You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Atom Bomb Exhaust
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Gray rider
Posted 2009-01-04 3:41 PM (#26047)
Subject: Atom Bomb Exhaust

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Does anyone out there have this exhaust? If so, how do you like it? Of the ones I've heard on the Utube videos, I think these sound the best. Also I've thied to find a site with more information, but have been unable to locate one.

Any help is appreciated.

2008 Steel Gray tourer comfort pkg.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Flatsix
Posted 2009-01-04 4:05 PM (#26049 - in reply to #26047)
Subject: RE: Atom Bomb Exhaust

Tourer

Fargo, ND

If you haven't been here, you may find some valuable info...

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1598&start=1&highlight=Atom+Bomb+Exhaust&highlightmode=1

Good Luck!

Lotzafun
Posted 2009-01-04 5:55 PM (#26052 - in reply to #26047)
Subject: Re: Atom Bomb Exhaust

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

They are only available thru this Ebay seller...nowhere else.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Modifiy-your-Victory-Vision-Mufflers...
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-04 6:40 PM (#26054 - in reply to #26047)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
yeah i seen him selling them on ebay.but there is no info on turn around time etc..
Gray rider
Posted 2009-01-04 6:57 PM (#26056 - in reply to #26047)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the feed back. Now I want to know about remapping. Necesary? I would assume so. If so, do you just a new map from Victory?
Lotzafun
Posted 2009-01-04 6:59 PM (#26057 - in reply to #26054)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

Gray rider - 2009-01-04 5:57 PM Thanks for the feed back. Now I want to know about remapping. Necesary? I would assume so. If so, do you just a new map from Victory?

No remap needed   

Arkainzeye - 2009-01-04 5:40 PM yeah i seen him selling them on ebay.but there is no info on turn around time etc..

Turn around time is fairly quick. I told the Bob to take his sweet time on mine 'cuz I didn't need them for at least two months. I paid him the begining of this past week and I received an email today saying I should have them on my doorstep by this coming Wed.

I would think if you did happen to need a quick turn-around all you need to do is let him know and I'm sure he will take care of ya.

Edited by Lotzafun 2009-01-04 7:02 PM
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-04 7:12 PM (#26058 - in reply to #26047)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
so if you leave the stock air filter in there you should NOT need remapped? i ask cause i was wondering about a decrease in back pressure.. see im not really looking for more power, im looking for sounds.. but i dont want to loose any power either from a decrease in back pressure and me not remapping.. this is really interesting to me.. thanks for any and all info
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-07 8:48 PM (#26289 - in reply to #26057)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
that would be so great to install them atombombs with out having to install a NEW map.. cause at this point im not looking for more power. just nice sound! ya know? that would be just great.. $200 + without having to buy a KIT at over $500

Lotzafun - 2009-01-04 6:59 PM

Gray rider - 2009-01-04 5:57 PM Thanks for the feed back. Now I want to know about remapping. Necesary? I would assume so. If so, do you just a new map from Victory?

No remap needed   

Arkainzeye - 2009-01-04 5:40 PM yeah i seen him selling them on ebay.but there is no info on turn around time etc..

Turn around time is fairly quick. I told the Bob to take his sweet time on mine 'cuz I didn't need them for at least two months. I paid him the begining of this past week and I received an email today saying I should have them on my doorstep by this coming Wed.

I would think if you did happen to need a quick turn-around all you need to do is let him know and I'm sure he will take care of ya.

Lotzafun
Posted 2009-01-08 1:28 PM (#26337 - in reply to #26047)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
No remap or anything needed if changing just the exhaust. However there is a chance that a slight case of poping/backfiring on downshifting/de-accellerating may happen. If its minor there don't worry about it. If it is a bit major (which I doubt) then a fuel controller can take care of it.

Now the next thing is to keep in mind that I'm going with a bit of limited knowledge. I mean I'm fairly confident with my answer, but not quite 100% though. I guess I'm answering in that as far as I know when replacing a muffler on a closed-loop system nothing else is needed.

Well...hopefully someone with same or more knowledge will step in here and confirm or adjust or show me wrong.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-08 10:16 PM (#26368 - in reply to #26047)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Hey Lotzafun, did you say you are getting the atombombs? if so can you share with me whats involved in removing the stock mufflers? What needs removed in order to remove the mufflers.
airguy
Posted 2009-01-08 10:35 PM (#26371 - in reply to #26337)

Cruiser

Hinton, Iowa
Lotzafun - 2009-01-08 12:28 PM

No remap or anything needed if changing just the exhaust. However there is a chance that a slight case of poping/backfiring on downshifting/de-accellerating may happen. If its minor there don't worry about it. If it is a bit major (which I doubt) then a fuel controller can take care of it.

Now the next thing is to keep in mind that I'm going with a bit of limited knowledge. I mean I'm fairly confident with my answer, but not quite 100% though. I guess I'm answering in that as far as I know when replacing a muffler on a closed-loop system nothing else is needed.

Well...hopefully someone with same or more knowledge will step in here and confirm or adjust or show me wrong.

I have stage 1 level 2 exhaust now. Can I run this exhaust with the map I have? or do I have to get a remap or fuel controler?

Ride safe, Mike
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-01-09 6:52 AM (#26384 - in reply to #26047)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
hey airguy i was wondering something of the same.. if you get the atombombs and since they are louder which victory map would you use if you have a high flow airfilter? stage1 level 1 OR stage 1level 2, which area does the AB's fall into? I want to run them in stock form, but when the time comes to replace the air filter id like to get the higher flowing K&N and then i would need remapped. but which map?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™