You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Heard On The Street Is A Lie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-01 5:34 PM (#187944)
Subject: Heard On The Street Is A Lie

Visionary

This is what was printed. Its not corect its a lie 

"If correctly tensioned before removing the rear tire, a newly replaced belt will automatically re-tension after the rear tire is reinstalled."

Top of the page Bottom of the page
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2016-08-02 7:30 AM (#187950 - in reply to #187944)
Subject: RE: Heard On The Street Is A Lie

Cruiser

Be nice if it was true. Reminds me of the Indian book I was reading at the dealer yesterday while waiting for a new set of tires to get mounted on the Vision. One of the early Indians...I don't remember the particular model...anyway it wasn't a good seller and one of the most glaring reasons was because it had NO drive chain adjustment. The company addressed that issue by telling the anxious public that the chains were "prestretched".

Got to love Yankee ingenuity.
SteveS
Posted 2016-08-02 9:46 PM (#187954 - in reply to #187944)
Subject: RE: Heard On The Street Is A Lie

Cruiser

Danbury, Connecticut
If you follow the factory procedure and don't touch the adjuster and make sure the axle draws the adjuster tight the tension has been right on the money every time for me. I just got done doing the rear for the fifth time. It is possible to tighten the axle nut without the adjuster nuts being firmly seated against the swing arm-that would be the only reason for variance if done according to procedure. I only adjusted my belt once since new and that was to get it in alignment and stop the annoying squeak.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-03 5:17 PM (#187975 - in reply to #187944)
Subject: Re: Heard On The Street Is A Lie

Visionary

SteveS

its says NEW BELT all belt stretch after 500 miles. Theyt. all don't stretch the same amount
SteveS
Posted 2016-08-03 5:54 PM (#187976 - in reply to #187975)
Subject: Re: Heard On The Street Is A Lie

Cruiser

Danbury, Connecticut
Johnny, I've seen that scroll by so many times I thought it was referencing tire replacement. My apologies for not going back and reading the full context. After re-reading it, IF what the author means is that the purpose of removing the wheel is for belt replacement then I'd have to disagree with the author and agree with your statement. Replacement belt isn't likely to start out the same size as the worn old belt. IF the wheel is being removed for a purpose other than belt replacement, the belt was replaced recently but not right now, then then the adjustment would be right after the wheel reinstall if it was, as stated, correct before wheel removal. The wording could be a bit clearer. Perhaps you can furnish JediJeff with some interesting factoids that he can add into the rotation.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™