You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

21 inch Evil Seven Ness wheel
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Codfather
Posted 2009-01-09 5:03 PM (#26411)
Subject: 21 inch Evil Seven Ness wheel

Cruiser

Im curious if anyone has issues with this wheel on there bike. Im been told by Ness that you should expect some wheel shake at around 47 miles per hour. That sounds sounds odd to me. Anyone have the wheels that have smooth performance at that speed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cdevon1200
Posted 2009-01-10 3:30 AM (#26446 - in reply to #26411)
Subject: Re: 21 inch Evil Seven Ness wheel

Puddle Jumper

going from a 18" wheel to a 21" wheel changes the "rake and trail" . i talked about this with "jim" a friend of mine in dallas and he said that a few things, like you"feel" could happen. ness said the taller tire raised the axle off the ground thus changing the trail. and handling/steering input. testining of this change showed no "really bad" out come. im still not happy with ness's opinion but i feel it is best. after all im the sole surviver of my own experiment with altering "rake & trail" after i lowered my sporty 3 inches by "sliding the forks" thru the trees. damn near killed me when it was time to turn at speed. there is some "black mojo" when making front end changes (wheel/tire cobos included) work. ness should have said that in the book that "for off road/show only". any one who knows this "black mojo" will agree. BUT its usually only "upon great changes" from stock that this will cause any harm (disclaimer inserted)- even the owners manual for your car/truck say's stick with the stock size tire. i assure you that i trust ness would not sell a product if they knew it would cause some sort of danger.(bites lip) without a disclaimer. i dont build frames/front ends, im not that smart. i trust the peeps that do that to be that smart for me... always have.
trust that "we" are doing everything we can to find and fix this. i even called "puppet" a fuel bike frame builder in east texas (only 35 plus years of building frames/bikes...) and asked him if this was an issue (drag bikes DONT HANDLE- go figure?- due to the extreeme rake/trail) anyhow he says "yes there should be some difference in handling at speed." added that "tank slappers are commen when extreem changes are made". but what we are chasing is not a tankslapper or extreem change.. and as expected, his advise was to go back to stock size wheel/tire combo... he can be reached at "weekend frame dot com" or something like that, i go thru gary larsons site, stripbike.com, im a member there. i trust puppets word like god. hes been doing it a long time he is a god in the fuel bike world, forgot more than any 45 year old tech at ness knows.,..... he says that its prolly just a minor "thing" or twitch and wont "hurt" anything, "some handling differences should be felt more at parking lot speeds should be felt due to the taller ride height"... but go back to stock to be 100% safe- (always stay within the book specs). im not saying that you should "forget" that this shake or (-2 for spelling) oscillation is there, it is ive felt it, im "guessin" that its a result of changing the trail (taller front tire- as im not an expert). "there is a price to pay for looks" i was once told. but all in all i am working this within and outside of the people involved. also keep in mind its not a softtial, thats been in production since 1984. there is lots to learn about it.
cdevon1200
Codfather
Posted 2009-01-10 9:08 AM (#26454 - in reply to #26411)
Subject: Re: 21 inch Evil Seven Ness wheel

Cruiser

cdevon Thanks for your reply it is helpful. Bruce
shane6727
Posted 2009-01-22 6:08 AM (#27269 - in reply to #26411)
Subject: RE: 21 inch Evil Seven Ness wheel

Cruiser

I have had this wheel on for about a year with no shake at any speed, been very happy with the wheel all in all.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™