You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

exedra goldwing tires (sorry...)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

ksievers
Posted 2017-06-21 10:49 AM (#192014)
Subject: exedra goldwing tires (sorry...)

Puddle Jumper

Norman, OK
I know there are opinions and that's what I'll get.. but can anyone give me a good, logical reason to not go with the Exedra GoldWing tires on my Vision? Same size, built for heavy bike, good enough for GoldWing in the rain, cheaper than Dunlop, etc.. looking for well reasoned answers - thanks -
Top of the page Bottom of the page
eotsis1
Posted 2017-06-21 11:35 AM (#192015 - in reply to #192014)
Subject: RE: exedra goldwing tires (sorry...)

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
I don't know about the 'goldwing' part but I currently have an Exedra max on the front of my Vision. Going to change it today probably. Has 13k on it. A bit cheaper than the E3 but I guess you get what you pay for.
It has a few miles left in it but I have time today to change it.
I felt more feedback from the road with the E3 I think but the Exedra has never let me down. It's just getting thin in the center.
ksievers
Posted 2017-06-21 12:10 PM (#192017 - in reply to #192014)
Subject: Re: exedra goldwing tires (sorry...)

Puddle Jumper

Norman, OK
eotsis1 are you going back to the Dunlop? My Dunlops have been fine - but I'm looking at the E4 vs the Exedra G704 and G709. there is a pretty good price differential there when you get the set... I do a lot of long distance riding and want very secure handling in the rain - but long wear too (doesn't everyone!?). I feel sure they are both good tires - just trying to find out why not on the Bridgestones... thanks -
eotsis1
Posted 2017-06-21 2:27 PM (#192018 - in reply to #192014)

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
BS's were just me trying out something different. The E3's cupped on me though I had been running low psi for a few miles due to not checking it. Just now taking a break from removing the BS. Noticed that it wore more on one side than the other. Perhaps riding 500+ miles with a 30 mph side wind might do that...
I may try E4's someday myself.
For now I'm going double darkside. Got a Pirelli 160/70/18 Rear tire going on the front.
I guess experimenting may be a life long endeavor.
rdbudd
Posted 2017-06-22 9:31 AM (#192022 - in reply to #192014)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I've run the Dunlop E3, the Bridgestone Excedra, and Shinko on my Vision.

My favorite combination for overall value, handling, and tire life is the Excedra on the front and the Shinko SE890 on the rear. The Shinko tires handle and wear about the same as the Dunlop E3. Like the Dunlop, the Shinko front howls and cups. The Bridgestone Excedra front handles and rides better than either the Dunlop or Shinko front tires. It doesn't last quite as long, but makes a good tire life match for the rears. A set consisting of the Excedra front and Shinko rear cost me less than $250 for the pair, and I replace both at the same time.

I have not tried the Dunlop E4 yet. The price is a little hard for me to swallow.

Ronnie
ksievers
Posted 2017-06-22 10:14 AM (#192023 - in reply to #192014)

Puddle Jumper

Norman, OK
thanks Ronnie, that helps. I'm leaning toward the Bridgestones... my local mechanic/tire guy thinks it's ridiculous to think they won't work on the Vision. Goldwing and Vision two heavy powerful bikes, etc... same size..
ksievers
Posted 2017-06-22 11:24 AM (#192024 - in reply to #192014)

Puddle Jumper

Norman, OK
OK, FWIW if anybody cares. I called Bridgestone, got some guy's voice mail, and he called back (!!!). I'm stunned but impressed. Very candid conversation about the G704/709 on a Vision, and he basically talked me out of it. I told him I realized he can't recommend for liability reasons, but just between us guys, and he still talked me out of it. He said Wing riders are overloading that tire with passenger, luggage, trailers, etc.. and that it does NOT wear as well as the Dunlop. The Dunlop is "reinforced" where the BS is not. So I guess I'll go with the E4's.. I am impressed that he called back and was straight with me.
witchbiker
Posted 2017-06-26 7:00 AM (#192035 - in reply to #192014)

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States
Just had the Dunlop E4's put on both front and rear. My 2008 Vision Tour with 85K feels like the bike did on day one with 10 miles on it!!! I've been through many sets of Metzlers, Contis, etc., most of which were bias-ply. I hated the Dunlop E3's because of the hard center, and although the E4's are described as being of the same design, I'm now in Florida, so I'm hoping the flatter roads will be the difference in the wear of the tires. The bike feels soooo much more balanced and smoother during turns and lane changes, it's like a new bike! Time will tell. Just put 5200 miles from Florida to California and back, and the tires acted flawlessly. We ran into some SERIOUS rain on the way back through Mississippi, but there were NO tire/handling issues at all!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™