You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Tires Sizes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

vwfarm
Posted 2019-07-22 9:53 PM (#192897)
Subject: Tires Sizes

Cruiser

Ennis, Tx

Has onyone bought tires (front & rear) lately??  I have been looknig at Dennis Kirk and not finding the tires sizes for my 2009 VV.  I have ran Metzler ME880R MARATHON front & rear with no issues.  It's been 4yrs since I have had to buy tires.   

Sorry -- internet wasn't working for me -- sizes are showing up now...

Edited by vwfarm 2019-07-22 10:03 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BumbleDB
Posted 2019-07-23 11:17 PM (#192898 - in reply to #192897)
Subject: Re: Tires Sizes

Cruiser

Pretty sure only Dunlop makes the correct rear size. If you're going to run a different brand, you'll have to use the 180/65 tire. Dunlop makes the 60 series tire special for the vision. Why Polaris just didn't use the damn goldwing tire is beyond me. Not sure about the front, but I thought it was a standard size. The 65 rear tire will alter your speedo just a bit, but not enough to worry about. A couple of mph at highway speed.
sjaskow
Posted 2019-07-24 12:56 PM (#192900 - in reply to #192897)
Subject: RE: Tires Sizes

Puddle Jumper

Hastings, MN United States

When I was shopping for tires (I bought E4s for a place local to me), I just told the guy on the phone the bike first. He asked for sizes and then he said "Oh, GL1800 tires". I was surprised so I went and looked.  My manual says 180/60R16 for the rear, and this NADA Page says the rear for a GL1800 'wing is 180/60R16. Admittedly it's not a Honda page but most other pages  that I can find agree with it. I'd just look for GL1800 tires with the appropriate load rating which is 63H for the front and 80H for the rear.

rainryder II
Posted 2019-07-24 12:59 PM (#192901 - in reply to #192897)

Cruiser

I just went to Metzler ME 880 Marathons having had great performance out of them in the past on other tankers. Steer clear of the multi-compound tread formats if you go Dunlop (which means E4's, sorry) or Shenko because they wear into a "pyramid", where the center tread is tall and the sides wear rapidly due to their softer compounds, resulting in twitchy handling and tramlining where you spend more time correcting your line in corners than enjoying those same corners, as the front tire, especially, transitions from the sticky side compound to the slipperier center tread and back again. As I said elsewhere, three thumbs up for my new METZLERS. Even my passenger noticed, commenting, "What a difference these new tires make!" Apparently the ease of control translates aft, as well.

Edited by rainryder II 2019-07-24 1:03 PM
rdbudd
Posted 2019-07-26 1:39 AM (#192902 - in reply to #192898)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
BumbleDB - 2019-07-23 11:17 PM

Pretty sure only Dunlop makes the correct rear size. If you're going to run a different brand, you'll have to use the 180/65 tire. Dunlop makes the 60 series tire special for the vision. Why Polaris just didn't use the damn goldwing tire is beyond me. Not sure about the front, but I thought it was a standard size. The 65 rear tire will alter your speedo just a bit, but not enough to worry about. A couple of mph at highway speed.

Dunlop is NOT the only brand that will fit the Vision correctly. No, Dunlop did not come up with any special size just for the Vision. Polaris DID use the common GL1800 Goldwing tire sizes, both front and rear.

When shopping for tires for a Vision, simply search for tires for a GL1800, and you will find many sources, often with pair deals.

Ronnie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™