You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Can't find an after market exhaust that will fit my Vision with reverse installed.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Derks
Posted 2018-05-03 2:00 PM (#192515)
Subject: Can't find an after market exhaust that will fit my Vision with reverse installed.

Puddle Jumper

Bloomfield, NJ United States
I finally decided to purchase new mufflers for my bike. I found out that most of the after market manufacturer have dropped their Victory Vision products.

I found that Freedom Performance has a nice set, but it is a full kit, including pipes, but if you have reverse installed like me, the left (rear cylinder) pipe would go right through the area where the reverse is mounted. There sale/service department is really helpful and friendly, but I can't use them.

I found only one other after market mufflers and they are Atom Bomb by B & E Performance. I emailed them with questions and I am waiting for a response.

Does anyone know of another slip-on brand that is still producing a product for the Vision? How do I purchase them? Any video containing their sound snipped?

Also how hard is replacing the slip-ons by yourself?

Thank You.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nohawg
Posted 2018-05-03 8:16 PM (#192517 - in reply to #192515)
Subject: Re: Can't find an after market exhaust that will fit my Vision with reverse installed.

Cruiser

Fargo, ND

The Atom Bombs sound good, but I found them a little loud.  Changing them yourself is easy.  If you have access to a service manual, it explains exactly how to do it.  Best of luck.

Edited by nohawg 2018-05-03 8:17 PM
nohawg
Posted 2018-05-03 9:01 PM (#192518 - in reply to #192515)
Subject: Re: Can't find an after market exhaust that will fit my Vision with reverse installed.

Cruiser

Fargo, ND
Lloyds, Dennis Kirk, Witchdoctor, or Arlen Ness may have slip-ons.
pollolittle
Posted 2018-05-03 9:20 PM (#192519 - in reply to #192515)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Nohawg i sent u a pm through this site.
Ferta McDaniels
Posted 2018-05-04 9:47 AM (#192521 - in reply to #192515)

Puddle Jumper

Okeana, OH United States
Check out the Gonzo Garage on Facebook. They have a couple of versions.
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-05-04 12:08 PM (#192522 - in reply to #192515)

Visionary

<p>Miller Muffler will custom make "mufflers" for you. Tell him how loud you want them. Hes fast and his mufflers have been dynoed with good results. Long as you do mufflers the reverse shouldn't efect them. Vic has some of the best flowing headers you can get </p><p> </p><p>https://www.facebook.com/Miller-Mufflers-1202142789809453/</p>

Edited by johnnyvision 2018-05-04 12:09 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-05-04 12:10 PM (#192524 - in reply to #192515)

Visionary

https://www.facebook.com/Miller-Mufflers-1202142789809453/
Bashcars
Posted 2018-05-08 3:56 PM (#192532 - in reply to #192515)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I recommend the Gonzo Garage on Facebook. They just replace the insides of the pipe and you send your pipes back. They are easy (mostly) to install. I have the regular Gonzo pipes and like the sound (not super loud and overbearing).
Derks
Posted 2018-05-11 2:34 PM (#192539 - in reply to #192532)

Puddle Jumper

OK. I made my decision and when with one of your recommendations. Miller Mufflers. I have a set on order and is due to arrive Tuesday. I hope to have them in the following Saturday. If I have time I'll do a before and after video.
Thank you for all of your suggestions.
nohawg
Posted 2018-05-14 10:19 PM (#192542 - in reply to #192515)

Cruiser

Fargo, ND
You won't be disappointed. I ran those on my Vision and they sounded great without being too loud. The only rub is you if you have the gattling tips, you may have to mill out the recess in the end to fit over the enlarged muffler outlet pipe. I used a Dremel and lots of patience. Stock exhaust tips fit fine.
Derks
Posted 2018-05-21 1:30 PM (#192544 - in reply to #192515)
Subject: RE: Can't find an after market exhaust that will fit my Vision with reverse installed.

Puddle Jumper

I finally got the Miller Mufflers in last week and installed them this past Saturday. Getting them of the pipes was a choir, but its done.

I am now getting some backfiring when I decelerate. Mostly happens when I'm power braking. I have a PCV installed with an Auto Tune. The AFR is set to 13.7 for all setting points. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get rid of the back firing?
nohawg
Posted 2018-05-22 9:53 PM (#192549 - in reply to #192515)

Cruiser

Fargo, ND
Any time you open the exhaust pipes or air intake, you will induce some backfiring on deceleration. Most of the time, it is from a lean fuel condition that you should be able to adjust with a fuel controller. You may have to manually adjust the auto-tune for a richer mapping. I used a Lloyd's fuel controller on mine and backfiring was very minimal. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Auto Tune. Any time you use an external fuel controller, have your dealer set the ECU mapping to the stock setting, not Stage 1 or Stage 2. The controller will adjust best from the stock settings.
Derks
Posted 2018-05-25 11:38 AM (#192553 - in reply to #192549)

Puddle Jumper

nohawg, I took your suggestion and it got better. I plan on going for a ride tomorrow and I'm taking my tablet with me. I intend to keep reducing AFR until the engine stops popping.
nohawg
Posted 2018-06-07 10:03 PM (#192580 - in reply to #192515)

Cruiser

Fargo, ND
I doubt you'll ever totally eliminate it, but you should be able to greatly improve it at least.
KLBlake
Posted 2018-06-08 2:57 PM (#192582 - in reply to #192515)
Subject: RE: Can't find an after market exhaust that will fit my Vision with reverse installed.

New user

, OK United States
My Vision has been triked, but it's still the same reverse kit, Gonzo Garage has mufflers for it, they sound great, I've got the Big Gonzo , but if your wanting something a little mellower they have that as well, Mike's the guy to talk to. Hope this helps
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™