You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New Fuel Float
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

johnnyvision
Posted 2016-07-23 5:58 PM (#186652)
Subject: New Fuel Float

Visionary

Am no gueroui on fuel pumps but learned a lot. Replacing the fuel float was not that bad.

When you pull a vision a part and find all the tabs for body alignment and how they bolt the parts together it takes my breath away thinking how smart these guys are. In the 8 hours I labored over this project I learned something and things I didn't need to do.

So I saved myself $800 bucks for sure. 

There is a metal locking washer that didn't come with the float. You have to pry it off and that means getting something under this flat washer. Out of the hundreds of tools I have and none of them worked I wound up using a table fork to get under it and pry with a lot of force.

Getting the fuel pump inn was scary. It would not sit down in the tank. I didn't know I had to force it down.I used a Ford model A gas tank float. Ask for the flat locking washer when getting the part.

(open hole.jpg)

(IMG_20160715_144802937_HDR.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments open hole.jpg (225KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IMG_20160715_144802937_HDR.jpg (70KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kenhiggins
Posted 2016-07-24 12:14 PM (#186657 - in reply to #186652)
Subject: Re: New Fuel Float

Cruiser

Montreal, QC Canada
As long as you have the bike stripped down, put in 2 new headlights to save the hassle later!!! Had to do mine 3 times in 8 years. Still a pain in the a** every time I do it.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-07-24 5:12 PM (#186659 - in reply to #186652)
Subject: Re: New Fuel Float

Visionary

kenhiggins

you can'r see the writing on the side of the gas tank. But the day after I bought the bike I put in the blue headlight bulbs. They come with a 1 year guarantee will one year to the date they failed. So I went to auto parts store and asked for long life H-4's that was 5 years ago and still burning bright.
Thanks any how
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™