You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Thanksgiving ramblings
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

raynchk
Posted 2016-11-26 9:44 AM (#190090)
Subject: Thanksgiving ramblings

Puddle Jumper

Punta Gorda, Florida
I've got 33,000 on my 2012 and have only had a couple of minor problems. Had to bleed rear brake for some weird reason, had to clean cruise control cable, change brake pads, tires, etc... minor stuff. Last time I was at the dealer I got to looking at a Triumph Trophy SE and it seemed a possible contender if I want to replace the Vision. But, with all the electronics, I'm not so sure it wouldn't end up being a maintenance nightmare.

Another odd thing is that I have a 2012 in gloss black and the sales people were concerned that it had been painted. I got the bike with 3000 and am sure it wasn't painted. Anybody have an idea why I'd get a 2012 with black paint?

thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
fnvision
Posted 2016-11-26 1:02 PM (#190091 - in reply to #190090)
Subject: Re: Thanksgiving ramblings

Puddle Jumper

Taylorsville, KY
I have a black 2012 vision and was also asked if it had been repainted by a dealer when I took it in for repairs from hitting a deer. The dealer said the factory claimed black was not an option for the vision in 2012, even though their website had black as an option for that year model. I'm guessing their record keeping software must be crap or someone doing the data entry at that time was given wrong information or not qualified for their job.
raynchk
Posted 2016-11-26 3:33 PM (#190092 - in reply to #190090)

Puddle Jumper

Punta Gorda, Florida
Yeah, it seems that's always the case. I'm stupid and make more than my share of mistakes, but at least I'm old and have excuses Funny thing is, it seems to be getting worse... (them-- not me!)
taz456
Posted 2016-11-27 11:08 AM (#190095 - in reply to #190090)
Subject: RE: Thanksgiving ramblings

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
I just bought a black 2012 to replace the 09 that state farm totaled. I got a great deal but there is some scuffs on the saddle bag lid. after looking at the used market I decided to buy a new lid. The 2012 black body panels come with with the last three digits of the parts number being for any body panel being 585 tinted black while every other year either lists the parts number with the last 3 of 266 cruiser black or both pieces are listed, When you go to add a piece to your cart or checkout the pieces listed with 585 are removed and replaced with the 266 listed parts number.

I was freaking out over this until I figured out this out. I am colorblind so all shades of black look black to me and I was unsure of what i needed until I saw that the process was converting everything over to the 266 parts number listing.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-11-27 5:48 PM (#190096 - in reply to #190090)

Visionary

after 2010 you could always get a black vision. no big deal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™