

lol....I knew this post would turn a bit off-topic. But I guess this dialogue is helping site members.

The way I understand the Magnuson act is that I can change whatever I want on my Vision. But what I change is no longer under the OEM warranty, however the rest of the parts that I didn't change are still 100% under OEM warranty.

I mean if I change cams the rest of the engine parts are under warranty. Changing cams does not void the warranty on the crankshaft or pistons or transmission or any other parts. Now....if I change cams and somewhere in the future the cam bearings or journals have a problem then true...this would be an issue that would fall on my dollar to deal with. But if I change cams and the pistons or crankshaft or similar items have a problem then the OEM warranty is in effect and the dealer must either fix the problem or prove that the cams caused the problem.

The following examples aren't meant to be sarcastic by any measure. But......

Lets say that someone changes out headlamp bulbs with non-oem bulbs, like Silverstars. Would this void the warranty...on the alternator?

Lets say that someone changes the tires over to high performance tires. Would this void the warranty...on the wheel bearings?

Lets say that someone changes the speakers. Would this void the warranty...on the radio?

Now lets say that someone changes the cams. Would this void the warranty...on the engine?

Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-06 8:41 PM (#26212 - in reply to #25022)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
you got some interesting points and i didnt take them as sarcastic at all. but here is one of the points i was talking about. this is directly from the website selling the cams!!! That gotta say something...

Will doing "performance" engine work void my warranty?

Good Question. Yes, By deciding to do performance work you are choosing to sacrifice your warranty coverage for harder acceleration. We believe an informed decision is most important and with our experience, we can advise you of the pros and cons of any modification you are considering. After all, the decision to do so is solely up to you.
kevinx
Posted 2009-01-06 10:34 PM (#26220 - in reply to #25022)

Visionary

Just to clarify something here. Extended warenties are a contract signed as aceptance to all of it's terms, and is not the same as a factory warentee. Listed exceptions CAN be enforced without regard to Magnusan.
Lotzafun
Posted 2009-01-06 11:15 PM (#26223 - in reply to #26212)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

Arkainzeye - 2009-01-06 7:41 PM you got some interesting points and i didnt take them as sarcastic at all. but here is one of the points i was talking about. this is directly from the website selling the cams!!! That gotta say something... Will doing "performance" engine work void my warranty? Good Question. Yes, By deciding to do performance work you are choosing to sacrifice your warranty coverage for harder acceleration. We believe an informed decision is most important and with our experience, we can advise you of the pros and cons of any modification you are considering. After all, the decision to do so is solely up to you.

While I highly respect Lloyd for his immense knowledge when it comes to performance and such I look at this and shake my head a bit at him. An unresearched basic answer to a somewhat vague question. And unfortunately he is kinda shooting himself in the foot when it comes to the "business side" of how the question could and should be answered. At least IMHO. But heck, he might read this post and see what I'm saying and hopefully put down the wrench and change his FAQ, or maybe get our dearest Jeff Martini (JAM) to do the job for him. Or if I find some time maybe I'll touch base with Lloyd, probably thru email, and ask him why he has such a statement in his FAQ area. And hopefully be able to show him possibly a better way to correctly answer this type of question.

Lets define "performance engine work" a bit. To me this means going the route of major engine work with combinations of things like bore kits, pistons, cranks, valves, cams and all of the other goodies. Doing such major work does bring the voiding of a warranty into question. I don't think just replacing cams falls under this umbrella.

But lets say someone installs a turbo or supercharger on a bone stock engine. Does this void the engine warranty? Well I think it more than likely gets into the area of probably yes. Because you are installing something that probably has the capabilities of exceeding the design specifications of what the engine can handle without some type of failure.

So....does installing cams fall under this "exceeding design specifications" area? I'm myself pretty much doubt that they do. If someone from a dealer or Victory Mo. Co. wants to debate this I'd love to. I'd like to hear them say that the Vision engine is not designed to handle this increase in h.p. or torque, beacuse basically they would be having to admit they designed an engine that was "barely good enough". And to be honest I'd probably sell my Vision right away because I don't want an engine thats barely good enough.

