You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Computer Question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Bearcat
Posted 2009-01-19 2:32 PM (#27026)
Subject: Computer Question

Cruiser

Prescott Valley, AZ
Okay I've asked around and nobody I've talked to seems to have an answer so here ya go.... Since I got the bike in Nov 07 I have been trying to see how long I can go between fillups, not a big deal, just something I wanted to know. As we all know the last option listed on the info display is the elasped timer. Mine seems to zero itself whenever it gets a mind to do so all by itself!!!! Sometimes I get as long as 5 plus hours on the timer before restarting the bike only to find it is back to zero with no input from my finger! Another time it zeroed itself in less than an hour, I'd been out riding and stopped for a refreshment, when I started the bike the timer was back to zero! Yesterday I did a "long" ride of 340 miles and the timer stayed true all day long. I zeroed everything when I gassed up that morning and away I went, got home late that afternoon and looked at the timer and it showed 6 hours, 4 minutes. Wouldn't you know it, I go out this morning to go to work and EVERYTHING other than the milage, trip 1 and trip 2, was at ZERO!!!!
I mention this to the "engineer" at Arizona Bike Week last February and he said "I've never heard of that" but he would "look into it", yea right!!! There is no ryhme or reason as to when it resets that I can see. I can live with the inacurate temp readings under 30 degrees, that is no biggy (although considering where the bike is built you'd think thery could get that right!). But I'd sure like to hear a REASONABLE answer as to why the timer function has a mind of its own!

Ride Safe, Ride Often!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2009-01-19 4:18 PM (#27030 - in reply to #27026)
Subject: Re: Computer Question

Visionary

When the speedo was replaced on my '99 for the recall it would not stay at zero when I reset the trip. I took it back to Higgins who did the recall and they replaced it with another and it's been fine since. I know it's not the same bike. Also I remember Lloyd telling me the tach could be off cause of a low battery.
Just a couple of thoughts, hope it gets fixed for you.

Maybe Taylor built the thermometer? I replaced my old one on the side of my house and it would read 20 degrees warmer below zero degrees. I took it back to Ace and they knew about the false reading and the replacement is still a couple degrees off. I just want to know if I should wear long johns or briefs??
varyder
Posted 2009-01-19 4:39 PM (#27033 - in reply to #27026)
Subject: RE: Computer Question

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Bearcat, yeah I've had that problem, the only thing is I've not given much thought to it really because when I use the timer, I forget and that itself defeats the purpose. When I went to Texas and back it never reset it reset itself when I was trying to use and that defeated the purpose. So the ryhme or reason, I think maybe comes from resetting the trip meter and how long you hold it, I don't know, but that would be a start. I've not read the book about the logic but maybe we should and see what it says for starters. I just wanted to chime in so you know you're not out in space on the spaceship Vision.
ElroyJ
Posted 2009-01-20 5:53 PM (#27133 - in reply to #27026)
Subject: RE: Computer Question

Tourer

Centennial, CO
Bearcat,

I have not had a problem with mine in the least. It has never done what you are saying nor have I had a problem resetting it manually.

I would take it to your dealer and tell them to fix it.

GL

Jimmy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™