You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

CC vs Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

jimtom
Posted 2016-07-22 9:28 AM (#186620)
Subject: CC vs Vision

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
OK, I rode a 2011 Cross Country yesterday for about 70 miles. Keep in mind , I'm comparing with older model Visions with more miles. This bike has less than 6,000 miles! Things I like ;

1.Let's start with the obvious, The bags are amazing! I sometimes have to roll, fold, or stuff items in the small cubbies of my Vision. The Cross Country bags are so cavernous (class leading). I just dropped my jacket in, no rolling, folding or stuffing.

2.The radio is better than my Visions. Louder and better clarity. For whatever reason, I could hear it better in the wind , which is confusing because there is more wind, we'll talk about that later.

3.its the first time I have ridden a bike equipped with the tranny gear redesign, straight cut to helicoil cut (2011 and up). The gears don't hammer into position like pre-2011 models. Very smooth. Pre 2011 trannys are fine just noisier. Also, as much as I ride, I would enjoy that this gear redesign moved the recommended oil change interval from 2,500 miles out to 5,000 miles.

4.this one had the trunk added but still felt noticeably lighter.

5. driver seat was actually better than I expected, not as good as the Vision but good enough.

6. Cruise engagement was more instantaneous and fluid than my Visions. It never surged and the split second you engage it, that's where it locks. My Vision seems to lose 2 or 3 MPH from the moment you hit the cruise button.

7. The CC is aesthetically pleasing. Wheels are nice, nice front fender with that fish hook cut at the end. Good lines overall. Paint is good and nice two tone scheme, very tasteful. I love the way the forward facing angular bars look from the saddle. It gives it an aggressive stance. I love the LED turn, running and brake lighting.

8. Headlight was adequate. Being a Vision owner with the arsenal of lighting that it has , I was expecting to be disappointed in the lighting, not so.

9. brakes are better than my Visions.

10. Lean angle is better than most cruisers, but not as good as the Vision.

11. Much less engine heat (blessing and a curse depending on the season) on the legs during summer with the open highway bars.

12. the inverted forks are at the very least cool to look at. for me, The difference in feel of them and conventional forks on my Visions is negligible

What I didn't like:

1.My reach to the bars is farther away than my Vision causing me to lean slightly forward. I think it would cause fatigue after 12-16 hour day of riding.

2.The trunk: had no interior lighting. Some finish issues on the interior overall.Some paint over spray around the inner rim.

3. No power windshield. Yes, I'm spoiled by the Vision here. Sometimes situations or moods call for me to look through my shield, other times I want to look over it.

4.wind Buffeting around the face/helmet is markedly more pronounced on the CC. again , this would invite fatigue much sooner on trips.

5. wind pressure against your lower legs at speed. You can really feel the resistance as you pick you leg up to shift or brake.

6. there is nowhere to put anything up front. no glove box , no real dash to put a little bag on.

7. I don't like the key on the side, I prefer it on top Vision style.

8. Cable actuated clutch. Vision has hydraulic/cable hybrid, much less prone to break.

9. CC doesn't manage the elements as well as the Vision. Vision lower fairing design coupled with the factory winglets , Again , you are noticeably warmer in the summer and winter on the Vision so, blessing and curse, but the Vision does a better job managing wind and rain. The Vision puts it's rider in a still pocket of air.

(Cross Country 2011.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Cross Country 2011.jpg (62KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
j.wales
Posted 2016-07-22 7:47 PM (#186628 - in reply to #186620)
Subject: Re: CC vs Vision

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
Thanks JimTom. Staying on my Vision until Rolls Royce developes a turbine powered supercharged bike.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-07-22 8:37 PM (#186630 - in reply to #186620)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Is it true , beside the clutch , but the vision is the only one with a steering lock ?

I noticed when I went from my 08 to 11 vision the radio difference was big time!!!
jimtom
Posted 2016-07-23 5:37 AM (#186639 - in reply to #186630)

Visionary

I don't know about the steering lock or not for a CC but I will say , in 152,000 miles of riding Visions all over the place, I have never locked my steering.
jimtom
Posted 2016-07-23 5:38 AM (#186640 - in reply to #186628)

Visionary

j.wales - 2016-07-22 7:47 PM

Thanks JimTom. Staying on my Vision until Rolls Royce developes a turbine powered supercharged bike.

Staying on my Vision too. There is nothing else out there as far as my wife and I am concerned.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-07-23 9:16 AM (#186641 - in reply to #186639)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
jimtom - 2016-07-23 5:37 AM

I don't know about the steering lock or not for a CC but I will say , in 152,000 miles of riding Visions all over the place, I have never locked my steering.

i lock my steering each and every time i am away from the bike because years ago i had a prank played on me.. but i didnt know it was a prank... friends put my bike in N and push it around the corner... i came out and had a heart attack! (well not really but i $hit my pants to say the least) and not saying a steering lock will totally prevent 900lbs bike from being stolen... but it wont make it as easy to push onto a trailer and drive away.. and i also lock it to protect the stuff i have in the glove box.

i did find it weird that victory only put a steering lock on the vision as well as the Hydraulic clutch ..
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2016-07-23 10:24 AM (#186642 - in reply to #186620)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
later model X-bikes now come with a steering lock. Early models didn't.
rdbudd
Posted 2016-07-23 10:35 AM (#186643 - in reply to #186640)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
jimtom - 2016-07-23 5:38 AM

j.wales - 2016-07-22 7:47 PM

Staying on my Vision too. There is nothing else out there as far as my wife and I am concerned.

