You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

does Indian motorcycles have plans for Vision bodied bike?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

taz456
Posted 2019-09-20 6:32 PM (#192943)
Subject: does Indian motorcycles have plans for Vision bodied bike?

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
Stopped by an Indian dealer to get a new rear tire on my Vision. A lot of talk and interest in the new Indian engine and bike named Challenger. Supposed to be liquid-cooled and is thought to be powered by an engine that Victory was working on before they shut down. I sat on a limited edition, hand painted Roadmaster and it just felt to cramped compared to the Vision. An employee told me that there might be hope for an Indian bike built around the Vision frame and body. His reasoning was all the research and development money spent to get the Vision produced. I sure hope so.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RoteBarron
Posted 2019-09-21 8:12 PM (#192944 - in reply to #192943)
Subject: Re: does Indian motorcycles have plans for Vision bodied bike?

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, WY United States
Funny you mention the legroom on an Indian (albeit limited edition). I sat on one a couple of years ago and never minding the roughly $14000 price jump I thought it was cramped. I asked the salesman (not trying to be a dick just a legit question) Where are you supposed to put your feet? He sad whadda ya ride now? 13 Vision I says..........crickets ;-) There has been talk of the water cooled engine similar (same as?) the Octane/Scout showing up in a larger size with a Cross Country look to it. So far nothing has surfaced with a Vision vibe that I've seen. Not saying it couldn't happen just haven't seen or heard it. LMYR
taz456
Posted 2019-09-22 6:10 AM (#192945 - in reply to #192943)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
In our talks the salesman stated that they could order a different seat which sits an inch further back that the stock one. he said that they can do this for all larger indian models. When I asked if that was an option or as a replacement seat. Of course he said a replacement which means you are stuck with the original seat which is of no use to you.
bigwill5150
Posted 2019-11-08 8:13 PM (#192958 - in reply to #192943)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
I guess you could call it the Challenger; but after Victory, I don't see myself lining up with cash at Polaris' steps.

Edited by bigwill5150 2019-11-08 8:14 PM
TommyGun
Posted 2019-11-09 5:46 PM (#192961 - in reply to #192943)

Puddle Jumper

Mossyrock, WA
I want to know if that motor will bolt into my current Vision.
bigwill5150
Posted 2019-11-10 7:00 PM (#192962 - in reply to #192943)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
Frame looks similar but probably isn't due to the lack of bottom end I see. That would be a nightmare swap. ECM, exhaust, intake, all the electronics associated. "122 HP Horsepower, 128 ft-lbs Torque" would be a wash in HP and a 8ftlb downgrade in torque for me with cam/valve upgrades and reflash tune I currently run.

It's only about 1200 bucks to do the work yourself and have the ECM reflashed + dyno costs for a solid tune.

Edited by bigwill5150 2019-11-10 7:02 PM
Handsome_Stranger
Posted 2019-12-17 7:46 PM (#192966 - in reply to #192961)

Puddle Jumper

Salisbury, MD United States

I had the same question. I wonder about the tranny too.

dr_reloader
Posted 2019-12-22 11:01 PM (#192977 - in reply to #192962)

Tourer

, FL United States

bigwill5150 - 2019-11-10 7:00  "122 HP Horsepower, 128 ft-lbs Torque" would be a wash in HP and a 8ftlb downgrade in torque for me with cam/valve upgrades and reflash tune I currently run. It's only about 1200 bucks to do the work yourself and have the ECM reflashed + dyno costs for a solid tune.

What all have you done to the bike? All the stats from Indian are not RWP. It is at the cranks. I seen a video on you tube with real RWP stats that is close to what I have now in the Vision. I think the Challenger may have a few more tq # than mine but Kevinx did mine on his first shop dyno. The Challenger seems to like the higher rpms as well. 

Just waiting to see what Lloyd can do to this new bike. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™