You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

AIR/FUEL TUNER
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

witchbiker
Posted 2017-03-02 7:01 PM (#191573)
Subject: AIR/FUEL TUNER

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States

Any ideas on the best price on a Lloyds Tuner?? I think I'm gonna need it, since I'm getting new pipes and I am running a top air filter.

witchbiker

Chrome HATES Florida!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lotzafun
Posted 2017-03-03 2:36 PM (#191575 - in reply to #191573)
Subject: Re: AIR/FUEL TUNER

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
I'll have a used unit for sale soon. Can be very soon if you are interested. Send me a PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-03-03 6:31 PM (#191577 - in reply to #191573)

Visionary

go to Kevinx he is one of the top 4 tuners in the country. you can find him on face book. He is the best
southern motoworx

1120 S Main St, # 4
High Springs, Florida
Get Directions

@kevinxsouthernmotorworx

Call (352) 215-3253
witchbiker
Posted 2017-03-05 8:04 AM (#191584 - in reply to #191573)

Cruiser

No on any social media. This is as social as I get!!
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-03-05 5:33 PM (#191586 - in reply to #191573)

Visionary

I posted his phone number. Kevinx is the best around you can't go wrong with one of his tunes. Hes great at doing cams
http://www.southernmotorworx.com/
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-03-06 4:27 PM (#191592 - in reply to #191577)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
johnnyvision - 2017-03-03 6:31 PM

go to Kevinx he is one of the top 4 tuners in the country. you can find him on face book. He is the best
southern motoworx

1120 S Main St, # 4
High Springs, Florida
Get Directions

@kevinxsouthernmotorworx

Call (352) 215-3253

he is one of the top tuners.. OR he sells one of the top tuners? i thought this guy was looking to purchase a product not a service?
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-03-08 6:19 PM (#191598 - in reply to #191573)

Visionary

He sells PCV and dyno tunes them like I said he is one of the best
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-03-09 5:45 AM (#191599 - in reply to #191573)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Oh I thought it was looking to purchase a tuner not find someone to tune it ..
witchbiker
Posted 2017-03-09 9:17 AM (#191600 - in reply to #191599)

Cruiser

Arkainzeye,

Johnny V jumped as usual. I AM looking to buy a tuner!! Lloyds?..Ness?? Others??

Best price...Best working...Easiest to use..etc!!

Thanks,

witchbiker

2008 Vision Tour with lots of corroded chrome....THANKS FLORIDA!!!

rdbudd
Posted 2017-03-09 10:07 AM (#191601 - in reply to #191600)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
witchbiker - 2017-03-09 9:17 AM

Arkainzeye,

Johnny V jumped as usual. I AM looking to buy a tuner!! Lloyds?..Ness?? Others??

Thanks,

witchbiker

Best price? That would require a lot of shopping around to determine. I got my VFCIII directly from Lloydz.

Best working? That will depend on the modifications you have done to your bike. For example, which pipes did you put on? Aftermarket pipes that maintain the flow characteristics and torque curve of the stock pipes can use either tuner equally well. Those that disrupt the characteristics will require the PCV to compensate for the disruptions.

Easiest to use? Again, that will depend on some variables. The VFCIII can easily be tuned by the owner/installer by using the road test method and, done correctly, will not need a dyno tune. The PCV will either require a dyno tune or the addition of an autotune module. Even with that, a dyno tune is recommended when using the PCV.

Do you have a dyno tune in the budget and in your immediate future? If so, either will work. If not, the VFCIII is easiest to use.

Ronnie
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-03-09 5:57 PM (#191609 - in reply to #191573)

Visionary

Go to Kevinx he has competitive prices. Stop and think if you buy a PCV where are you going to get a map?
Or you get a VFC111 where you going to get a tune. Your going to spin your wheels for a moth trying setting that are not right.
But you could go to Kevinx have him install it dyno it and after a couple hours you could be riding home with a perfect tuned bike.
So Arkainzeye sounds like you are cheap with your bike
rdbudd
Posted 2017-03-10 11:16 AM (#191618 - in reply to #191609)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
johnnyvision - 2017-03-09 5:57 PM

Go to Kevinx he has competitive prices. Stop and think if you buy a PCV where are you going to get a map?
Or you get a VFC111 where you going to get a tune. Your going to spin your wheels for a moth trying setting that are not right.
But you could go to Kevinx have him install it dyno it and after a couple hours you could be riding home with a perfect tuned bike.
So Arkainzeye sounds like you are cheap with your bike

I agree that you will need to have it dynoed if you use a PCV.