Edited by Lotzafun 2009-01-06 11:25 PM
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-07 6:57 AM (#26231 - in reply to #25022)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
the only reason i posted that about Lloyd saying your warranty would be gone is.. and i thought he of might have gone through people who later had to file a warranty claim and seen what the outcome was. cause if you think about it coming straight out and saying Yes your warranty would be no more cant be good for his business for a person who is on the fence about doing that mod. but at the sametime if he knows the "truth" or has experienced what has happened to other customers im sure he doesnt want to be misleading and say"dont worry your covered" only to get sued later because that wasnt the case. I could be completely wrong. but i feel there is a reason why he posted something that could decrease the sales of one of his products. Because he has too..? To say well dont tell them you put cams in is not the same as saying you are covered.. If someone has to say that, then that raises questions as to why... Just makes you wonder what has he been though that would Make him put that on his site. and to be really honest. I respect him for doing that.. He's a stand up guy....
kevinx
Posted 2009-01-07 1:03 PM (#26244 - in reply to #26197)

Visionary

coachwes - 2009-01-06 5:43 PM

HEY KEVIN whats your rate and when can you get the next bike in . How long does it take to get the cames from loyds .And the last one how long will you need the bike dropped off. SORRY for all the questions iam very intrested in this mod . I allready have the s1l1 installed so it should be just a R&R job for me .THANKS...

Check your inbox please
coachwes
Posted 2009-01-07 5:59 PM (#26269 - in reply to #25022)

Puddle Jumper

savannah ga
GOT THE MESSAGE KEVIN THANKS Ill call you tomorrow morning ..
Lloyd
Posted 2009-01-08 9:31 PM (#26364 - in reply to #26115)

Cruiser

mkultra - 2009-01-05 2:11 PM

Does Victory have performance cams or is everyone using Lloyds? I ask this because i am interested in doing cams, i know Lloyds are Andrews cams, and have checked Andrews website for lift and duration but nothing on the Vision cams. Heck i dont even know the lift of the stock cams. I know warranty claims are a dealer thingy, meaning they can finagle the process to corporate as to whether or not certain items are covered and with that i can understand the Dealer wanting to use parts they sell to make a quarter verses a dime. Now if Victory has performance cams and they are in the same ballpark, duration and lift, i might consider it. Also i am confused as to how the rear rocker cover is removed without pulling the motor. Only way i can see is to pull one front motor mount bolt, and the rear ones to let the motor pivot at the front thus lowering the rear cylinder?...any help would be appreciated....i was quoted appx. 10 hrs labor.

mike

Mike,

Tim is correct, my cams are NOT made by Andrews, or S&S. They are a different proifile then ANY other Victory cam out there and are designed to work based on exact flow rates and compressions of these motors. They will NOT work with high compression 08-09 bikes, they will work with high compression in the 02-07 bikes. The company that produces them was selected for their high degree of 4 valve head knowledge, no other V-Twin manufacture of cams can come close to producing what these guys do. I don't give cam specs because of 2 reasons, one I worked hard to get these to were they are and if someone wants them they can get them the hard way, by spending a few hours degreeing them, 2 why? They work, so what are specs going to do for someone? If you compare them to the other offerings you'll look at them and say this doesn't add up. these things are in the next ball park. And you'd be right, because we hit a home run with them.

The rear rocker cover gets removed by pulling the 2 bolts located behind the rear cylinder (there are 4 total) that hold the front frame section. Do this with the motor secured underneath, then grab a long pry bar and pry up the front frame section where you removed the bolts. Only an 1/8 of an inch is needed! remove the cover. This can be done with ALL the body work in place and I guess it saves 6-8 hours. IMO 4 hrs is an acceptable time period to swap out the cams in a 08 bike.
Lloyd
mkultra
Posted 2009-01-08 10:14 PM (#26367 - in reply to #25022)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Lloyd, All i can say is thanks for the answer. Not quite what i expected, but to the point. You have made my mind up. A bit more research and i will be ready. Its hard to come from the HD world into one that is a bit better (not as much B.S.), meaning people like yourself have to create good products partly because of being groundbreakers. Again i appreciate the info.

mike
david.terry
Posted 2009-01-10 12:38 PM (#26464 - in reply to #25022)

Cruiser

Madison, AL
I just got my bike off the dyno 116 hp 116 trq. Thanks to Tommy and the folks at JPM in Hopkinsville, KY.

