You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision exhaust
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

TucsonVision
Posted 2009-02-10 3:38 PM (#27995)
Subject: Vision exhaust

New user

Does anyone make true dual exhaust for the Vision yet?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2009-02-10 6:08 PM (#27998 - in reply to #27995)
Subject: RE: Vision exhaust

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
What do you mean by true dual exhaust?
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2009-02-11 7:29 AM (#28039 - in reply to #27995)
Subject: Re: Vision exhaust

Fountain Inn, SC United States
I believe RPW might make true duals for the Vision. Give Lloydz Motorworks a call, they are the dealer.
lobsterhunter
Posted 2009-02-11 10:23 AM (#28046 - in reply to #27995)

New user

Yes they do make them, however Lloyd tried them on my Vision and lost power with them.
dwhite28
Posted 2009-02-11 12:29 PM (#28057 - in reply to #27995)

Tourer

San Antonio, TX United States
Usually all true dual will cause you to loose power. The two into 1 keeps the back pressure equal on both cylinders and easier to tune. Unless you have the time and space available to truly "tune" the length of the headers to get the most power from each cylinder, you are best to stay with the two into one set up.
radioteacher
Posted 2009-02-11 6:04 PM (#28070 - in reply to #27995)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
David,

Thanks for the post. When looking at HD, a dealer was pushing me to get true duals on a road glide. I asked why? Then I got a received a snotty look and was told that if I did not know why, then I should just follow their advice since they knew what they were talking about.

Oh well, I bought a Vision instead and just love it.

At least now I know how Two-into-one can provide a more power then true duals. I am sure that with proper tuning a true dual can get the same power benefit but why bother.

Learning more all of the time.

Ride Safe.

dwhite28
Posted 2009-02-11 10:27 PM (#28121 - in reply to #27995)

Tourer

Not a problem. I like the sound of dual pipes myself, i have them on my 98 Honda Shadow 750. But i also love the Vision sound with my S1-L2 pipes. If we think back when we were kids, the thing to have was Headers on your V-8. Each header had different length pipes for each cylinder that finally went into a single collector. This was to help even out the back pressure to help each cylinder achieve a more even power output. Same principle applies to motorcycles. There are headers available for inline fours and if you remember the CBX that Honda made with the inline 6, you will remember all the bends and different lengths in the header pipes from each cylinder before going into a single collector. It's a shame the HD dealer didnt know how to answer your question with out having to act the way you descirbed. He might have sold more bikes with out being a jerk. Good thing he drove you to buy a Vision though.
kevinx
Posted 2009-02-12 11:40 AM (#28153 - in reply to #28121)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
It's about velocity, and scavenging; not back pressure
dwhite28
Posted 2009-02-12 12:12 PM (#28154 - in reply to #27995)

Tourer

Thanks Kevin. I got in the bad habit of using the term back pressure to cover everything concerning the flow of air from the exhaust port. You are right in using the proper terms for your average person to develop a desire to investigate and learn more about what is going on when the gases escape through the valve and what one is trying to achieve when balancing their needs between horsepower, fuel econonmy and emissions.
kevinx
Posted 2009-02-12 2:47 PM (#28169 - in reply to #28154)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
dwhite28 - 2009-02-12 12:12 PM

Thanks Kevin. I got in the bad habit of using the term back pressure to cover everything concerning the flow of air from the exhaust port. You are right in using the proper terms for your average person to develop a desire to investigate and learn more about what is going on when the gases escape through the valve and what one is trying to achieve when balancing their needs between horsepower, fuel econonmy and emissions.

*LOL* It has been a pet peeve of mine that I inherited from my father. Undersatanding the real WHY of the systems. Helps people to understand the HOW of them. It took forever for me to get it through a co-workers head that a baffle helps performance. Not by the restriction creating back pressure, but because the opening then creates a venturi effect. Accelerating the gasses on exit, and thus drawing the remaining gases at a higher rate
rpwusa
Posted 2009-02-26 3:41 PM (#29114 - in reply to #27995)

New user

to be fair rpwusa,s vision pipe made power on s1L1 we are still testing on the bike for lloydzs cams. it wanted diffrent flow for power. 106 torque from 2600rpm to 4400rpm 91.52hp

Edited by rpwusa 2009-02-26 3:50 PM
radioteacher
Posted 2009-02-26 5:46 PM (#29119 - in reply to #27995)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Kevinx, dwhite and rpwusa,

Could you point those of us that are very interested to learn more on the subject to an article or web site describing the processes involved ie......velocity, and scavenging; not back pressure. I always want to know more about my primary transportation and how it works.

Thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™