You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Wiring help needed
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

VaParadox
Posted 2009-01-22 10:52 PM (#27331)
Subject: Wiring help needed

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Hey guys, a couple weeks ago before I left on vacation, I took my center console off to ship
to RacerShawn to do some custom work on it. I drew a wiring diagram for myself so that I knew which wires went where on the heated grips, flashers, and HID. Now that I have the console back (looking very stylish thanks to Shawn), I cannot locate where the paper wiring diagram I drew went to. I have wired the flashers and the HID and they work Here is what I need someone with some knowledge to help me.
I have one red wire, one blue wire and one lighter blue wire with a white plastic coupler attached. I know all three go on the heated grip leads but I dont recal in which place.
I believe the red went on the top, followed by the blue in the middle, with the lighter blue w/white coupler going on the bottom. Before i inadvertantly fry my grips, does anyone know if my placement is correct?
Any help greatly appreciated.

also, if you see a small piece of paper with vertical and horizontal lines with colors written beside them floating by you, grab it and send it back to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Al
Posted 2009-01-23 2:42 AM (#27345 - in reply to #27331)
Subject: RE: Wiring help needed

Cruiser

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
I believe your answer is posted in the tech Q&A, bottom of the first page. If I knew how to copy & paste I would be more help. Alan
cw1115
Posted 2009-01-23 6:55 AM (#27349 - in reply to #27331)
Subject: Re: Wiring help needed

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
This is from VisionBob:
BLU/PNK - COMMON
BROWN - LOW
BLUE - HIGH

THIS IS FROM THE MANUAL
VaParadox
Posted 2009-01-23 8:43 AM (#27353 - in reply to #27331)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Ok this helps What this doesnt tell me is are we assuming that of the three coupler positions the top one is for the Blue high
the middle coupler is for the common and the bottom coupler is for the low?? Or does is go High, Low, Common
(also assuming that what I called a red wire is the brown (color blind) and I dont have a blu/pink i have one that is to my eyes
a lighter blue slightly thicker wire in a white plastic houseing is that the Common? I do recognize the small blue as the "blue".
being color blind in small tight areas can be an annoyance, sorry but i was born this way)

thanks for your help with this guys
cw1115
Posted 2009-01-23 3:28 PM (#27389 - in reply to #27331)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I just went out and placed my bike on the tipover so I could get the best view of the wires. My bike has the brown wire on the front spade and the light blue wire on the rear spade. I can't get enought slack in the wire in the middle to see what color it is, but it should be the power wire. According to my wiring diagram that should be LT BU/PK (not sure what color they mean except it will have a pink stripe). I have had mine apart and am pretty sure I put it back the way it was. As long as the power is in the middle the worst thing that will happen is High and Low will be reversed on the switch.
airguy
Posted 2009-01-23 7:03 PM (#27396 - in reply to #27389)

Cruiser

Hinton, Iowa
Mac, I just sent you an E-mail. Hope it helps.

Ride Safe, Mike
VaParadox
Posted 2009-01-23 7:08 PM (#27397 - in reply to #27331)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Thanks Mike, referring to a blue and pink wire doesnt help me i dont see anything that looks like that color combination It sounds as if I have it correct. I have the brown on front, the blue in the middle and the lightblue with the white plastiic housing on the bottom.
I aint gots no pink wire....... not even on my tankless water heater HA HA HA HA HA HA HA there, i said it !!! now go drink a beer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™