Edited by david.terry 2009-01-10 12:52 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments David_TVisionDyno.pdf (54KB - 21 downloads)
david.terry
Posted 2009-01-10 4:15 PM (#26468 - in reply to #25022)

Cruiser

Madison, AL
Just came back from a ride, about 80 miles, so far my MPG has shoot back up to around 45 (going by the onboard computer). That was with me hitting the throttle a bit more than usual. The rain, wind, and wet conditions prevented me from extensive "testing" but the bike sounds and feels much different. I didn't need a dyno to tell me that there was more power being produced. For me the cams were well worth the investment.
TimS
Posted 2009-01-11 1:33 AM (#26475 - in reply to #26464)

Iron Butt

David,

Please tell us what you have done to your Vision (e.g. what cams, pistons, pipes, airbox, fuel controller, etc.) to get these numbers.

Congrats.

Tim

david.terry
Posted 2009-01-11 3:22 AM (#26476 - in reply to #25022)

Cruiser

Madison, AL
K&N with the all obstructions removed, Intake mod from Lloyd, cams from Lloyd, Power Commander, stage 1 exhaust upgrade, and Tommy the mechanic from JPM. Originally had theLloyd VFC but the mechanic, Tommy, wanted me to switch to the PC. Tommy has experience with the VFC from Lloyd and had no issue with it, but felt he could do more with the PC.

Just came back from another ride and the bike is louder and there isn't even a hint of popping on decels. Sounds much more like a V-twin than before. Tommy was going to go with Andrews cams and the one thing he is kicking himself for is not measuring the cams he put in my bike. Tommy also has a Vision and is pretty miffed that he doesn't have the one with the most HP, but, that will probably change soon. He will probably do more serious engine work than I would ever want.
TimS
Posted 2009-01-11 9:51 AM (#26484 - in reply to #26476)

Iron Butt

Dave,

What Victory map do you have installed, the base RECALL map for the Stage 1 RECALL map?

Thanks for the additional information.  It sounds like your updates turned out really well.

Sincerely,

Tim

Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-11 2:47 PM (#26504 - in reply to #26476)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Id love to know with your mods what MPG you are getting now... I know you probably wont know for a while. but im curious either way.
david.terry
Posted 2009-01-17 9:52 PM (#26923 - in reply to #25022)

Cruiser

Madison, AL
I have the Level 1 map. I don't know if Tommy tinkered with it. It has been to cold and windy for me to ride for any length of time lately. And it will probably be a few weeks before I'm done playing around with the new found performance. I did catch myself zipping around cars like a crotch rocket on a quick afternoon ride. That will have to stop, but it was fun. As soon I have an MPG estimate I'm comfortable with I'll post it. Right now since it has been to cold and windy to ride, I've started the bike up in the garage just to listen to the beautiful engine music. Beats anything on XM right now. One thing is that I do have to give it a little throttle to get it started in the cold. I don't know if this is normal since I've only had the bike since June. (8,000 on it so far).
coachwes
Posted 2009-01-24 10:33 PM (#27484 - in reply to #25022)

Puddle Jumper

savannah ga
well its my turn and kevin is going to hook me up next week. i will have a nice ride home and will post up about this upgrade as soon as i get in suday night . man i cant wait .
ScoreBo
Posted 2009-01-24 11:46 PM (#27485 - in reply to #25022)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
If you have a VFCIII, remember to send it back to Lloyd to be reprogrammed.
kevinx
Posted 2009-01-25 11:16 AM (#27501 - in reply to #27485)

Visionary

ScoreBo - 2009-01-24 11:46 PM

If you have a VFCIII, remember to send it back to Lloyd to be reprogrammed.

*LOL* since I am the one that discovered the short coming with the original unit; you can bet he will have the latest code in the VFC3.
Just to let everyone know though. Bikes with ANYT stage map can use the original VFC3 code. It is only bikes with STOCK maps that you can not get enough fuel on the job
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™