You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Saddle-bag cargo nets
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

witchbiker
Posted 2009-01-06 4:42 PM (#26191)
Subject: Saddle-bag cargo nets

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States
Anybody put these in yet? Directions are mediocre at best. I removed the bag covers, which made the job MUCH easier. Drilling the holes for the holding pins and stretching the nets was much easier, and putting the bag doors back on was only slightly difficult. There are 6, 10mm screws. You need a 10mm socket, and I used a 6" extension for 5 of the 6 screws. The back most screw behind the piston is at a bad angle, so I just used the socket right on the ratchet(no ext). Make sure you have a nice soft cushion to lay the cover on so you don't scratch it. Nets are good for gloves, soft boots, etc.

2008 'chrome-to-the-max' Vision Tour.
1980 FLH ElectraGlide...work-in-progress
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VaParadox
Posted 2009-01-06 6:58 PM (#26206 - in reply to #26191)
Subject: Re: Saddle-bag cargo nets

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
I just installed them about 3 weeks ago. They were a pain in the buttinsky to do I agree that the directions were overly simplified to the point of not making any sense. I started to remove the bag covers too then thought it was just a huge pain. I got my smallest drill and put the drill bit in as far as it would go, then held the drill from the inside of the compartment facing out to drill the holes. i was worried how such a small bag would stretch to fill that area... but it does ! I will have to say once the whining and bitching stopped and I had it done, they are great. Just have patience, and drink a couple beers before you start. otherwise you might start throwing stuff. ( apparently it seems simpler than changing out a head light bulb) LOL
david.terry
Posted 2009-01-06 7:53 PM (#26209 - in reply to #26191)

Cruiser

Madison, AL
I have had the bags for 7 months. During the summer heat the glue on the vecro came loose. I had to re-glue them down. One hole is a bit to large and the pin keeps comming out. I just need to get to the auto parts store and find a bigger replacement. They are nice to keep stuff in. I have the trunk bag as well.
spursmvp
Posted 2009-01-06 11:32 PM (#26225 - in reply to #26191)

Tourer

O'Neill, Nebraska
Reading this thread makes me glad I bought the 'luggage inserts.'
RedRider
Posted 2009-01-07 6:20 AM (#26230 - in reply to #26191)

Visionary

I have the inserts but the nets are nice for things you want to leave with the bike all the time.
I am lucky to have 90 degree chuck that attaches to my battery drill. It helped but being cold out at the time made things go slowly. Getting them fit tightly at the bottom curves doesn't seem right.
VaParadox
Posted 2009-01-07 11:53 PM (#26302 - in reply to #26191)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
came back curious at other posts on this my advice is get them, they are great but DONT expect a totally neat and pretty
install, the corners are hinky but thats the nature of trying to fit a sewn corner that stretches into a solid frame that doesnt. But unless you are Martha Stewart, you wont look at it that detailed, you'll just toss your wallet, keys, tool kit, gloves, condoms, tampons,
and be on your way. the saddle bag liner luggage is AWESOME got it from the inlaws for Christmas this year fit and finish VERY nice
Chief Waldo
Posted 2009-01-13 3:07 PM (#26606 - in reply to #26191)

Cruiser

When I installed my nets, I took the doors off. They came off a lot easier than it looked at first.
The one thing I would recommend is to take the nylon screws that come with the nets, and throw all of them but one in the garbage. Take that one to a hardware store and match it up with a very slightly larger metal screw. Buy the right number of metal screws and use them.

witchbiker
Posted 2009-01-15 9:31 AM (#26724 - in reply to #26606)

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States
Yep, them plastic screws do kinda suck!! A slightly smaller drill size would probably help, if you stay with the inserts and screws they supply. Going to a metal screw worked great. seemed to hold much better. I have at least 6 months to find out if the velcro glue will hold!!

2008 Vision Tour Black Cherry
There is no such thing as too much chrome!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™