We did about the same thing, except we did an apples to apples comparison between our Vision and a brand new Cross Country Tour with the fairing lowers. We were excited about the prospect of having larger, easier to use saddlebags. Bottom line, the CCT has the advantage in the luggage department, but falls short everywhere else. We also tried out a new Vision. Not any meaningful improvements that would cause me to trade my 2008 Tour Premium for one. In fact, some things have changed for the worse. We are keeping our 2008 Vision until somebody somewhere comes out with something better.

Ronnie
varyder
Posted 2016-07-23 1:10 PM (#186644 - in reply to #186620)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I wrestled a few times, and was ready to lay down some ink for either another Vision or a Dark Horse. I asked myself why with my 2008 still running strong at nearly 200,000 miles on it. So I put the ink to good use for a sub-compact tractor instead. I'm going to get a bonnet Indian head and put fringe on the side boards and call it my Indian.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-09-03 7:43 PM (#188722 - in reply to #186642)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Speaking of steering locks . https://youtu.be/HB5xpJXHFik
donetracey
Posted 2016-09-04 12:06 AM (#188723 - in reply to #186620)
Subject: RE: CC vs Vision

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

The crowds that still gather around my VISION (and no other bike draws like that) tell me that my 8 year old VISION is still the BEST bike for ME and it still beats ANY of the other bikes by YEARS. I HATE it when bike designers seem drawn to making their new bike look like an antique. Imagine what CAR sales would be like if we still made 1948 Fords. I owned 23 bikes - and the VISION is the FIRST made in USA bike - because every American bike looked like it was designed to hunt Germans with GI's on board. For example - my Yamaha VIRAGOs at 750cc or 1100cc would whip the crap out of any HD - and out-stop and out-handle them. And they could look nice - here is my last bike before the VISION.... 

(ViragoAndMe.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ViragoAndMe.jpg (193KB - 0 downloads)
RoteBarron
Posted 2016-09-04 2:54 PM (#188729 - in reply to #186620)

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, WY United States
I've not ridden a CC and stayed away from the "harley look" it sports. Not saying it's a bad bike it just looks to much like all the other "harley lookalike bikes" on the road.. Now, if VIC would just take a hint from Max Ness IMHO we could have the very best of both worlds! One other small thing though....I could go for a 48 ford coupe.......just sayin ;-)

Edited by RoteBarron 2016-09-04 2:57 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-09-05 6:34 PM (#188752 - in reply to #186620)

Visionary

I love the vision it turns sharper then a CC I think the vision is faster and yes it doesn't hold as much luggage. For the life of me I don't understand Polaris/Victory not up grading the vision or the CC
jimtom
Posted 2016-09-06 6:05 AM (#188764 - in reply to #188729)

Visionary

RoteBarron - 2016-09-04 2:54 PM

I've not ridden a CC and stayed away from the "harley look" it sports. Not saying it's a bad bike it just looks to much like all the other "harley lookalike bikes" on the road.. Now, if VIC would just take a hint from Max Ness IMHO we could have the very best of both worlds! One other small thing though....I could go for a 48 ford coupe.......just sayin ;-)

I have stayed away from the sheeple , "me too" bikes also. You can't sling a dead cat around here and not hit someone on a black street glide lol!
I like something different (enter the Vision). Having said that, if Ford built a neo-classic 48 coupe, I would get in line for that. Why? It would be radically different that what 99.9% of motorists are droning around in. I do understand what you are saying though.

Edited by jimtom 2016-09-06 6:05 AM
Sergbutton
Posted 2016-09-06 6:43 AM (#188765 - in reply to #188752)

Puddle Jumper

Eldersburg, MD United States
Other than the Vision, Victory is following the Harley business Model for the touring bikes.

If you look at a well kept 1999 Ultra and compare it to a 2013 Model you would be hard press to immediately tell the difference.

Even the new Harley's are not a huge departure in design.

Victory designed a great bike from the get go with the Freedom 106 and the Chassis that is easily one of the best out there.

Harley may be coming up with a New chassis in 09 and a new engine every couple of years, but that is to try and keep up with the pressure from Victory, Indian and the customers.

I'm proud to say that my Victory Motorcycle helped Harley become a better version of itself.

The reality is that my Vision can not compete with a Harley Touring bike in Sales, Popularity or sound (even though I like the sound of my bike) because they really are not apples to apples comparison.

Even the CC with it's more Classic design is not going to build what Harley has built over 100+ years in just 20 years.

But I can say that American Motorcycles are making me proud, and Harley-Davidson is in large part why Victory was created.

Every time I see a Harley, I'm grateful that they were in part responsible for the great bike that I ride today.
varyder
Posted 2016-09-06 12:09 PM (#188773 - in reply to #186620)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
My sentiments exactly, Randy. I hear more talk about how comfortable the Harley is now. When I started to ride my Vision 9 years ago there was very little talk of comfort with a Harley. At least they are paying attention some. Victory still does not sell culture with their bikes, I think this is essential given the history of motorcycling the begin with. Indian comes out the door with culture, otherwise the old Indian die-hards would snub the new ride. The first thing Indian pushes is the DNA to the original is there. They make no mention that the 15 years of making Victory's, Polaris could jump on this bandwagon and pull it off building a great bike. So I say the modern Indian has a lot of Victory DNA, but, ssssshhhh, not say that.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™