You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New Slippers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

rainryder II
Posted 2019-06-26 2:34 PM (#192860)
Subject: New Slippers

Cruiser

Finally wore out the Shenkos that were on my '10 Vision 8 Ball and replaced them with Metzler Marathons, ME 880's. What a difference! I nearly low sided twice going too slow around 45 mph sweepers because I was so used to the lousy grip the Korean tires provided I wasn't carrying enough speed. I thought about going dark side but no shop will do the mounting. So overpriced or not, I've determined I'll be happy with the overpriced grip I've got. I've had good performance and life from these Marathons on other tankers in the past, so I look fwd to a safe season two up on the slab as well as curvy Washington State Olympic Peninsula backroads between rainstorms and Sasquatch traffic jams!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
smokier
Posted 2019-07-21 6:53 AM (#192894 - in reply to #192860)
Subject: Re: New Slippers

New user

Bellevue, IA United States
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Shinko's... Will remove them from the 'willing to try list'...

Ride safe,
Smokier
rainryder II
Posted 2019-07-24 12:50 PM (#192899 - in reply to #192860)
Subject: Re: New Slippers

Cruiser

My dealer tried to sell me on Dunlop E4's, another multi compound tread, similar to the Shenkos that were on my VV 8 Ball when I got it. My experience is that the center tread is hard as a rock for mileage on the freeway, while softer compounds make them stickier on the corners, where greater grip is needed. Awesome theory, but in practice, it means your tires wear into a sort of pyramid, tall in the middle and flat on the sides, which results in annoying tramlining, reduced grip and confidence in corners, especially two up, where total weight is pushing 1400 lbs. I've had the front end step out as much as two inches going around corners, and on crowned backroads, this will make your heart go pitty pat. These new Metzlers, on the other hand, now that I have a few hundred miles on them, make two up riding on scenic country highways so confidence inspiring, not having to fight the tiller anymore.
Three thumbs up on the Marathon 880's!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™