You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Changes are coming to the Victory Riders Network
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

johnnyvision
Posted 2016-09-02 6:30 PM (#188707)
Subject: Changes are coming to the Victory Riders Network

Visionary

(Title edited by administration for clarity - mkb)

?

Found this email today?

?

Hello,

? ? First THANK YOU! ?to all those who have used and supported the Victory-Riders Network here on the Ning Social platform. Due to a recent rate increase (150%.. yes you read that correctly) Ning is no longer a cost effective option for our little club. However EVERY attempt will be made to move everything to a new host.

? ? In light of finding a new home, if you would take a moment to tell us your favorite feature here on Ning, or a feature you would like to see, please let us know. ?We'll try to incorporate the most used and requested features into the new platform.

? ? Additionally, we are considering combining all of the model specific Riders Sites into a more social environment and would really like to hear your suggestions for features. It has not gone un-noticed that the majority of members on the this Ning platform are from Australia and?New Zealand and very few from here use the Victory Riders forums. ?If there is a particular feature or aspect that has kept you from the forums sites, or kept you on Ning, let us know. ? We encourage you to check out the?Victory Riders sites.? ?While the most popular is thewww.Vision-Riders.com?site, it is integrated with ?www.Hammer-Riders.com,?www.Vegas-Riders,com?,?www.Cross-Riders.com?and?www.Kingpin-Riders.com?. ?

? ? Finally,?In an effort to assist, please ensure you have backup copies of any photo or video from Ning so you can upload it to the new site if necessary. ? ?If you do have backup, deleting photo's or video content that you no longer wish to host here would make it easier for us to migrate to the new site. ?

? ? ?Again, every attempt will be made to move all content to the new site wherever it may be and as we have to move anyway, we really want to hear your suggestions and comments, what you do and don't like about the current offering so we can hopefully not just move, but also improve.

?

The Victory Riders Network Team

Jeff Martini

Miles-Kevin Baron

?

Visit Victory Riders Network at:?http://vrnetwork.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

Top of the page Bottom of the page
cw1115
Posted 2016-09-02 7:16 PM (#188708 - in reply to #188707)
Subject: Re: This Forum Might Change or Be gone

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I received the same email. The way I read it it's the VRA site being shut down. The email recommended this site. :-)
Miles
Posted 2016-09-03 12:13 PM (#188720 - in reply to #188707)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
It's referring to tbe Ning based social network portion of the Victory Riders Network. Victory-riders.com. Mostly used by our friends downunder.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2016-09-03 7:02 PM (#188721 - in reply to #188707)
Subject: RE: This Forum Might Change or Be gone

Cruiser

First of all let me say that I've seen me in action so I know much of the "trouble" I have on this site is probably me BUT...I've always thought that it's been too hard to post pictures in here. Other than that I find it easy to navigate and do most other things I like to do in order to keep up with anything that I might find useful concerning my Vision.

I'd recommend looking at Dephi forums (if there is a savings to be had). I've been involved...at least until I got back to Michigan a few years ago to take care of a parent...in several forums over there and have always had good luck and found it easier to use. I've always wanted to see a Victory specific site in Dephi too. Just my personal opinion and again, I may have more trouble than most because I'm not the brightest bulb...yada yada yada...
Miles
Posted 2016-09-04 4:45 AM (#188724 - in reply to #188707)

Tourer

Oh, and to be clear, NO ONE even remotely hinted at shutting down. This message was sent only to those who are current members of the Ning social network site accessed via victory-riders.com. We just need to move the site to another technology platform as over the past 10 years the current one has shifted it's focus and is no longer cost effective. Vision-Riders and the other model sites, may be improved but they arent really affected.
Miles
Posted 2016-09-04 11:25 PM (#188732 - in reply to #188707)

Tourer

johnnyvision - 2016-09-02 6:30 PM 

Hey johnnyvision, do you mind if we change the title of this thread?  I'd hate for a rumor to be needlessly started.  This is strictly a case of the Ning platform, that started our FREE... jumping their rates astronomically and actually curtailing the services they provide.   We want to give our users what they want so unlike other sites that tell you what you want... we decided to ask.

Thanks... also kinda curoius why you posted this here and not on the site from where you recieved the message?

Anyway, I didn't just want to go edit someones post, but I would like your permission to change this one to something like "Changes are coming to the Victory Riders Network" or something along those lines..

Thanks again,

Miles

johnnyvision
Posted 2016-09-05 6:25 PM (#188751 - in reply to #188732)

Visionary

cause I didn't understand the email 

It was like a highschool drop out wrote it 

Miles
Posted 2016-09-05 10:54 PM (#188762 - in reply to #188751)

Tourer

johnnyvision - 2016-09-05 6:25 PM

cause I didn't understand the email?

It was like a highschool drop out wrote it?

Well that's a bit insulting, but I do appreciate the input just the same. As always we are open to suggestions.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™