You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Split Header
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

witchbiker
Posted 2017-03-29 1:33 PM (#191690)
Subject: Split Header

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States

Ended up with "Freedom Performance True Duals" on my 2008 Tour. Interesting sound, but have lost 4-5 miles/gal. Had O2's off for a short while, but put them back on due to major backfiring and stalling @ idle and take-off occasionally. Had two different size bung plugs installed!! Not sure if it was the shop just grabbing whatever fit, or if "FP" did it?!? Really pissed me off wasting over an hour trying to figure out what the problem was, and even then, one bung plug was broached really badly, with barely any depth to it at all!! One plug needed a 10mm allen socket, and the other ended up being a 3/8" allen socket. WTF?!?!?!

BTW, Will the ECM eventually re-set itself, or should I spen more $$$ for a Lloyds (or similar) A/F controller and possibly the timing plate?

witchbiker

'08 Vision w/almost 77K 

Florida Hates Chrome!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-03-29 6:28 PM (#191691 - in reply to #191690)
Subject: Re: Split Header

Visionary

Don't think the exhaust is causing the stalling. Check the rubber boots for cracks. The IAV might have cracks in the air lines
stalling is do to lack of air or fuel.
Maybe fuel pump. Check pressure should be 49psi and more
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™