You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Battery Tender
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Squeak
Posted 2009-01-03 2:36 PM (#25973)
Subject: Battery Tender

Cruiser

Brighton, Colorado
I have my bike on a battery tender during the winter months. (-15 a couple of weeks ago). I noticed recently (I have an '09 premium tour) that when I come back from a ride (about an hour or so), and I hook up the battery tender, the red light stays on for half an hour or so before the green light kicks on. Is there that much juice drained from the battery after a quick ride? The dealer did a load test on it after I first bought it and things seemed fine. It turns over fine (even at -15 below), so I'm not sure why the light stays on so long. Should I be nervous?

greg
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2009-01-03 2:47 PM (#25974 - in reply to #25973)
Subject: RE: Battery Tender

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Sounds like you don't have a problem. I don't really watch my battery tender, but when I plug it in, even after a ride, it wll put a charge on the battery.
ruttrow
Posted 2009-01-03 6:02 PM (#25980 - in reply to #25973)
Subject: Re: Battery Tender

Cruiser

Illinois
In all my years of using a battery tender the same thing happens to me. Red light for 15-30 minutes and then goes green. IMO nothing to worry about.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-03 7:28 PM (#25989 - in reply to #25973)
Subject: Re: Battery Tender

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
my BT does the same thing on my 08 vision.. its normal
wjoel
Posted 2009-01-03 7:47 PM (#25990 - in reply to #25973)

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
With my 08 Vision & my battery tender, I don't connect the tender until the next day. When I connect it, the same thing occurs,red light on, then within minutes, the green light flashes, meaning
there is over an 80% charge already.
Squeak
Posted 2009-01-04 12:06 AM (#26015 - in reply to #25973)

Cruiser

Brighton, Colorado
Thanks EVERYBODY!!! I fell better. I don't normall use a battery tender, but when I bought this Vision and the one before it, the dealer set up all the wiring for me. I thought that since it was there, I should use it. Previously, I only had to use it when the battery wasn't strong enough to start the bike. I'm glad to see that what I'm experiencing is NORMAL. yeah!

Thanks to all.

greg
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™