You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Radiantz LED's won't work properly
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

V-rodder
Posted 2016-10-03 9:13 AM (#189163)
Subject: Radiantz LED's won't work properly

Cruiser

Hello,

I am finally getting around to installing the Radiantz LED boards into my front and rear turnsignals.  These are the MBW ones that Radiantz made for them, and now sells themselves.  I have a 2011 with auto cancelling turnsignals.  Radiantz sent me a new flasher unit to replace the stock one so the LED's flash properly.  Well they don't.  When I plug the front LED"s into the outer plugs, the turns just blink on the dash and nothing else.  If I plug the left side into the inner plug, the front right and left rear will work.  Radiantz sent me a new flasher, but it acts the exact same as the previous one.

I met a vision owner at Myrtle Beach Bike week with a 2012, and he said he used a witchdoctors Load Equalizer with the OEM flasher and his works fine.  Why won't the Radiantz flasher specifically designed for these LED's work?  Anyone with any clear info on this?  

Thanks,

Jim

Top of the page Bottom of the page
92cmark
Posted 2016-10-03 9:53 AM (#189165 - in reply to #189163)
Subject: Re: Radiantz LED's won't work properly

Puddle Jumper

got same problem going to go equalizer bought new flasher no help there
V-rodder
Posted 2016-10-03 10:18 AM (#189166 - in reply to #189163)

Cruiser

Just spoke with Radiantz, they have no idea why there flasher doesn't work properly... of course. They did say the problem sounds like a load eq issue. Going to order the witchdoctor one and see what happens. Just hate to have to use one as they get hot and you loose the load benefits of the LED's.

Jim
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-10-03 4:50 PM (#189167 - in reply to #189163)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Hopefully they aren't made by the same people
V-rodder
Posted 2016-10-03 6:41 PM (#189169 - in reply to #189163)

Cruiser

Solved the problem with the Radiantz Flasher. Seems the male plugs from the LED boards only work when plugged into the female bike plugs in a specific orientation. The LED plugs will insert into the female plug 180 degrees in either direction. I discovered this when I kept getting different results while plugging and unplugging them. I unplugged the rear and concentrated on the front since there is only one plug on each front side. On the front, the LED male plug inserts into the outer bike plug on each side respectfully (there are two front OEM plugs, and inner and outer). I had one side working fine right off the bat. I took the side not working and removed it's male LED plug, rotated it 180 degrees, and plugged it back in. Voila it worked.

I plugged the rears in and neither worked. I started playing around by rotating each male LED plug until I got the rears to work. The running lights need to be working before you can get the brake/turn working. It's a bit of trial and error, however they work fine now with no load eq. Just the radiantz flasher. I haven't got the bike back together to double check that the cruise control turns off when the brakes are applied, but seeing that all functions work now that should as well... hopefully. LoL

I will contact Radiantz and let them know about this issue. Not sure if it's a polarity issue or what.
eotsis1
Posted 2016-10-04 8:14 AM (#189173 - in reply to #189169)

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
V-rodder - 2016-10-03 6:41 PM
Not sure if it's a polarity issue or what.

Maybe it's a polaris issue. They should polarize ALL their connectors. Speaker connectors are the same way.
RMD
Posted 2017-06-14 8:25 PM (#192000 - in reply to #189163)

Puddle Jumper

Boise, ID
I know this is an older thread, but I am looking for some help with the Radiantz LED's. I am not particularly mechanically inclined so please forgive me if my terminology or understanding is wrong. I ordered both the front and rear led boards from Chrome Glow. They arrived in good shape and last weekend a friend and I dug into the bike to remove all four lenses, disassemble them, install the boards, silicone everything back up and wait for them to dry. I tested the boards before installing them and had power to all of them. Now that they are installed, I can't get all the functions to work properly. All 4 light up with running lights. I can get action on the rear lights with the brakes and I have programmed them and they work properly. If I turn on the hazard switch I get a right turn signal action in the rear and the front, but nothing on the left. When I use the turn signal control I get no response from any of the 4 boards - left or right. I have tried all the different polarity combinations I can come up with. I also purchased the Flasher Module and it doesn't seem to make a difference whether I use it or not. If I used the OEM Flasher there is a fairly loud beeping/screeching noise.

I have called Radiantz and after some troubleshooting and discussion the advice was this: I should have never purchased the Flasher Module - it's not needed on this bike. I need a load resistor to make the lights function for turn signal action. I have to be careful where I put this load resistor because it gets very hot.

I'm sorry for the long post, but wanted to include as much information as I could. If anyone has any advice or, better yet, a similar experience and could share with me how they resolved it I would be appreciative.
bbrist
Posted 2017-06-15 5:25 AM (#192001 - in reply to #189163)

Cruiser

You need the flasher module they sell at Radiantz for 60.00, I had same problem., They (MBW) at the time sent me another flasher unit and it worked as advertised.
V-rodder
Posted 2017-06-15 7:26 AM (#192002 - in reply to #189163)

Cruiser

The LED's have a polarity to them. Meaning which way you plug them into your stock harness makes a difference. You need to play around with flipping them 180 degrees until they start working properly. Once you get one signal working (ie front rt, front lf, etc) move on to the others. I had the same crazy seemingly random functions. Radiantz told me the same thing, I needed a load equalizer. I didn't want one due to the heat. So I played around with it until I realized the LED's function differently if I flipped the plug around.

The stock bulbs do not care how you plug them in. Since the stock harness isn't keyed, you can plug in one way or 180 degrees. The LED's care which way you plug them in. So it's a process of elimination. Work on the front and get them working. They are easier due to the fact there are less plugs. Then work on the back. Use the flasher provided. You should be fine. Let me know if you have any other quesitons. BTW I called Radiantz and told them about this. They were supposed to note that in their records but apparently they did not.
RMD
Posted 2017-06-15 12:50 PM (#192004 - in reply to #189163)

Puddle Jumper

Boise, ID
Thank you for the responses, bbrist and V-rodder. It sounds like possibly the flasher module I have could be bad, although Radiantz didn't mention that possibility. I do have the new flasher module that I ordered with the led boards, but I get the same results with it plugged in or not. I have also tried all the polarity options I can think of, but I will try more/again and see if I can hit on the correct combination. I have also ordered a load resistor from Radiantz at their suggestion (it's only $5) to see if that can possibly resolve this. Radiantz does mention the polarity issue in their instructions so that's why I had tried to make that adjustment already. Thanks again for the responses - much appreciated.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™