A competent person can easily tune a VFCIII using the road test method in about 15 minutes. No dyno needed. Either Lloyd, Kevin, or Rylan can tell you how. Both Kevin and Rylan used to do it all the time during cam parties before they got dynos. Rylan tuned mine in about 15 minutes. It has never been on a dyno. It doesn't need to be dyno tuned. It runs mid 12s in the quarter mile and 140+ MPH on the top, and still gets about the same fuel economy as stock.

Anyone interested can call any of those mentioned to verify what I just said.

People have to use a PCV when they have installed an exhaust system that screws up the torque curve. Not all aftermarket systems screw it up, but some do. If you don't install an exhaust system that screws up the torque curve, then either fuel controller works well.

PCV requires a dyno tune. VFCIII can be tuned with or without a dyno. Neither requires "a month of spinning your wheels".

If I lived that close to Kevin Cross, I would just ride over there and let him tune the controller of your choice. He might not even use an aftermarket controller at all. Give him a call before spending your money on anything. Aftermarket fuel controllers are becoming a thing of the past. Call Kevin.

Ronnie
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-03-11 4:49 PM (#191624 - in reply to #191573)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I've never dyno tuned any of my power commander 5's. Well I only had 2 ..and I used the auto tube feature as I didn't want to pay $300 for a custom map ( which is the best) but then as soon as you add or change anything to your set up that custom map is no longer "dead on" ..nothing is as good as a custom made dyno map
At the same time , I don't NEED one .. when I used a canned map from power commander , I thought it was good.. then when I got the auto tune... all the sudden . My throttle response was better than ever and my fuel mileage went way up ... I guess the canned map they give you can run a little rich.. I change stuff to much to pay for a dyno tune and then be stuck with it ..OR pay for another dyno as soon as you start adding or taking away configurations..
witchbiker
Posted 2017-03-14 7:53 AM (#191631 - in reply to #191573)
Subject: RE: AIR/FUEL TUNER

Cruiser

As a follow-up, I put "Freedom Performance True Duals" on my 2008 Vic. No cross-over pipe under, making the sidestand very hard to get to, because it's under the new left pipe. I need to put an extension on it. Also new left pipe is very hot, even with the shield on it. Need to get used to having the new HOT pipe right behind my left calf!

As for the way it's running, it just seems to be backfiring a lot when it's cold @ start-up, then still does some popping and backfiring at slow-down for lights, traffic, and stops. It's also not idling that well either. Lots more fuel going in(?), especially since I plugged the O2 sensor holes that are still in the new pipes. I'm looking to put new sensors in since the threaded holes are there, but they are NOT available through Ma Vic.

BTW, what is the small dial knob for on the left side valve behind the cheese wedge? I assume it's the adjuster for fuel flow?? Not sure what else it would do, but it doesn't show up on the Vic diagrams.

witchbiker in Florida: LOTS MORE RIDING TIME!!!

Kevinx's shop is where??

sjaskow
Posted 2017-03-14 12:31 PM (#191632 - in reply to #191631)

Puddle Jumper

Hastings, MN United States
witchbiker - 2017-03-14 8:53 AM
Kevinx's shop is where??

Kevinx is in High Springs, FL which is up by Gainesville. His non-Facebook page is http://www.southernmotorworx.com/
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-03-14 5:17 PM (#191633 - in reply to #191573)

Visionary

witchbiker

BTW, what is the small dial knob for on the left side valve behind the cheese wedge? I assume it's the adjuster for fuel flow?? Not sure what else it would do, but it doesn't show up on the Vic diagrams.

behind left cheese wedge is the coils. There is NO knob on any Vic for adjusting fuel.
do you have photo
witchbiker
Posted 2017-04-10 7:53 AM (#191729 - in reply to #191573)

Cruiser

Actually, the knob is on the right side, behind the cheese wedge. The fuel lines meet there, so I assume it's for fuel control...sort of.

witchbiker, now in Florida.

2008 Tour Premium

Freedom Performance Duals

Lloyds top air filter

Lights...lights...lights esp. the ones from Glen (was 'FlashMe' in Maine)

johnnyvision
Posted 2017-04-10 5:38 PM (#191730 - in reply to #191573)

Visionary

IAV is what's behind the right wedge. There is no adjustment to the OEM one
TechnoSupport
Posted 2017-04-18 12:40 PM (#191749 - in reply to #191600)

New user

witchbiker - 2017-03-09 10:17 AM

Arkainzeye,

Thanks,

witchbiker

Would certainly recommend contacting KevinX about your options for tuners. Even if he can't tune it for you, he can at least let you know what your best options are. Sometimes "low" costs are tricky because you must factor in installation costs/time.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™