You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Anyone going to IMS in Long Beach this weekend?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

TimS
Posted 2007-12-03 10:16 PM (#2477)
Subject: Anyone going to IMS in Long Beach this weekend?

Iron Butt

All,

Is anyone going to IMS in Long Beach this weekend? I am heading down on Saturday to look at some heated clothing liners and other gear.

Hope to see you there at the Victory booth.

Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-04 10:07 AM (#2486 - in reply to #2477)
Subject: Re: Anyone going to IMS in Long Beach this weekend?

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
TimS, I'm hoping to pick up my Vision this weekend or I would be down there. Looking at doing something at Cooks Corner soon, would like to get SoCal bubbas together and talk Victory Visions and quench a thurst. You in? It's about 2 hrs from where I'm at now...
TimS
Posted 2007-12-04 11:31 AM (#2490 - in reply to #2486)

Iron Butt

I am up for weekend rides. During the week is pretty hard with work.

I went on 2 toy rides last weekend. There were 3 Visions between the 2 rides.

I am on the LA/Ventura county line, but am willing to ride.

Good luck with your new bike. You are going to be in for a real treat.

Mine is going in tonight and should be back by the weekend for the IMS ride.

Tim
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-04 11:42 AM (#2492 - in reply to #2477)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
Have you done the Tiajuana Toy Run from San Diego? I've done it for 3 years straight. Won't be making it this year. It's a great ride into Mexico.
TimS
Posted 2007-12-04 1:50 PM (#2498 - in reply to #2492)

Iron Butt

Nope, did the Kids-2-Kids run and the Santa Barbara toy run.

I would like to do Mexico, but am a bit paranoid about the "tolls".

Tim
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-04 2:52 PM (#2500 - in reply to #2477)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
no tolls. One unwrapped toy gets you in. You can get mexico insurance if you want also. As long as you stay with the groups of bikes, and leave before sundown (or when bikes start leaving), or when Revolution avenue bikes start leaving, you have no worries (I've never stayed past sundown). The Federalies watch the event very closely, and since we are giving toys to THEIR children, and doing the tourist thing, they make sure all goes well for the Americans. Revolution avenues has both sides filled with bikes as far as the eye can see as well as the center line with two rows of parking. They close the street down for the event. The Federalies block all roads (road guards) while bikes filter into the event. It's the safest I've ever felt in Mexico. Really awesome event.
Travelin Man
Posted 2007-12-04 3:24 PM (#2502 - in reply to #2492)

Iron Butt

BUCKEYE - 2007-12-04 10:42 AM

Have you done the Tiajuana Toy Run from San Diego? I've done it for 3 years straight. Won't be making it this year. It's a great ride into Mexico.

Buckeye do you know if the new federal passport restrictions are going to affect this that run? It's not like I'm going to make it from the Chicago area down there to do the toy run, just interested because I've been told that you now need a passport to get back into the US from either Canada or Mexico.
BUCKEYE
Posted 2007-12-04 4:31 PM (#2507 - in reply to #2477)

Iron Butt

29 Palms California
I don't think it will be an issue. Then again, I'm not 100% sure. Last 3 times I went, we just showed I.D. at the border. We had an established lane for just the bikes, and it had miles of bikes working their way home during and after the event. Most of the kids within SoCal and N.Mexico area get a great Christmas, because of the bikers. What a hoot! I would think they might issue something when you register for the event in San Diego. Probably right next to the "day" bike insurance booth. Just guessing.
TimS
Posted 2007-12-05 7:37 PM (#2566 - in reply to #2502)

Iron Butt

Travelin' Man - 2007-12-04 3:24 PM

BUCKEYE - 2007-12-04 10:42 AM

Buckeye do you know if the new federal passport restrictions are going to affect this that run? It's not like I'm going to make it from the Chicago area down there to do the toy run, just interested because I've been told that you now need a passport to get back into the US from either Canada or Mexico.

Tell that to the millions of illegal aliens in CA. They just keep coming and I doubt very seriously they have any passports !!!
cjnoho
Posted 2007-12-05 9:13 PM (#2567 - in reply to #2477)

Visionary

So Cal
My aunt went on a cruise to mexico this year and she needed a passport. Would put a damper on the whole run. Not fond of going into mexico anyway.

Bike goes in for 500 mi service sat. If all goes well I might try to get to long beach on sun.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™