You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

1" lowering link
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

jimtom
Posted 2017-05-26 5:50 PM (#191892)
Subject: 1" lowering link

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
Is it ok to install the 1" lowering link without the bag inserts for a 2008 Vision?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-05-26 6:12 PM (#191893 - in reply to #191892)
Subject: Re: 1" lowering link

Visionary

yes BUT your going to half to put more air in shock. You'll half to go slow out of some parking lots and driveways that have big drop offs cause the exhaust tip will scrap. Watch out for railroad tracks you can bottom out on them.
Not knowing your weight or girl friend start with 50 psi. then go up or down but never go below 35 psi
jimtom
Posted 2017-05-27 4:24 AM (#191894 - in reply to #191893)

Visionary

I think i have it on 70psi right now. Thank you for your advice.

Edited by jimtom 2017-05-27 4:24 AM
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2017-05-29 3:17 PM (#191903 - in reply to #191894)

Cruiser

I had to replace the rear shock on my 2010 Vision before I left Ft. Worth roughly a month ago. Great ride back to my daughters from the dealer in Denton but I noticed I was looking through the top edge of my windshield which isn't normal. Even with the 9 inch taller shield, line of sight is a couple inches over the top.

I headed toward Iowa the next day and after getting a room for the night, was surprised by the missing safety chain on my trailer and heavily worn remaining chain on the other side...so I added a few more pounds of air over the normal 45 I run when I'm pulling the Taj. Lost another chain and kept bottoming out the tongue on the trailer over the shallowest of dips during the day after leaving Anamosa.

Got back to Michigan a week later and had to replace yet another few links in the safety change and it was also the first time I "really" noticed the trailer sits a good 4 or 5 inches lower in the front than the back instead of being close to level. I suspect I have the wrong shock or a lowering link (or whatever it's called) was installed, which wasn't asked for.

So I'm getting a new set of tires installed and am having the bike shop check to make sure I got the right parts. I'm running 60 pounds in the shock now and still bottom the tongue out. $685 for a new shock and another $250+ for labor and if something's different from original on it, I'm not too happy. Can't blame anyone but myself though...took me quite a while to figure it out.

Edited by beemerdad2@yahoo.com 2017-05-29 3:22 PM
jimtom
Posted 2017-05-30 4:32 AM (#191908 - in reply to #191903)

Visionary

hmmm, hate to hear that . I am also planning on pulling a trailer some. I have had a friend refurbish mine, paint, new tires and led light upgrade . He just didn't get the lights to work so once that is resolved , I can begin to travel with it.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2017-05-30 9:49 AM (#191910 - in reply to #191908)

Cruiser

Other than the too low dip on the trailer, I'm happy with the way the Vision pulls my camper. It's the 3rd bike I've pulled it with since I retired in '02 but I still get 42 mpg pulling it on the highway which is way better than the 32mpg the other 2 bikes got. I had to redue my wiring last weekend too...seems the wires were dragging along with the safety chains and ground right through the right turn signal/tail lights.

Edited by beemerdad2@yahoo.com 2017-05-30 9:50 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™