You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Belt replacement
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Gray rider
Posted 2009-01-21 8:57 PM (#27250)
Subject: Belt replacement

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
The book says to replace the drive belt at 30K miles? My Harley riding friend had 78K miles on his bike when he sold it, original belt with no problems. Why do we need to replace the belt so soon?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
donetracey
Posted 2009-01-21 9:12 PM (#27251 - in reply to #27250)
Subject: Re: Belt replacement

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Belts don't wear out if you don't put any horsepower into them - aka Harley. Also, dealers don't make any money.....
VisionTex
Posted 2009-02-10 10:36 PM (#28019 - in reply to #27251)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
This tread lost some posts today, so I thought I would bring it back up. I will be replacing the belt at 30000 miles, because I bought a service agreement when I bought the bike. I probably wouldn't do it if I had not bought the agreement. The important thing is that you do an inspection of the belt and do it often. Stone bruises are common and can cause the belt to break. I had to replace the belt on my Kingpin due to a stone bruise that almost punched a hole all the way through the belt.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2009-02-14 11:21 PM (#28303 - in reply to #27250)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Hey VisionTex, i was just wondering why would having the... oh wait maybe i read wrong. do you have a service agreement or a warranty? I was just about to ask you why would you feel it neccessary to replace the belt because you have a warranty, but then i noticed you said you purchased the service agreement.. What is that?
VisionTex
Posted 2009-02-15 12:33 PM (#28323 - in reply to #28303)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
The service agreement I have is with the dealer I purchased the Vision. It covers all the scheduled service for the bike for three years or 30,000 miles, which ever occurs first. Everything the manual says to do for the bike up to and including the 30,000 mile service was paid for up front. It was a bargan considering the cost of paying for it as it came. It cost me ~$1100. The cost of the 15000 miles service at my dealer is ~$680, the 30000 mile service is even more. I'm not real happy with my dealer, but I do have this agreement which shows all the service was completed on the bike, so when I sell this bike or trade it in, I won't get the "Oh you have not had it serviced by a dealer so we need to deduct $s".
varyder
Posted 2009-02-21 6:24 PM (#28815 - in reply to #28323)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
No SA would have done me any good, turned 30k on my 1st year anniversary. Talking to the dealer today and he said my belt was looking good but the plating was coming off my rear pulley, time to change it. I"ve only got 35K on it now I'm I'm going to push it, maybe at my next tire change around 45K, no wait, I'll go one more rear tire before I do the belt, that'll be 60k, that will make it easier to do both at once. Happy trails to you....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™